IGNORED

LJs 'way of playing'...starting at last to see it?

cityexile

One of my real issues with LJ over the season was a complete inability to see how he was trying to get us to play.

Are we at last starting to see it? A couple of really nice passing moves leading to goals in the last few games. Passing the ball around, players moving, waiting for the killer ball, then 'bam'.

Yes, still fragile when teams throw everything at us, but sounds like we should have been out of sight today, carving open chances in a game when we were allowed to be nervous. Certainly was better than against Wigan or Rotherham.

A bit of light?

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

One of my real issues with LJ over the season was a complete inability to see how he was trying to get us to play.

Are we at last starting to see it? A couple of really nice passing moves leading to goals in the last few games. Passing the ball around, players moving, waiting for the killer ball, then 'bam'.

Yes, still fragile when teams throw everything at us, but sounds like we should have been out of sight today, carving open chances in a game when we were allowed to be nervous. Certainly was better than against Wigan or Rotherham.

A bit of light?

The main improvement has been Junior seemingly worked out which players are first choice. The last 7 points have been by using the same starting 11.

That's not co-incidence imv.

Also apart from Bailey Wright, for goalkeeper, defence & central midfield, 6 out of 7 have been from the League 1 winning team. 

Looks like we have gone full circle to end up back at 4-4-2 with a majority of players who are in at least their third season with us. In fact on that basis, the additional starting players can't have cost much over £2M at most.

Does seriously make you wonder about the money spent and the return on that, plus what we do for next season.

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Also apart from Bailey Wright, for goalkeeper, defence & central midfield, 6 out of 7 have been from the League 1 winning team. 

Looks like we have gone full circle to end up back at 4-4-2 with a majority of players who are in at least their third season with us. In fact on that basis, the additional starting players can't have cost much over £2M at most.

Does seriously make you wonder about the money spent and the return on that, plus what we do for next season.

Only if you have chosen to forget/ignore that the majority of those signed were with future seasons in mind, rather than immediate impact.

The only failure in terms of signings was the Matthews loan. Tomlin has been disappointing, but that's about all.

5 hours ago, cityexile said:

A bit of light?

LJ is the luckiest manager in the history of the game... quite possibly not entirely a rubbish statement. 

5 hours ago, paulcityfan said:

No.  I can't agree.  I got shot down for daring to suggest Jamie McAllisters introduction was the catalyst for this change in approach.  Certainly no coincidence for me, thats when it started albeit wth a couple of blips at Preston and Brentford

Possibly this. Two up front has seemingly made all the difference.. as others on this thread have said and many more; not exactly rocket science but to LJ it has been. 

What is it with short managers this season in the Championship? At least one of them had the decency to resign.

Archived