IGNORED

Time to Eat

BobBobSuperBob

Well, I for one, am very relieved. Apart from a minor blip after the Preston game, I've cosisitently sought to keep faith with LJ. Now we can prepare for a new season, and all that it can throw at us with the experience of this season behind us, Hopefully Johnson will have learnt his lessons, and deepened his understanding of how to motivate his team, and we can kick on and progress up the table to future glory.

I will take a slice.  But I want might mine served with the following   #vegetables

#JohnPemboTatoes 

#LeeTomlinonions

#AdamMarrows

#GustavEndive

#LukeFreemung (beans)

A very rich dish. Lacking in substance.

Looking forward to desert

#TammyPies ha ha... Google it!!

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/pictures/tammy+Pies

Cant buy me love, The Beatles. Money helps but is no garanti for sucsess. Aston Villa bought Fulham striker, Kodjia and many more, mid table. They spent a lot of money. Reading, Hudds, Fulham, Preston etc. Think many of us Cityfans was, is to optimistic when the season started. This leauge is difficault. One step at the time. Next season maybe top ten. We shown that we can be good, try to avoid the long dips. 8 defeats in row, usch usch, not next season please. Our position when it ends is reality. When we have the answer think its realistic. Was far to optimistic with top six. In the beginning we had luck and scored late goals. We played not so good but the points came in. All and all Im happy that we finished strong and play in this leauge next season. Coyr!!!

2 hours ago, MRSATAN said:

No pie for me thankyou

yes it's great we survived but I find it astonishing people find that acceptable after our manager has spent more than any manager before him and we just "survived"

not acceptable imo,time for a change and don't forget how bad we were,just had a mini revival is all

If ever there was time for a change this is not it, are you being serious or is this a wind up? The team are playing well, as a team at the moment, hopefully we can carry on next season in the same way, I really can't see why you want a change of coach at the moment, and I suspect deep down, neither can you.

And as far as that bad run...there is a saying,

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. 

23 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , I thought we were doomed from Xmas up to Huddersfield and then after Preston

So glad I was wrong

Well done LJ and those players who proved trustworthy :clap:

Ive just had a big slice 

Anyone care to join me and partake in celebration ?

IMG_1034.JPG

I'll join you bob . Thought he should of gone after Fulham and it was a shocking run we went on . We are however playing some lovely football at the moment so well done for turning it round LJ . It was very enjoyable being at the game yesterday and even better when we walked back into the pub we were drinking before the game and a big hug from the geordie landlord :drunk2:

Jury still out for me.

Mid season form can only be blamed on LJ's lack of proper management skills - no manager of any organisation can bring in constant changes that don't work - in my belief changes that had more to do with personal feelings than tactics - and then publicly blame the victims of his flawed decisions!

As for staying up - brilliant! Whatever happened let's have more of it in the future! 

He has turned it around because we were bombing fast and shambolic for a big chunk of the season. More importantly I am happy we have secured our Championship status and he deserves credit for the turn around.

He needs to continue next season what has been instilled in recent weeks, steady progress, cohesion. I hope to god we have seen the end to the tombola transfer dealings, team selections and tactics which showed his inexperience. 

We have now eventually got to a shape and core of a team that looks commited, settled and something positive to build from. The summer transfer business and form until Xmas will be make or break for me. I am still not convinced but prepared to wipe the slate clean if he can prove has learnt from the mistakes from the past. We all want the club to be successful I genuinely hope he can be the man to deliver it but won't defend the undefendable which at times this season was the case.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

He has turned it around because we were bombing fast and shambolic for a big chunk of the season. More importantly I am happy we have secured our Championship status and he deserves credit for the turn around.

He needs to continue next season what has been instilled in recent weeks, steady progress, cohesion. I hope to god we have seen the end to the tombola transfer dealings, team selections and tactics which showed his inexperience. 

We have now eventually got to a shape and core of a team that looks commited, settled and something positive to build from. The summer transfer business and form until Xmas will be make or break for me. I am still not convinced but prepared to wipe the slate clean if he can prove has learnt from the mistakes from the past. We all want the club to be successful I genuinely hope he can be the man to deliver it but won't defend the undefendable which at times this season was the case.

That core could be ripped out if Sats man of the match leaves with Tammy, even if when one of them leaves it will leave a chasm to fill; I think we will lose millions of pounds worth of players (at least 1/2 dozen first teamers) and we will struggle to find their equals. We have taken a few steps forward but that wont mean squat if we take six backwards.

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 19:32, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , I thought we were doomed from Xmas up to Huddersfield and then after Preston

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Fair play I'm due a Gert slice of that.

Good responses guys. Nice to see so much honesty

The best thing we can do ourselves is tell eveeyone who hasnt got a ticket for the Brum came to come along and help the club feel totally loved, players Lj and all Management 

Maybe the club can sell Sheep Pie and some Humble Pies on Sunday for a deal?

Always good to ask your customers to spend their money and with us all staying in the Stadium for a while after. Will be interesting to see what the incomes are like for the day.

I get your point in your OP @BobBobSuperBob but I think you're doing yourself a disservice.

i think, you, me, many others have called what we've seen throughout the season. We don't always call it right, but we call it as we see it.

I'm not eating humble pie, pleased as I am that we've survived there have been a lot of mistakes (and good things too), but we aren't there yet, and Lee still has to improve.  That's not me being bitter and twisted, I never wanted him to fail. I never wanted the team to lose to oust him.  I just wanted the best for the club.  At the point in time, when we were doing badly (results-wise), there was sign that all was not well, and we looked in serious trouble.

