IGNORED

Ideal results before we KO tomorrow

old_eastender

I'd actually like to see Blackburn win by a single goal tomorrow, whilst Brum lose to Huddersfield (making us 100% safe) and Forest beat QPR. That way Brum would have to beat us to avoid the drop and even if they did it could see QPR going down. 

I'd much rather Blackburn survived and one of Brum or QPR drop. I see Blackburn as likely to be struggling again next season, whereas Brum and especially QPR (who have 2 more seasons of parachute payments to come) are likely to be much more of a threat to us.

I'm not bothered who ends up going down but I really hope Brum desperately need a result at our place. Would add a juicy edge to the fixture with 2500 Brummies biting their nails and 20,000+ of us gunning for them! A loss for them coupled by a single goal win for Villa would do nicely.. And ideally Newcastle will drop points at Brighton tonight so they are already champions before tomorrow.

I work with a Villa fan and he says they are so desperate for Brum to go down that a large number of their fans will be supporting Blackburn tomorrow!

I'd find Brum or QPR being relegated more amusing, but I'd also rather have fixtures against them next season than Vs Blackburn. 

Beating Brum but them staying up by default of a late defeat for Blackburn would make make for a dramatic final game. 

As others have said any combination that makes us mathematically safe suits me, so if Blackburn don't win that is it.

Should they do so then a QPR win would also virtually guarantee it, as Forest would then only be able to reach 51 points and would by definition have an even worse goal difference..

This is assuming a narrow defeat at Brighton, of course.

The first result I'll look for tomorrow will be Blackburn. They're the only team that could catch us but only with two wins and two City defeats.

Citys goal difference is essentially another point so we are 99% safe. 

I would like to Forest go down buts unfortunately  that's unlikely.

I really don't care who goes down so long as it's not us .

Blackburn , Brum and QPR are basket case clubs and deserve relegation for their ridiculous management of their respective clubs .

I hope Burton stay up now as they've battled over and above the call of duty and I take my titfer off to them .

Here's to mathematical safety Saturday so that the more anxious of our supporters can enjoy the last week of the season.

I'm hoping Blackburn go down.  Venky's are awful and deserve it.  Also, QPR staying up means an easy to get to London game for me next season, which would be nice given that Brighton are up and Fulham could go as well.

Are you hoping for a Newcastle win tonight or do we want them to lose (albeit to Cardiff) so that Brighton are hungover tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm hoping Blackburn go down.  Venky's are awful and deserve it.  Also, QPR staying up means an easy to get to London game for me next season, which would be nice given that Brighton are up and Fulham could go as well.

Are you hoping for a Newcastle win tonight or do we want them to lose (albeit to Cardiff) so that Brighton are hungover tomorrow?

I hope Cardiff win and we have to give Brighton a guard of honour tomorrow.

Just now, Super said:

I hope Cardiff win and we have to give Brighton a guard of honour tomorrow.

Thinking about it I'm hoping for the same.  If Newcastle lose tonight then we get a Brighton team who don't really care, we get a real party atmosphere in the Amex, and get to do the guard of honour as you say.  It will also make me feel a little better about that god awful bonfire night game at our place.

Do we know if they would be presented with the trophy tomorrow or is it always saved for the final game of the season?

53 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm not bothered who ends up going down but I really hope Brum desperately need a result at our place. Would add a juicy edge to the fixture with 2500 Brummies biting their nails and 20,000+ of us gunning for them! A loss for them coupled by a single goal win for Villa would do nicely.. And ideally Newcastle will drop points at Brighton tonight so they are already champions before tomorrow.

I work with a Villa fan and he says they are so desperate for Brum to go down that a large number of their fans will be supporting Blackburn tomorrow!

Yeah saw this on the Villa forum.

When it comes down to it I can't see it happening.

Villa going in front with a 20yarder into the top corner, fans going mental. If this was City in the same situation would you then be cheering Blackburn on for an equaliser?

Got to be nigh on impossible to while at a City game to cheer on the opposition!!!

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thinking about it I'm hoping for the same.  If Newcastle lose tonight then we get a Brighton team who don't really care, we get a real party atmosphere in the Amex, and get to do the guard of honour as you say.  It will also make me feel a little better about that god awful bonfire night game at our place.

Do we know if they would be presented with the trophy tomorrow or is it always saved for the final game of the season?

I assume that if they know before KO tomorrow that Brighton are champions then they'll have the presentation then, as it's their last home game. 

A guard of honour and watching them get the trophy wouldn't be a bad thing. LJ can use it as a motivational tool, show them that's the level they need to aspire to, etc.

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Brighton have asked fans not to invade the pitch as it will jeopardise the possibility of having the trophy presented on the night.

56 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

I want Birmingham to go down. Will serve their owners right for making such a flabbergasting decision to get rid of rowett!

Forest should be safe - don't want them going down always a cracking day out up there 

"Flabbergasting" is an excellent word and deserves to be used more often on the forum - e g after nearly every match City have played this season. 

I want Blackburn to go down.

With Sunderland, Middlesbrough and possibly Hull coming down......then Sheffield Utd, Bolton and possibly Fleetwood coming up, that will save a little bit on next year's mileage.

Swansea might beat Hull to the final drop place, so that will help too.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I really don't care who goes down so long as it's not us .

Blackburn , Brum and QPR are basket case clubs and deserve relegation for their ridiculous management of their respective clubs .

I hope Burton stay up now as they've battled over and above the call of duty and I take my titfer off to them .

Here's to mathematical safety Saturday so that the more anxious of our supporters can enjoy the last week of the season.

I wouldn't mind Brum staying up tbf. Not bothered by 'Arry, I want Cotts to do well and another quick trip up the road next season. Plus another two Brum v Villa derbies. Watch Adam Thurston's groundhop at VP on YouTube and you'll see what I mean...

Ideally, I want Blackburn down. The Venky's are really something else. Ruined the club. 

I also wouldn't mind QPR to go down as it would be a smack in the gob for Skeletor and he'd have to play against his beloved Gas. How confusing for him? But if they stay up, he's got another 2 games guaranteed of stick coming in his direction (assuming he remains as manager of course...)

20 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I wouldn't mind Brum staying up tbf. Not bothered by 'Arry, I want Cotts to do well and another quick trip up the road next season. Plus another two Brum v Villa derbies. Watch Adam Thurston's groundhop at VP on YouTube and you'll see what I mean...

Ideally, I want Blackburn down. The Venky's are really something else. Ruined the club. 

I also wouldn't mind QPR to go down as it would be a smack in the gob for Skeletor and he'd have to play against his beloved Gas. How confusing for him? But if they stay up, he's got another 2 games guaranteed of stick coming in his direction (assuming he remains as manager of course...)

Another relegation on that ****'s CV is always welcome! 

33 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

It would give him the chance to wax lyrical at how the Mem has improved beyond all recognition with the additions of the canopy and tents....

Just now, glynriley said:

It would give him the chance to wax lyrical at how the Mem has improved beyond all recognition with the additions of the canopy and tents....

If the Atyeo is "crap", what's he gonna say about the Mem? 

He won't say bugger all. Why? Because he knows that if he comments on the state of the Mem, his comment about the Atyeo will come back and bite him on his arse.

Archived