IGNORED

Theoretical hopes

ciderbeans

I believe Tammy will stay another year as I feel he knows he's possibly not quite ready for the prem. one professional season under your belt does not make you premier league quality, despite his undenied talent.

i think if we stay up, he will stay another year to prove he wasn't a one season flash in the pan, develop further, and either take us to the prem or then go to another team that will be in it.

couple that with hopefully a couple of Chelsea colleagues on loan to join him with us like Palmer, it should provide him even more comfort in Bristol, and us even more quality on the pitch.

am I dreaming or does anyone else share this hope?

*yes in part, it does hinge on us staying in the league.

As much as it would be awesome if he stayed there's no chance.

Tammy will surely be looking at Dele Ali as someone he could easily emulate.

Tammy has already scored more goals in a single season of Championship football than Ali scored in 2 1/2 years at MK Dons. Also, Tammy has already made a couple of starts for Chelsea.

I wish the lad every success.

Tammy won't be here next season, even if Chelsea believed he wasn't ready for premier league football they'd probably send him to a club who are likely to finish in the top 6. More than likely he will either go on loan to a premier league club or be kept at Chelsea as back up.

20 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

I believe Tammy will stay another year as I feel he knows he's possibly not quite ready for the prem. one professional season under your belt does not make you premier league quality, despite his undenied talent.

i think if we stay up, he will stay another year to prove he wasn't a one season flash in the pan, develop further, and either take us to the prem or then go to another team that will be in it.

couple that with hopefully a couple of Chelsea colleagues on loan to join him with us like Palmer, it should provide him even more comfort in Bristol, and us even more quality on the pitch.

If Tammy stays at BCFC another year, I will both eat my hat, and start being nice to BigTone.

I am that confident.

Shame, but the lad is not a total moron.

tfj

He will probably go but I think he likes to play in City. He looks very happy when he play and score for us. Remember Hudds when he scored, ran to the ball boy and celebrate, thats hapiness. Top player and driver, he he. Wish him well wherever he will play. Once again, what  player. He can smell where the ball is coming and then he scores, a gift.

Not a chance he will stay here.

I think either an upper end Championship club- say a freshly relegated one who look in otherwise decent shape or Norwich or someone like that who should be pushing again.

Or a lowly, or perhaps lower midtable PL side. The logical next step up- I would love it if I was wrong but unfortunately I am unsure what Chelsea would gain from such a scenario.

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

We have more chance of winning the Milk Cup than Tammy staying with our shower of Shite. Dream on !!

I can't see him starting for Chelsea, maybe one of the cups if he still there. I would have thought he would go somewhere where he will be a starter again, he has benefited tremendously from regular football. I heard their Academy Coach on 606 recently saying that he is a fantastic talent, that many goals in his first season etc, but the important thing was that he had started nearly every game when fit. If he went to a Prem side and didn't start scoring he would on the bench.

Relegated prem side in this division I reckon, Middlesborough?

Brighton will need to strengthen when they go up, Murray is knocking on a bit and Baldock isn't Prem quality. Brighton will have seen plenty of Tammy this season, it's closer to London and will offer albeit lower end, Premier League football. Proven respected manager, and a club that plays good football. Could feasibly be a good fit!

If you were Tammy, would you want to stay at a club with such a toxic atmosphere where you are isolated upfront with lack of service for most games? If you were Chelsea, would you be happy to put one of your young starlets under the supervision of an extremely weak head coach, quite probably the worst in the division?

Sorry but if I was Tammy I'd be desperate to get away and if I was Chelsea I would be giving our club a wide berth for any future loans.

55 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

If you were Tammy, would you want to stay at a club with such a toxic atmosphere where you are isolated upfront with lack of service for most games? If you were Chelsea, would you be happy to put one of your young starlets under the supervision of an extremely weak head coach, quite probably the worst in the division?

Sorry but if I was Tammy I'd be desperate to get away and if I was Chelsea I would be giving our club a wide berth for any future loans.

You could argue the other way though that he has succeeded despite all that and will have learnt a lot more from the experience than perhaps he would have done elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I don't think Chelsea will be too bothered with LJ's lack of nous, that's our problem not theirs. They will be pleased that he's got plenty of game time and scored 24 goals in adverse circumstances. They will definitely be looking to move him up a notch or two next season though.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

To be fair, I think the fact is anyone could see after the Preston game that Tammy clearly gives a damn about our fortunes and appreciates the opportunity he has got here and I do not doubt he will have a soft spot for us after he leaves. So I don't think he'll be anywhere near as desperate to get away as you think and nor do I think Chelsea will be that upset - he has played regularly and done well 

However, I also think Tammy will know the sensible next step is a loan to a lower Premier League club or, at worst, one competing at the top end of the Championship. So I think it near impossible he will stay but I do not think the reasons for that are anywhere near as negative as your post suggests.

I don't think we have a snowball's chance of getting Tammy back but one can dream.  All I would say is that he does not look like a player counting down the games to get away, just look at his work rate, goal celebrations, coming over to the fans at PNE, even has a smile during play when his name rings out.

As to his immediate future, he is an exceptional player without a doubt but Chelsea need to be very careful with this gem.  Loan to a lower Prem club could mean struggle, manager sacking after a few months, loss of form etc which at his age could ruin him.  Some Chelsea fans seem to feel he is ready for their bench and the occasional start next season.  DA at Spurs did not get loaned to a lower Prem club and he's doing alright !!!!

LJ is no fool...... he's obviously got a brown envelope full of photos of people who matter to have survived this long. Maybe he's got a few of Tammy and he'll be able to persuade him to stay. The comment about Patrick Bamford is spot on.  Championship player of the year if my memory serves me correctly, went back from Boro to Chelsea after hitting 20 plus goals. Loaned to Palace and couldn't get on the pitch. Fell out with Pardew and went back to Chelsea.  Who loaned him to Norwich. The grass is rarely greener.

19 hours ago, Big C said:

I'm hoping he is mates with Patrick Bamford and use his experience as a warning. He might see it as better to stay with a team that he knows he can do well with rather than trying to fit in at a new club

I very much doubt that Tammy will have too much say on where he is playing next season. Chelsea will strongly suggest where they want him and he will be there. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I very much doubt that Tammy will have too much say on where he is playing next season. Chelsea will strongly suggest where they want him and he will be there. 

I agree with that. If......big if mind you,  he is settled in Bristol and happy with us in the Championship, there is a small chance they will give him a further season here on loan?

**Click fingers

And you back in the room. Darn these day dreams

• Admin
On 10/04/2017 at 14:20, Fiale said:

I imagine a lower PL team next season with just a clause that he can't play against Chelsea. Then they can really see how far along he is in getting PL ready.

No need for a clause, it's in the league's rules that you can't face your parent club.

On 10/04/2017 at 19:45, Red Right Hand said:

You could argue the other way though that he has succeeded despite all that and will have learnt a lot more from the experience than perhaps he would have done elsewhere.

Exactly. In a better team he wouldn't have had to develop in the way a season with us has developed him. He's definitely taken huge strides towards being a man playin on his own up front with us and succeeded too.

Archived