IGNORED

Palace v Arsenal

Maesknoll Red

And once again Palace show the rest of us what a proper home atmosphere should sound like....

Awesome home support over many seasons....

And the 'Big Sam' haters on here can also hide away once more....3-0 up against Arsenal, 5 wins from the last 6 games, he's never been relegated....but obviously not good enough for Bristol City as many pronounced when he was unemployed....

• Admin

Do the London teams have a better atmosphere because not many people drive to games, it's easier to have a beer and not have to rush off 10 minutes from the end if your going home on the tube?  No idea if that might be a contributing factor, just a wild theory on my part.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

And once again Palace show the rest of us what a proper home atmosphere should sound like....

Agreed.  There's something about Saff Landon/Croydon, though - they're mouthy xxxxers.  There's a Palace fan in my life currently.  Can't shut him up, animal. 

He thinks the West Country folk are most mild-mannered.  Good lad though and he likes Bristolians, thinks we're great!

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Cracking second goal, Arsene with a face like a slapped ass......

Bit like my Arsenal supporting other half then! After coming home to him a week ago from Preston, never mind most other games this season, is it cruel that I'm kind of enjoying his upset?!

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

Do the London teams have a better atmosphere because not many people drive to games, it's easier to have a beer and not have to rush off 10 minutes from the end if your going home on the tube?  No idea if that might be a contributing factor, just a wold theory on my part.

Palace create a tremendous cauldron of noise and Spurs fans make a din as well, but that's by no means the case for all London clubs - W Ham have suffered massively from leaving Upton Park and Arsenal and Chelsea's home supports are utterly embarrassing.

Good club Palace, hope they kick on from here and stay up.

As for Wenger, he should've got the push yonks ago - OK he's picked up a couple of FA Cups and although the majority of us still cherish that competition it's clear the big clubs don't.

So basically he's done absolutely nothing of note since reaching the CL final 11 years ago - I cannot think of a club of comparable size across Europe that would've tolerated such a litany of failure.

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Do the London teams have a better atmosphere because not many people drive to games, it's easier to have a beer and not have to rush off 10 minutes from the end if your going home on the tube?  No idea if that might be a contributing factor, just a wild theory on my part.

Judging by the way Arsenal are playing they turned up on the tube, having downed a few on the way......oh dear! Poor when the team bus turns up late.  Not like they haven't made the trip before.

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Arsenal and Chelsea atmospheres are shocking 

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And the 'Big Sam' haters on here can also hide away once more....3-0 up against Arsenal, 5 wins from the last 6 games, he's never been relegated....but obviously not good enough for Bristol City as many pronounced when he was unemployed....

Calm down with the palace love in! Best atmosphere my arse!! 

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit people have paid good money to sit where they like and not have there view impaired.

• Admin
Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Arsenal and Chelsea atmospheres are shocking 

Chelsea didn't used to be poor when they had the shed.  But both Arsenal and Chelsea are vey corporate, the regular European qualifying clubs seem to have lost the real football atmosphere - Man U retain it away, but it must be down to pricing and disenfranchisement of those who can't go any more.  I know a couple of guys in London who are Chelsea through and through, never used to miss a match, now they can't afford to go.

Just now, Spoons said:

Calm down with the palace love in! Best atmosphere my arse!! 

Interested to know which you think the best? Leicester not bad - I'm one of the few who don't mind those clacky whatchamacallits. Pompey decent too, Goodison has its moments.

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

Chelsea didn't used to be poor when they had the shed.  But both Arsenal and Chelsea are vey corporate, the regular European qualifying clubs seem to have lost the real football atmosphere - Man U retain it away, but it must be down to pricing and disenfranchisement of those who can't go any more.  I know a couple of guys in London who are Chelsea through and through, never used to miss a match, now they can't afford to go.

Man Utd and Liverpool only get good atmopheres on big games. A lot of package deals done now at big clubs people going just for a day out and not proper fans , like a lot of English go to watch Barca or Madrid for a weekend jolly 

it'll be like that down Ashton when we're in the europa league in 4 years time :laughcont:

IMO opinion grounds create atmosphere not so much the fans. Might seem a strange idea but I'm convinced on it. The bigger and better the stadia , the worse the atmosphere.

Having said that selhurst park looks and sounds better on TV than in reality. Been there 3 times with city and average atmosphere's , watched it back on TV seemed amazing .

Archived