IGNORED

Its Earth day on Saturday,which means use public transport

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I usally catch the train so as to enjoy a few shandys but there have  been no frigging trains from Bath for the last 3 weekends :grr::grr:

Fire up the Jag old boy and ask your other half to drive that one in case the P5B fails to start after the match.. Two V8's always better than one I always feel. The 4.6 Litre V8 ZTT I had was a peach. They only made 21.

jag.jpeg.10a91f9376bcc68a40ce11397b11180c.jpeg

After all, beauty and economizing is essentially an oxymoron in anything I can think of.

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Not sure which one to pollute the atmosphere with this weekend to be honest .Black or White.?Screenshot_20170421-144528.thumb.jpg.159f25e9a8db4ad61080a41c6dfbf5b2.jpg

You will arrive in half the time compared to a Citroen Picasso with about 50% less omissions.. so I reckon its broadly neutral. Not to mention the smile on your face during and after the journey.

p.s. I just made that 50% difference up for effect.

Just now, havanatopia said:

You will arrive in half the time compared to a Citroen Picasso with about 50% less omissions.. so I reckon its broadly neutral. Not to mention the smile on your face during and after the journey.

p.s. I just made that 50% difference up for effect.

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Not sure which one to pollute the atmosphere with this weekend to be honest .Black or White.?Screenshot_20170421-144528.thumb.jpg.159f25e9a8db4ad61080a41c6dfbf5b2.jpg

Mustang fastback for me .......... 65?

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

At least you have trains HR. Dr Beeching would appear not to have liked Somerset very much. 

Name me another area with four close-by towns and a population of over 50,000 without a train link. :ranting:

North Devon is equally poorly served.

Saw a brilliant programme on Beeching a few years ago on BBC Four saying (surprise, surprise) what a total stitch up the whole thing was, as in particular numerous West Country towns and villages were visited by his inspectors and the passenger figures for their stations were then misleadingly reported as far lower than reality and they were all shut.

Loads of Welsh towns and villages however were spared because their MPs blocked anything happening there, which probably explains why my mother-in-law who lives in a tiny village in Pembrokeshire that unbelievably still has not only a rail line but it's own station..

Just now, GrahamC said:

Saw a brilliant programme on Beeching a few years ago on BBC Four saying (surprise, surprise) what a total stitch up the whole thing was, as in particular numerous West Country towns and villages were visited by his inspectors and the passenger figures for their stations were then misleadingly reported as far lower than reality and they were all shut.

Loads of Welsh towns and villages however were spared because their MPs blocked anything happening there, which probably explains why my mother-in-law who lives in a tiny village in Pembrokeshire that unbelievably still has not only a rail line but it's own station..

Infuriating isn't it.

A friend of mine lives in this village called Flitwick which is a good hour drive north of London and they get London-bound services every half hour, every day of the week.

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Was that the one presented by Ian Hislop? he didn`t mince his words in it. I know what you mean about North Devon too - nearest stations to me, Crediton 28 miles, Barnstaple 40 miles, Gunnislake 20 miles, Exeter 26 miles.

Mind you, if they ever do re-open the inland route via Okehampton I`m in clover!

For all those eco-warriors like me out there.

Friday 21st April 2017 was the first day ever no coal was burnt to produce electricity in the U.K.

Having said that, a few days ago there was a report that all the

wind turbines,sea wave plants and solar panels etc were producing so many power

the National grid had to refuse to accept the electricity.

Its a funny old World,

sorry Earth.

For those from the Yate/Bristol Parkway aerial cost £6:20p return

13:11 Yate
13:20Bristol Parkway
13:23Filton Abbey Wood
13:28Stapleton Road
13:30Lawrence Hill
13:35 Bristol Temple Meads ARRIVE

CHANGE TRAINS

13:56Bristol Temple Meads DEPART

14:00 Parson Street ARRIVE

MARCH THE REST OF THE WAY

16 hours ago, reddoh said:

Only pick your fights with your loved one when you really care about the outcome, was looking at paving slabs the other day , what colour would you like she asks, don't give a f thinks I , wanders off to look at other things wife shouts after me walk back get taken out to look at more paving slabs , which slabs she asks? which are cheapest I say , don't like them she responds , oh which do you want says I , these she says (second most expensive)  , OK says I thinking is there some paint I can watch dry. but when I do care I get my own way (not very often but that's probably why I am still married ).

I don't recall us looking at paving slabs recently, but apart from that I think I'm married to you. What do you want for your tea tonight?

49 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't recall us looking at paving slabs recently, but apart from that I think I'm married to you. What do you want for your tea tonight?

If we win today Steak and Chips, If we lose the cat after I have tenderised it. If we draw lets have a takeaway Indian or Chinese? and can you please make sure my slippers are by my chair.

13 hours ago, reddoh said:

If we win today Steak and Chips, If we lose the cat after I have tenderised it. If we draw lets have a takeaway Indian or Chinese? and can you please make sure my slippers are by my chair.

Was Duck not steak but was nice although I am sure @RedM would have also cooked the cat purrfectly ps @RedM you can count your lucky stars you are not married too me :-)

Archived