IGNORED

Harry Redknapp - New Birmingham Boss - Cotts his Assistant !!

BobBobSuperBob

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

So we have no experience (apart from this shocking season) Lee Johnson and no experience (apart from the youth) Jamie McAllister in our dug out and Brum have Redknapp and Cotterill.... just when I thought our Championship status was looking better!

'Experienced' Holloway was in the QPR dugout on Friday but we still won!

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Spike said:

So we have no experience (apart from this shocking season) Lee Johnson and no experience (apart from the youth) Jamie McAllister in our dug out and Brum have Redknapp and Cotterill.... just when I thought our Championship status was looking better!

Not sure Harry is going to be the magician you think

Meeting with Harry Redknapp in London.....

Owners: We need someone to keep us up.

Harry: Yeah, it's not impossible. I think that 3 points will be enough to keep Birmingham up. What are your remaining fixtures?

Owners: Villa, Huddersfield and Bristol City.

Harry: Can't realistically see us getting anything against Villa, and Huddersfield are still in the mix, so the best chance of picking up 3 points will be against Bristol City. Steve Cotterill is out of work at the moment and he knows Bristol City inside out and the strengths and weaknesses of their squad. I will get him onboard to specifically target the game at Bristol. Any points we pick up between now and then will be a bonus, but if it comes down to them or us I think Cotts will know what needs to be done to beat Bristol.

Owners: Are you sure Steve Cotterill will join you?

Harry: Yeah, he didn't leave on the best of terms with the Chairman to be fair, especially after taking them up, and he told me that there is unfinished business at Bristol, so I will give him a ring and I am sure that he will jump at the opportunity to be honest?

Owners: Okay Harry. The job is yours.

Harry: Great. I will give Cotts a ring now.

Was interesting watching fans being asked their opinion of HR as their new manager.

1; "He'll keep us up this year and get us into the Premiership next year,. Which was the complete opposite of;

2; "It's a good appointment, but it's too late, we are going down".

20 hours ago, 29AR said:

Is it just me in whom the name Harry Redknapp doesn't inspire fear? He's a long time out of the game, a long time out of this division and doesn't have the transfer window he usually relies upon. Most importantly nor does he have the 5 or 6 squad players he relies upon to keep him the dressing room - his defoe's, crouch, krancjar etc.

He's not committed to more than the end of the season (yet). I'm not sure how much he'll know about Brum, how much he'll know about each player, how much he'll know about this league and how to man-manage and handle their players. Frankly this stinks a bit of a marquee without much substance; Zola-esque

Three games and no opportunity to bring in over aged, over paid players to help him out.

I think the appointment if SC is to give him the guidance of the championship and potentially in particular us.

Huge game for them Sunday, big local derby, new manager, can see then getting a result.

Survival is in our own hands, we should pick up enough points to stay up regardless of what other teams do

• Admin

So WORST case scenario

BARNSLEY - Will they raise their game to get one back at LJ?

BRIGHTON - They'll be celebtrating the title / promotion and either play with such freedom they destroy us, or their minds are on their holidays

BIRMINGHAM - Cotterill can stick a massive "Up yours" to all those that got him out a City

Just now, phantom said:

So WORST case scenario

BRIGHTON - They'll be celebtrating the title / promotion and either play with such freedom they destroy us, or their minds are on their holidays

BIRMINGHAM - Cotterill can stick a massive "Up yours" to all those that got him out a City

Don't Phant :blink:

Just don't !!!

As a City fan you just know that's possible !!!  :crying:

1 hour ago, phantom said:

So WORST case scenario

To counteract this, ying to your yang maybe,

BARNSLEY - We've played them since, they must be happy and over LJ by now, many were thankful we took him. No need for them to get back at him. We are at home, had some excellent results there recently, no reason why we can't do it.

BRIGHTON - Promotion done and dusted, they might have an even bigger points gap over Newcastle by then so get the flip flops out. Last home game so think about the after party and minds elsewhere while we nick a draw. 

BIRMINGHAM - Buoyed by our last two results we can outsmart Harry & Cotts as their results haven't been as expected. As I wrote above they were unemployed for a reason, they maybe a good partnership but with only 3 games to lift a shattered team they have struggled. 

I'll put my handful of straws down now

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

BARNSLEY - We've played them since, they must be happy and over LJ by now, many were thankful we took him. No need for them to get back at him. We are at home, had some excellent results there recently, no reason why we can't do it.

BRIGHTON - Promotion done and dusted, they might have an even bigger points gap over Newcastle by then so get the flip flops out. Last home game so think about the after party and minds elsewhere while we nick a draw. 

BIRMINGHAM - Buoyed by our last two results we can outsmart Harry & Cotts as their results haven't been as expected. As I wrote above they were unemployed for a reason, they maybe a good partnership but with only 3 games to lift a shattered team they have struggled. 

I like the cut of your gib young RedM , is It Primark ? 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't think ( hope ) Blackburn will get 5 more points.

Archived