IGNORED

Alcohol in stands and officious stewards

Nongazeuse

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Being firm with people can often be mistaken for being rude by some.

Some people accept being told they can't do something whilst others resent it.

Understand what you're saying. I don't think I know you but how do you handle someone yelling at you when you don't know you've done anything wrong? I don't go a bundle on volume tbh.

36 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Understand what you're saying. I don't think I know you but how do you handle someone yelling at you when you don't know you've done anything wrong? I don't go a bundle on volume tbh.

Where I sit, the bloke next to me has to shout at me to get himself heard above the noise from the PA System......so God knows how loud a steward would have to be whilst informing me I was doing something not allowed.

Lets face it the Stewards have to take a lot of crap by people taking alcohol into the stands, I know they should be polite but I'm sure many have tried to take the piss in the past and this really isn't a new thing is it?

I would imagine that these were the only two people in the last ten years who didn't know the rules.

Much as I think the Stewards can be a bit narky (Respect to the guy at Brentford though, he was class) they have a job to do and I would expect anyone to know you cant take booze into the stands.

Should have been stopped at the steps and then wouldn't have been an issue.

I do wonder how much this has been blown out of proportion though considering the person commenting didn't witness it, maybe they wanted an icecream on the way home?

54 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Where I sit, the bloke next to me has to shout at me to get himself heard above the noise from the PA System......so God knows how loud a steward would have to be whilst informing me I was doing something not allowed.

I'd pay good money to switch off the PA completely in the dolman.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Re-read the thread and one more observations.

Rules being what they are, why wasn't there a steward posted on the voms? Usually there is one on each and such a situation could have been avoided politely there and then.

Maybe there was and the drinks were concealed.......That's as conceivable as the steward just being a knob.

Any report from one side in a disagreement is going to differ from the other side's.

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

They have that problem up the minimal swamp, but I don't think it's because of the PA system...

Having read through this, I am surprised that those concerned were able to get booze pitch side, whenever I have been to games, regardless of venue. there has always been a steward to politely remind me that I can't take my cider into the stand when approaching the steps, don't see what the fuss is. The stewards are normally on minimum wage and are trying to do what they have been asked to do, which bluntly can sometimes be a difficult job when the beer has been at play for a while.

Archived