For all we know, this could be a mini-run that starts another middle-season run at the start of next season.  I hope not, and I've consistently said I hope Lee has learned.  If he has, then we can be optimistic that we've turned a corner, and the future is promising....but let's not think promotion run.  This division can be brutal, as we know.

I do think Lee will have identified the types of player he can get the best out of, and those that will disrupt either his plans, beliefs, agenda or the players, their unity etc.  We need that close-knit group again of previous seasons (Cotterill and Johnson senior).  That's the DNA we need.  That doesn't mean younger players, look at how Wilbs and Wade complimented the young squad under Cotterill.

Onwards and upwards.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I get your point in your OP @BobBobSuperBob but I think you're doing yourself a disservice.

i think, you, me, many others have called what we've seen throughout the season. We don't always call it right, but we call it as we see it.

I'm not eating humble pie, pleased as I am that we've survived there have been a lot of mistakes (and good things too), but we aren't there yet, and Lee still has to improve.  That's not me being bitter and twisted, I never wanted him to fail. I never wanted the team to lose to oust him.  I just wanted the best for the club.  At the point in time, when we were doing badly (results-wise), there was sign that all was not well, and we looked in serious trouble.

For all we know, this could be a mini-run that starts another middle-season run at the start of next season.  I hope not, and I've consistently said I hope Lee has learned.  If he has, then we can be optimistic that we've turned a corner, and the future is promising....but let's not think promotion run.  This division can be brutal, as we know.

I do think Lee will have identified the types of player he can get the best out of, and those that will disrupt either his plans, beliefs, agenda or the players, their unity etc.  We need that close-knit group again of previous seasons (Cotterill and Johnson senior).  That's the DNA we need.  That doesn't mean younger players, look at how Wilbs and Wade complimented the young squad under Cotterill.

Onwards and upwards.

I thought we were destined for the drop Dave - I was wrong - Have no problem admitting so ;)

Why we suddenly woke up - I'm really not sure 

As for LJ , as I've put in some other posts , still have major concerns , there have been obvious and glaring errors but I do get a smell that the errors run past him as well and without knowing exactly how / what / who it's difficult to fully assess him in isolation

Ive put my judgements on hold and will await what the summer and the first couple of months of next season bring

Just bloody relieved we survived the drop - think it would have been a big backward step at this moment

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

That core could be ripped out if Sats man of the match leaves with Tammy, even if when one of them leaves it will leave a chasm to fill; I think we will lose millions of pounds worth of players (at least 1/2 dozen first teamers) and we will struggle to find their equals. We have taken a few steps forward but that wont mean squat if we take six backwards.

Good to see you looking on the bright side as always... 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Onwards and upwards.

I don't get involved in all the 'haters ' vs 'happy clappers' nonsense. On balance I came down on the pro LJ side but I don't think anyone who took the opposite view honestly and objectively without abusing LJ or other posters needs to eat humble pie.

On 4/29/2017 at 19:32, BobBobSuperBob said:

So glad I was wrong

Ive just had a big slice 

IMG_1034.JPG

Piece for me as well, not a great LJ fan but we are safe, perhaps the corner has been turned and SL keeping him will prove to other clubs ( dare we say Brum et al) that consistently sacking managers gets you nowhere. Hope Lee gets some superb signings in the summer and I can watch in my new seat ( albeit in the same block) next season COYR

Far too soon to pass final judgement on LJ.  Hope he has now finally learnt some lessons about management and takes us up the league next year.

Many of us Remain anxious about the Bristol Sport concept and SL's antediluvian approach to management and governance.  OK we aren't going to go on about it especially as the team have done fantastically to avoid the drop, but we shan't be changing our mind about BS in a hurry, and that is because long term we remain fearful.  Won't post again on this as all has been said and the two camps will never agree, but so as those quite happy with BS don't think we have gone quiet because we have survived as a team I thought I would post one final time before the inevitable crisis of our governance hits down the road at some future undetermined point.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Onwards and upwards.

Have to agree Dave that LJ still has quite a bit to do to get confidence back among a lot of the fans . But he has turned around enough to get us out of the mire and with a bit of a swagger as well so fair play for that. What's changed ? JM coming in maybe ? lets just hope he can irradiate the losing runs , and my major bugbear slagging players off in public. 

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Good to see you looking on the bright side as always... 

So what? Tammy is going to shun prem interest flint will ignore a fat wage from Villa or the like and we will keep our team that beat Brighton fully intact? good to see your head buried in the sand...as always.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

So what? Tammy is going to shun prem interest flint will ignore a fat wage from Villa or the like and we will keep our team that beat Brighton fully intact? good to see your head buried in the sand...as always.

Whatever. 

Anyway, I thought you were finished with the club while the Lansdowns and Johnson are involved? 

On 29 April 2017 at 19:53, 1bristolcity said:

You miserable shit. Just what is your Plan B, I would love to know.  

Thanks babe, love you too, how's the double dose of pmt!

Plan B would be not leave it til the penultimate game of the season to become mathematically safe, hardly what I'd call a success or value for money for SL or us fans is it.

We all want him to do well as that means city do well,, it's just that not all of us are convinced just YET.

I will eat humble pie, I wanted Johnson gone before Xmas and thought we were doomed, wether the turnaround is due to him or not he has to take the credit as he was given the abuse, hopefully we won't be calling for his head next season and we have a successful season

Archived