IGNORED

Birmingham Fans On The Pitch At Rotherham

EnclosureSurge

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

If there's anything riding on the game, for us, Brum or both, there's a decent chance it'll be on the telly depending on the situation elsewhere. We won't know that until the last week though, and obviously the kick-off time will stay the same regardless. 

I`m not sure if they have a dedicated live game on the last day. I think they have a studio show with cameras at all the grounds and just go there if anything important happens.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

So we now have to factor in a thousand or so cars of run spectators also in the AG area heading for the P&R - not their fault and I`m not having a dig at them as they have every right to follow their sport as I have to follow mine - but BCC deserve their arses kicked..

I`m beginning to wonder if it`s even worth the hassle of going to the game at all if we`re safe by then. Do I want to drive up from Devon and spend as long trying to get to AG and park as it takes me to get to Bristol on the motorway.

Maybe get off the M5 at 21 and go through Congresbury etc? That gives you the option of staying on the A370 or heading up onto A38 and coming in on Winterstoke Rd. 

Just now, RED4LIFE said:

Maybe get off the M5 at 21 and go through Congresbury etc? That gives you the option of staying on the A370 or heading up onto A38 and coming in on Winterstoke Rd. 

We quite often do that when the M5 is chocca with caravans early season but it just seems to take an age to get into Bristol that way - too many 30 limits I reckon.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not sure if they have a dedicated live game on the last day. I think they have a studio show with cameras at all the grounds and just go there if anything important happens.

They usually have 2 games on, but show the goals from elsewhere as they go in.

1 hour ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Worth pointing out the 10k starts between 09:30 and 09:54, therefore assuming an average run time of about 1 hour most will actually be looking to head away from teh city centre 10:30-11:00 and so going in the opposite direction.  T

As a runner, unfortunately not that simple.

The starts are graded and those who have estimated a faster finish time go earlier, so the first (9:30) wave will all expect to be done by about 10:20/10:40 when through the village at latest.

The issue is that 10ks attract a lot of first time and fun runners - by nature of that they're slower - and also, start later. The last batch will go off about 10, and will expect to finish at 11.20 at the earliest, and probably in some cases past 12. That'll also be the majority of those on family days out.

Sorry, it's screwed all morning and until past kick off...

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The starts are graded and those who have estimated a faster finish time go earlier, so the first (9:30) wave will all expect to be done by about 10:20/10:40 when through the village at latest.

The issue is that 10ks attract a lot of first time and fun runners - by nature of that they're slower - and also, start later. The last batch will go off about 10, and will expect to finish at 11.20 at the earliest, and probably in some cases past 12. That'll also be the majority of those on family days out.

correct, as I posted in this thread - the road closures are until 4pm

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I accept the road closures will be in place and the various crowds - my point was at least the arrival of the football fans won't coincide with the arrival of the runners.  In fact, it is likely at least some runners will be leaving by the time city fans start to arrive.  

Archived