IGNORED

taylor and patto

leadman

4 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I can't remember exactly how old he is - 25 or so - but he's past the age of being able to be coached how to trap the bloody ball. Jeez. There's better control on The Downs week in, week out. He's league One, max, is Taylor. He can't blame the pitch, either. Mind, Tammy isn't the best, either, but he "knows where the goal is". Taylor doesn't even know where the barbers is. 

Oh please just **** off

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Oh please just **** off

8 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

:gasmask:

Did you tell 29AR to fkuck off, suggesting he/she is a Rovers supporter? 29Ar, essentially, made the same point as me - Taylor's first touch is awful. It is. I'd like either of you to demonstrate different. Show us some clips of him trapping the ball perfectly - which, when you're paid £000s a week, it's not unreasonable to expect. I have nothing against him, I'm just pointing out his control is not Championship standard. It's League One at best. Both of you have just descended into abuse and swearing, but only to me, not others who, fundamentally, make the same point (although I extrapolated he might not be able to acquire the necessary skills of control for this level at his age).

Without being funny, I'd suggest it were YOU who are gas. Not me.

32 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Did you tell 29AR to fkuck off, suggesting he/she is a Rovers supporter? 29Ar, essentially, made the same point as me - Taylor's first touch is awful. It is. I'd like either of you to demonstrate different. Show us some clips of him trapping the ball perfectly - which, when you're paid £000s a week, it's not unreasonable to expect. I have nothing against him, I'm just pointing out his control is not Championship standard. It's League One at best. Both of you have just descended into abuse and swearing, but only to me, not others who, fundamentally, make the same point (although I extrapolated he might not be able to acquire the necessary skills of control for this level at his age).

Be very careful with the word "awful" It can have a very nasty habit of coming back and making someone look a bit silly. Also, I think Taylor has been playing really well. dragging defenders about, looking lively, playing some nice desicive passes that have lead to goals. The only thing is, i think he looks a bit over anxious to score whick is probably making his first touch in the box look a bit dodgy. Give it time, and i think it will come good. Of course, you are free to decide he's not up to it now, if you want to. It's your choice

8 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Onuoha was fantastic yesterday, if it wasn't for him we could have had 5.

i also though Flint had a very good game, won almost all of his headers even when Matt Smith was on the pitch.

Is that the same Flint who apparently isn't good enough for the Championship in some posters' opinion?

37 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Be very careful with the word "awful" It can have a very nasty habit of coming back and making someone look a bit silly. Also, I think Taylor has been playing really well. dragging defenders about, looking lively, playing some nice desicive passes that have lead to goals. The only thing is, i think he looks a bit over anxious to score whick is probably making his first touch in the box look a bit dodgy. Give it time, and i think it will come good. Of course, you are free to decide he's not up to it now, if you want to. It's your choice

I think his control is awful, whether that comes back to bite me in the arse or not, but thanks for the advice. He is possibly 'trying too hard' and, I agree, his off the ball work is good, plus his pass to Paterson yesterday and one or two for Abraham, was excellent. But I am happy enough to judge him not good enough for the Championship. His misses at derby, Brentford and another I can't recall, show he's not good enough for this level - not to score the number of goals he did in divisions below. I wouldn't want to think he'd be first choice striker come August, should we stay up. As you say, it's my choice and it's interesting to see many people have made the same choice (on here and those I've talked to). It's a game of opinions and a forum is where you express those - unless you are someone who just abuses or labels someone a rival supporter if an opinion differs from yours (I'm obv not talking about you, you put yr opinion into words, putting yr argument over in a sensible manner. I'm talking about the likes of agard and JasonM88 whoever. The thought that one of them tries to suggest I'm Rovers is making so many people laugh right now.....)

On 14/04/2017 at 17:40, 29AR said:

Taylor is an odd one for me. He is excellent at the indirect stuff - making space, harassing, being a nuisance. His first touch is shockingly bad though. He just cannot consistently bring the ball in. 

Right now he's a big asset because we are playing with a bit of verve. He's going to need a lot of training on his technique before he's a good championship striker though I feel

If he had technical class he would not be playing for us in the champ. For 300K he was a steal. Another good performance and his movement is excellent. Two assists too. The guy is good. 

