IGNORED

Birmingham Fans On The Pitch At Rotherham

EnclosureSurge

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

As mentioned in the other thread, they didn't. The council did. Believe me they and various others tried to get the 10k rearranged. The council refused.

Police have power over council especially if it's health and safety .

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Police have power over council especially if it's health and safety .

They do I`m sure and something should have been sorted six months ago at least but it`s not going to change this close to it now.

Dear God can you imagine the meltdown in the BEP and on PW if the race was delayed just to accommodate a few football hooligans? Family days out ruined, people have trained for this for months and now can`t compete blah, blah, blah. You wouldn`t be able to move for sadface pictures and letters from outraged residents.

Plus it would mean the council admitting they ****** up by not realising the two events were on at the same time and that`s not going to happen is it?

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They do I`m sure and something should have been sorted six months ago at least but it`s not going to change this close to it now.

Dear God can you imagine the meltdown in the BEP and on PW if the race was delayed just to accommodate a few football hooligans? Family days out ruined, people have trained for this for months and now can`t compete blah, blah, blah. You wouldn`t be able to move for sadface pictures and letters from outraged residents.

Plus it would mean the council admitting they ****** up by not realising the two events were on at the same time and that`s not going to happen is it?

To be fair a city the size of Bristol should be able to cope with 2 events of this size if it weren't for the complete mess of transport the city counsel has already created.

Just now, Pezo said:

To be fair a city the size of Bristol should be able to cope with 2 events of this size if it weren't for the complete mess of transport the city counsel has already created.

Absolutely agree mate. Much as it pains me to say it I was working in Cardiff one Friday and that evening Wales Rugby were playing at the Millennium and Cardiff were at home to someone or other - TBF it wasn`t Leeds or anyone like that, one of the `lesser` championship sides and I think it was on Sky - but both games went on at the same time and don`t forget there would have been the normal Friday night city centre shenanigins for the Heddlu to deal with as well.

The trains are also up the spout and there may be a few on rail replacements from Gloucester, getting in to temple meads at around 11:45

they've already sold out but this has the potential to be a logistical disaster for them and they may not be particularly happy brummies come 12pm ... that's without taking into account our collective precarious position scrapping just above the drop 

4 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

The trains are also up the spout and there may be a few on rail replacements from Gloucester, getting in to temple meads at around 11:45

they've already sold out but this has the potential to be a logistical disaster for them and they may not be particularly happy brummies come 12pm ... that's without taking into account our collective precarious position scrapping just above the drop 

All it needs now is an upgrading of the terrorist threat in the few days before the game/run and it will be chaos.

Anyone know if the Portway Park and Ride is going to operate?

Mindful your totally inept Council is all in favour of public transport, it would be nice to think they at least considered people who are forced out of their cars on to the pauper wagons to get the ground.

Just now, Moor2Sea said:

Mindful your totally inept Council is all in favour of public transport, it would be nice to think they at least considered people who are forced out of their cars on to the pauper wagons to get the ground.

Doubt it as surely the port way is part of the 10k course? 

Just now, Moor2Sea said:

I guess if they are running it will have to go on the motorway and the up through Abbots Leigh, the way they are telling Birmingham fans to go, more gridlock I expect! 

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

You can bet your life that they won`t allow the Long Ashton p&r to be used just for the one day only either

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Exactly. Won't someone think of children and the Mums. 

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Not operating mate. 

http://www.greatrun.org/great-bristol-10k

12 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Cheers.

Only in Bristol.

Traffic carnage then it is. What an absolute bunch of clowns. Thousands are going to descend on that Abbotts Leigh road, it'll be total gridlock - even if they did open the Long Ashton P&R. 

Long Ashton P & R is open - and buses running to Jacobs Wells Rd roundabout.......for those going to watch the run. I suppose you could park there but no doubt security (and OB) will try to prevent this.

Portway p and r not running. Brislington p and r running to Redcliff Way only.

These are the normal First Bus services, no news on the football special buses yet

44 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Long Ashton P & R is open - and buses running to Jacobs Wells Rd roundabout.......for those going to watch the run. I suppose you could park there but no doubt security (and OB) will try to prevent this.

Portway p and r not running. Brislington p and r running to Redcliff Way only.

These are the normal First Bus services, no news on the football special buses yet

So we now have to factor in a thousand or so cars of run spectators also in the AG area heading for the P&R - not their fault and I`m not having a dig at them as they have every right to follow their sport as I have to follow mine - but BCC deserve their arses kicked..

I`m beginning to wonder if it`s even worth the hassle of going to the game at all if we`re safe by then. Do I want to drive up from Devon and spend as long trying to get to AG and park as it takes me to get to Bristol on the motorway.

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So we now have to factor in a thousand or so cars of run spectators also in the AG area heading for the P&R - not their fault and I`m not having a dig at them as they have every right to follow their sport as I have to follow mine - but BCC deserve their arses kicked..

I`m beginning to wonder if it`s even worth the hassle of going to the game at all if we`re safe by then. Do I want to drive up from Devon and spend as long trying to get to AG and park as it takes me to get to Bristol on the motorway.

exactly what I'm thinking absolute disgrace from our useless council again....why the **** don't they move it to the Saturday or sunday after

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Worth pointing out the 10k starts between 09:30 and 09:54, therefore assuming an average run time of about 1 hour most will actually be looking to head away from teh city centre 10:30-11:00 and so going in the opposite direction.  T

Just now, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Worth pointing out the 10k starts between 09:30 and 09:54, therefore assuming an average run time of about 1 hour most will actually be looking to head away from teh city centre 10:30-11:00 and so going in the opposite direction.  T

Not quite so bad then but the problem with Long Ashton is the same but in reverse - a lot of run spectators will have got back there by 11ish on the buses and will be leaving to go home.

23 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

As mentioned in the other thread, they didn't. The council did. Believe me they and various others tried to get the 10k rearranged. The council refused.

NB: Bristol City Council ..... Every Gaff You Make ..... we'll be watching you.

(the video's sentiments are just as valid regarding local politics & councils today as they were then .. remember we are watching .. we voted you in -we can vote you out!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFrvr7EB66g

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not quite so bad then but the problem with Long Ashton is the same but in reverse - a lot of run spectators will have got back there by 11ish on the buses and will be leaving to go home.

on the "run" website runners and their families are being encouraged to stay on in the harbour area have lunch and "enjoy the city" .....so they'll all be taking to the roads around 2pm - same time as we will be (attempting) to leave AG!

The road closures remain up to 4pm

Just now, CodeRed said:

on the "run" website runners and their families are being encouraged to stay on in the harbour area have lunch and "enjoy the city" .....so they'll all be taking to the roads around 2pm - same time as we will be (attempting) to leave AG!

The road closures remain up to 4pm

The other factor of course is the weather. If it`s a nice day then people will be keen to stick around but if it`s lashing it down maybe less so.

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Drive to Worle and get the train to Parson St and back, saves the hassle of parking around AG

Archived