IGNORED

Next week

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Makes sense then I suppose, I'm quite looking forward to it as we get closer to the weekend. 

Rascal ; Go easy on us though - we need three points badly on Saturday in order to calm the nerves! ;-)

Can't be needing owt from our last game of the season!

On 18/04/2017 at 20:25, Rascal said:

I'm just a fat un fit bastard, by time I got to top of that mountain carrying 8 cans of Budweiser and a couple of sandwiches, I was chewing on my lungs. 

should try cider lighter, and eat the sandwiches as you walk lightens the load :-)

36 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Yes it is, at the bottom of Palmyra Hill :facepalm:

I have walked to the luckwell from many directions and not once have I thought the route was steep. I guess just like pain people have different tolerances.

6 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I have walked to the luckwell from many directions and not once have I thought the route was steep. I guess just like pain people have different tolerances.

To be fair to the "normal" person, Palmyra Hill would be classed as steep.

There was a Luckwell Club at the bottom of Chessel Street but that's gone now. The Luckwell Pub is still there. It is at the bottom of Palmyra Road, which is well steep. Being an ex-Bemmie boy you wouldn't want to cycle up it. The Barnsley boy was right all along.

On 18/04/2017 at 20:36, Rascal said:

No thanks, I'm a more sat on my fat arse watching others doing sport kind of a bloke. I once over heard my old man telling someone in the boozer, that only way he could get me to do regular exercise is if he moved my fridge to the end of the street, he then went to say, but knowing him he'd probably get a taxi there and back, I think he summed me up quite nicely to be honest. 

What kind of sport do you watch Rascal? Is it the kind with a bloke trying to get a round thing into the corner of a metal frame thing shaped a bit like a bed whilst absailing down a cliff?

Enjoy your visit to Bristol, apart from the game obviously.

On 20/04/2017 at 23:07, freezer said:

There was a Luckwell Club at the bottom of Chessel Street but that's gone now. The Luckwell Pub is still there. It is at the bottom of Palmyra Road, which is well steep. Being an ex-Bemmie boy you wouldn't want to cycle up it. The Barnsley boy was right all along.

sat eating humble pie , but still didn't think it was that steep, sure there are steeper in Bristol.

Archived