IGNORED

Birminghams next Full Time manager-SC

asfred

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Blues is too big a job for SC...huge expectations from their fans if they stay in the championship

Good thing it's nothing like that here! :whistle::)

23 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Let's face facts, SC was trying to bring in players that would of definitely taken us to the next level. As it is we are still treading water. 

SC was trying to bring in players who would not  come here.

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Good thing it's nothing like that here! :whistle::)

I think the expectations of most Bristol City fans I know is our club being a mid table second tier side. That's our 'expectation' but our 'hope' is a lot different!

I think Brum fans have higher 'expectations' given their recent history, they beat Arsenal in a cup final not so long ago and they 'expect' to be in the premier league or at least challenging strongly for promotion to the top tier. I don't think SC can provide that....

15 minutes ago, downendcity said:

SC was trying to bring in players who would not  come here.

Of course but that won't stop someone saying he was scuppered by that nasty old board ;)

Andre Gray opted for Burnley as in his words, there was a better opportunity playing in the PL with Burnley than us. Fair comment#

It was far too ambitious to run before we could walk in the Championship, why would players opt to play for a club only just promoted to the Championship? There are variables to consider here for those players.

Sheffield Wednesday turned down an 'ambitious' offer from City over Tom Lees as well.

Hull quickly dismissed Citys offer for Harry Maguire.

I get the ambition but if people truly believe that the players are just gonna play for City, a newly promoted club from L1 they are in dreamland quite frankly. I guess the whole Board scuppering the deals with unsubstantiated rumours makes them feel a little better. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3155422/Bristol-City-ambitious-2m-offer-Sheffield-Wednesday-defender-Tom-Lees.html

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-city-reject-bristol-city-bid-harry-maguire/story-26820710-detail/story.html

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No love lost between SC/SL/LJ so could be tasty.

Flint to Brum in the summer if SC is there?

I can't see them splashing the cash as he's contracted until 2020, id also find it a very strange move from Flint. 

11 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Of course but that won't stop someone saying he was scuppered by that nasty old board ;)

Andre Gray opted for Burnley as in his words, there was a better opportunity playing in the PL with Burnley than us. Fair comment#

It was far too ambitious to run before we could walk in the Championship, why would players opt to play for a club only just promoted to the Championship? There are variables to consider here for those players.

Sheffield Wednesday turned down an 'ambitious' offer from City over Tom Lees as well.

Hull quickly dismissed Citys offer for Harry Maguire.

I get the ambition but if people truly believe that the players are just gonna play for City, a newly promoted club from L1 they are in dreamland quite frankly. I guess the whole Board scuppering the deals with unsubstantiated rumours makes them feel a little better. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3155422/Bristol-City-ambitious-2m-offer-Sheffield-Wednesday-defender-Tom-Lees.html

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-city-reject-bristol-city-bid-harry-maguire/story-26820710-detail/story.html

We didn't bid for Tom Lees or Harry Maguire. Both were made up by their agents to help them get a move. We asked if Maguire was potentially available for loan, had no contact about Lees. Daily Mail articles don't mean anything.

Cotterill was was bent over by the board. Jamie Murphy & Matt Smith were done deals, but Jon Lansdown pulled the plug on Smith and said a loan would be a better option. Murphy's agent never had a date set to come and see anyone from the board to talk contract terms once we had a bid accepted. There were a few more but the above two were the biggest two **** ups that were above Cotts' head. Kermogant was left too late to sign to help bed in Kodjia. 

Hence why we got to the end of summer and panicked signing Callum Robinson and Ryan Fredericks, players that were not even on our list, let alone bottom of it.

Gray was going to come down for talks but then, again, was leaked by Brentford for a bidding war. I'd have picked Burnley too in his shoes. Gayle was a stupid idea to begin with.

The fact that the Lansdowns sacked him hours after doing a pre match press conference because he was 'too negative to the internal media team' show that they were just waiting for a reason to get him out however they could. 

Can you imagine them doing that with LJ.....? Me neither. 

Just now, petehinton said:

We didn't bid for Tom Lees or Harry Maguire. Both were made up by their agents to help them get a move. We asked if Maguire was potentially available for loan, had no contact about Lees. Daily Mail articles don't mean anything.

Cotterill was was bent over by the board. Jamie Murphy & Matt Smith were done deals, but Jon Lansdown pulled the plug on Smith and said a loan would be a better option. Murphy's agent never had a date set to come and see anyone from the board to talk contract terms once we had a bid accepted. There were a few more but the above two were the biggest two **** ups that were above Cotts' head. Kermogant was left too late to sign to help bed in Kodjia. 

Hence why we got to the end of summer and panicked signing Callum Robinson and Ryan Fredericks, players that were not even on our list, let alone bottom of it.

Gray was going to come down for talks but then, again, was leaked by Brentford for a bidding war. I'd have picked Burnley too in his shoes. Gayle was a stupid idea to begin with.

The fact that the Lansdowns sacked him hours after doing a pre match press conference because he was 'too negative to the internal media team' show that they were just waiting for a reason to get him out however they could. 

Can you imagine them doing that with LJ.....? Me neither. 

Just to point out that the Harry Maguire one was the Hull Daily Mail not the actual Daily Mail

Archived