IGNORED

Average Attendance (Merged)

JasonM88

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Good example of what happens to the atmosphere in the stadium, when the numbers are increased of the more fanatical away followings. It happens when City are on their travels. Unfortunately, some of our more vociferous supporters don't actually hear the effect on the rest of the stadium, because they're trying to out sing the opposition.

Our ground and the whole experience has improved as a result of the redevelopment, we don't want to discourage more home support by, allowing those noisy northerners more tickets, or south coasters.

Well said.

Ridiculous to consider offering one of the largest away allocations in the division.

The club should be concentrating it's efforts on trying to fill 90% of AG with Bristol City fans.

21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well said.

Ridiculous to consider offering one of the largest away allocations in the division.

The club should be concentrating it's efforts on trying to fill 90% of AG with Bristol City fans.

If/when we ever have 20k season ticket holders, then I'll agree with you. 

Until then, sell every possible Atyeo seat to away fans. 

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If/when we ever have 20k season ticket holders, then I'll agree with you. 

Until then, sell every possible Atyeo seat to away fans. 

Exactly. If a big club like Villa or Sunderland can sell the 4k allocation, and the demand for home tickets isn't there, then I see no reason why the away team shouldn't get the full allocation. 

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:07, Tiree said:

So lets get into some decent maths/averages; and some perspective of how few the blue few are; Take any period you like.

Ok you like the period we have had SL as chairman/owner/super fan etc? say 2002? we averaged 11,889 which included a victorious FLTrophy win in Cardiff beating Carlise. Not a bad year for us with decent crowds and the Gas averaged 6,934.

In the last 3 years (Max Gas potential) where they have exceeded their dreams and hit their peak from which they will retrace their steps into League 2 or non league which is their 'average' league in this period and their averages have been 8,096, 6,793 and 6,420.

This puts our discussion on this thread about, 18k, 19k, 20k, and 22k next season into some perspective. You can see why Gas spit blood at the mere mention of our CLub, our stadium and our owner.

It's a good time for Bristol Football - Over 19,000 will be City's highest average attendance since 1979, around 9,300 Rovers highest since 1976.  Yeah you get more (well done, round of applause) but the fact that both clubs are attracting their biggest crowds for 40 years can only be good news!  

4 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

It's a good time for Bristol Football - Over 19,000 will be City's highest average attendance since 1979, around 9,300 Rovers highest since 1976.  Yeah you get more (well done, round of applause) but the fact that both clubs are attracting their biggest crowds for 40 years can only be good news!  

"Yeah you get more".

Bit of an understatement. We get approx 10,000 more, every game. More than double your average.

#MindTheGap

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Yeah you get more".

Bit of an understatement. We get approx 10,000 more, every game. More than double your average.

#MindTheGap

Congrats! But anyway - as I was saying - the highest average crowds for 40 years at both clubs is fantastic news.  I'm glad you're enjoying your new facilities at the Gate, I'm enjoying my football down the Mem too, even if it is a tired old stadium.  

Its all good, win-win, both teams attracting more people than ever before than in all my years as a fan! 

5 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Congrats! But anyway - as I was saying - the highest average crowds for 40 years at both clubs is fantastic news.  I'm glad you're enjoying your new facilities at the Gate, I'm enjoying my football down the Mem too, even if it is a tired old stadium.  

Its all good, win-win, both teams attracting more people than ever before than in all my years as a fan! 

I wonder if it's the biggest gap in average crowds between the clubs in 40 years...?

10 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Just proves you really have been tinpot for many years.

27 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Are you saying that the Mighty Bristol Rovers haven't averaged a 5 figure home attendance since the mid 70's...?! 

1 hour ago, DancinDannyD said:

When your momentum stops for a couple of years ill be interested to see what crowds you would get. Assuming of course you are still at the mem.

Archived