2 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Just **** off

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I think his control is awful, whether that comes back to bite me in the arse or not, but thanks for the advice. He is possibly 'trying too hard' and, I agree, his off the ball work is good, plus his pass to Paterson yesterday and one or two for Abraham, was excellent. But I am happy enough to judge him not good enough for the Championship. His misses at derby, Brentford and another I can't recall, show he's not good enough for this level - not to score the number of goals he did in divisions below. I wouldn't want to think he'd be first choice striker come August, should we stay up. As you say, it's my choice and it's interesting to see many people have made the same choice (on here and those I've talked to). It's a game of opinions and a forum is where you express those - unless you are someone who just abuses or labels someone a rival supporter if an opinion differs from yours (I'm obv not talking about you, you put yr opinion into words, putting yr argument over in a sensible manner. I'm talking about the likes of agard and JasonM88 whoever. The thought that one of them tries to suggest I'm Rovers is making so many people laugh right now.....)

No problem with that

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

One last thing I would add.. good strikers often feature in those videos of "how the **** did he miss that one"? it's the nature of being up top. The stats suggest that Ibrahimovic and Costa top the most wastful in the prem charts. just give him more time, is my theory

13 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

We all have our "cognitive biases" or our plain, simple "biases," such as the "g5s bias." I am prone to this one! I am not one of the many that enthusiastically cheer Matt Taylor warming up/running down to pumpfist with Frank/coming off the bench/coming off near the end/the mere mention of his name; I was underwhelmed by his signing, and his first few appearances. I am biased against the lad because of where we got him from, and this might've clouded my observation of his contribution so far.

It is pointed out on this thread that this is only his second year of League football. Worth remembering this. 

QPR game, he was better than Tammy, involved in both goals. Maybe Tammy was the one they focussed on stopping, who knows, but Taylor's contribution to the second goal was excellent - finding himself a pocket of space to give Pack a good option; his run and pass to Paterson, perfection - and that was one of our goals of the season. Easily.

Looking at him you can see poor control, poor decision making, and other areas where fault can be found. But you can see little nuggets of gold too. Such as that second goal, Friday.

Is there enough "gold" to compensate for the "faults"? Will there be more "gold" and less "fault" next season? Have we been lucky playing two not-really-on-it sides-ready-for-the-beach/will he do it against the best sides?Will opposition suss him out? Is it just putting someone, anyone, close to Tammy who isn't 37, or is it Taylor and his game himself that has improved things (at home)? I don't know, and I'll have to watch those pesky "biases" but - to paraphrase SO'D - don't miss what he can and does do because he was a grubby g5s tw*nk, er, because of what he cannot do. 

On April 14, 2017 at 12:03, joe jordans teeth said:

You get a goalscorer next to Taylor and his signing makes sense because as you said he drags the defenders where they don't want to go,if we don't have a scorer next to him we are paddling up crap creek next season 

Don't worry we have Engval! (I hear the op to remove his splinter was a success)

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Don't worry we have Engval! (I hear the op to remove his splinter was a success)

And the word for splinter in Swedish is splittra.

This post could be the most useless one ever posted on otib.....unless you're off to the flat pack 4 warehouse today! 

9 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Absolutely, yes.

Mind the gap fella.

Look at your nom de plume (look that up, mate, in a dictionary. You might have to look up what a dictionary is. Try in a dictionary) and mine. Says everything. Plus, I don't use whatever that is what you're using for an icon (look that word up, too). Pathetic, teenage, weak, ill-informed, scared little pictures of things you'd never get involved in. Dear oh dear. I am laughing so hard at you are coming over to everyone.

21 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Quite right and you're entitled to your opinion, however ludicrous it is.

7 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Look at your nom de plume (look that up, mate, in a dictionary. You might have to look up what a dictionary is. Try in a dictionary) and mine. Says everything. Plus, I don't use whatever that is what you're using for an icon (look that word up, too). Pathetic, teenage, weak, ill-informed, scared little pictures of things you'd never get involved in. Dear oh dear. I am laughing so hard at you are coming over to everyone.

Well, speaking as a dispassionate observer, that was pretty unpleasant and unnecessary wasn't it?  Still, if it makes you feel better...

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well, speaking as a dispassionate observer, that was pretty unpleasant and unnecessary wasn't it?  Still, if t makes you feel better...

Mate, sorry, how have you got involved?!!!! I suppose it makes you feel better...? Leave me to my, ahem, ludicrous opinions about a footballer's control. 

4 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Can't hear any laughter mate. And don't understand any of your points. Probably best you head back on over to Gaschat.

Archived