IGNORED

The Official Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Tbf 4 points ahead with 9 available is a position most would have given their right arm for around 3-4 weeks ago.

That tells us nothing. I would have been delighted to go 3-3 against Derby before that game, but I was fuming that we were 3-0 up at half-time!!

If we don't beat Barnsley than that will be a massive kick up the arse to Blackburn's morale whether they beat Wolves or not. My nerves would rather have Villa at home than Brighton away to contend with.

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread but how many did we take up there today?

An attendance of 14,000 reflects pretty badly on Blackburn - I know they are protesting their owners but this was a huge game for them.

Edited by WessexPest
10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can see the final day being messy - I can see Birmingham facing the drop 

Hmmmmmmm

That is the nighmare scenario! 

Of course at one level today was a chance to finish it, and on another day maybe we would have got the second. Did not happen, but we held on. Barnsley's away form is pretty decent, would rather Bham had beaten Burton, but it is what it is. Who knows how it may play out, Brighton could already be confirmed champions by the time we go there and may all be nursing hangovers!

Still work to do, but do not think any of our players will feel today was easy!

Edited by cityexile
Just now, sephjnr said:

That tells us nothing. I would have been delighted to go 3-3 against Derby before that game, but I was fuming that we were 3-0 up at half-time!!

If we don't beat Barnsley than that will be a massive kick up the arse to Blackburn's morale whether they beat Wolves or not. My nerves would rather have Villa at home than Brighton away to contend with.

What I know is since being bummed 5-0 at Preston we've picked up 7 points out of 9, not good enough for some maybe but I would have taken it if offered. It is up to us to beat Barnsley, which we would have expected to be the case weeks ago anyway. Can't see a negative keeping the gap to 4 points with other sides below us.

• Like 1

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.
Still think it will finish as it is now though.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Barnsley (H) Sat 22nd April

Brighton (A) Sat 29th April

Birmingham (H) Sun 7th May

BIRMINGHAM 47 points (GD -21)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

Huddersfield (H) Sat 29th April

City (A) Sun 7th May

FOREST (45 points) (GD-12)

Reading (H) Sat 22nd April

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

BLACKBURN (41 points) (GD-16)

Wolves (A) Sat 22nd April

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Brentford (A) Sun 7th May

• Like 1
Just now, 1960maaan said:

Looking a lot healthier than a few weeks ago, think I'd be twitching a bit if I was drum or Forest.

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

City (A) Sun 7th May

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

And Burton are still right in it as well!!

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

City (A) Sun 7th May

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

I can see Brum dropping out 

CITY (48 points) (GD-7)

Villa (A) Sun 23rd April

City (A) Sun 7th May

QPR (A) Sat 29th April

Ipswich (H) Sun 7th May

Villa (H) Sat 29th April

Can't see Blackburn getting more than 1 point out of that lot.

• Like 2
Just now, Numero Uno said:

What I know is since being bummed 5-0 at Preston we've picked up 7 points out of 9, not good enough for some maybe but I would have taken it if offered. It is up to us to beat Barnsley, which we would have expected to be the case weeks ago anyway. Can't see a negative keeping the gap to 4 points with other sides below us.

I think it has to be good enough for anyone, do the over a season and we'd be where Brighton are now. 
We technically need 2 wins from 3, but that is if everyone wins all their games and that aint gonna happen. I would think 4 points are plenty, well enough anyway.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm glad it's gone this way - if Bham don't win their next two games regardless of how we do, we can finish above them if we beat them on the last day of the season.

Still lots of perms, but for me would rather it was not a 'do or die' last day shoot out. 

14 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

No, we haven't. It's still 4pts, and it's only gone from 4pts with 15 available to 4pts with 9 left. And I would be far more comfortable needing to get the job done vs Barnsley at the Gate in front of our white-hot crowd, than vs Brighton at their place with their white-hot crowd.

Brighton will have the title wrapped up by the time we play them. Obviously still tough but they will have nothing to play for might even play the fringe players.

Just now, 54-46 said:

I can see Brum dropping out 

It would mean Blackburn getting 4 points and Birmingham 0, or every 1 Brum get Blackburn have to get 4 more (Isee I forgot to change B'burns total). I just can't see it.
To be honest I won't care as long as we get safe soon. 

The gap is effectively 5 points thanks to our goal difference. 

I wouldn't like to test my theory, but I think we now have the necessary points to stay up. 

Also, got to remember that we are not the only team within Blackburn's striking distance. Think they will be looking more at Forest and Birmingham than us now.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Can't see a negative keeping the gap to 4 points with other sides below us.

It should have been 7. It was going to be 7. Until we did the Bristol City thing again.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it has to be good enough for anyone, do the over a season and we'd be where Brighton are now. 

See above and contemplate how insane what you've just said sounds.

As a team what have BCFC collectively learned? Most of the horrors between October and February were decided on a single goal. As was today. Don't concentrate on the IFs, take a look at what we have - a team that's gone from fodder to a threat in a few weeks but needs to be ruthless in far shorter time. The BS at the back has to stop. It's had to stop all season.

Edited by sephjnr
1 minute ago, Super said:

Brighton will have the title wrapped up by the time we play them. Obviously still tough but they will have nothing to play for might even play the fringe players.

Didn't city have it wrapped up when Walsall played us on the last day?  8-2 was it?

• Like 1
Just now, sephjnr said:

See above and contemplate how insane what you've just said sounds.

As a team what have BCFC collectively learned?

If you take it as a statement about our season, yes.My reply was about people not being happy with 7 points from 9.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It would mean Blackburn getting 4 points and Birmingham 0, or every 1 Brum get Blackburn have to get 4 more (Isee I forgot to change B'burns total). I just can't see it.
To be honest I won't care as long as we get safe soon. 

I don't think they will pick up another point and Blackburn and Forest will sneak a win each to do it