IGNORED

Diving

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Video reviews is the answer.

It's the only way. Give them a yellow card or a 1 match ban , if the panel sees it as a dive. You won't be able to change the result of the game but it would make them think if they did it again. Its always the players trailing leg that cons the ref. 

4 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

It's the only way. Give them a yellow card or a 1 match ban , if the panel sees it as a dive. You won't be able to change the result of the game but it would make them think if they did it again. Its always the players trailing leg that cons the ref. 

And if it was a yellow card make that count at the start of their next match i.e they kick off and already have a yellow card so if they cheat again they`re off.

Don't see it as a problem with video refs for Penalties. There shouldn't be any more delay than there is now with players arguing as to whether it is a penalty or not. The game has already stopped, so it's not as though it's holding up play.  

9 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

After watching MOTD last night and seeing 3 penalties given for diving. Surely the league have to start taking action, or is it just awful refereeing.

I thought the Harry Kane one was a penalty, but the other two were just awful examples of players cheating. Rashford's was appalling for a youngster and his rolling around pretending to be injured after was just embarrassing....a panel of experts giving retrospective decisions may stop it....I think a five game ban and a £100k fine for cheating may have a chance of working. 

And after Sanchez's laughable acting when the throw in hit his shoulder against Leicester in midweek, he obviously deliberately handled a cross in the box vs Spurs and then makes a big play of indicating to the ref, the Spurs players and the crowd that it 'hit him in the chest' - it's just embarrassing, don't they realise that with the number of cameras in the ground they will get shown up for being the over-paid, over-hyped show ponies that a lot of them are....

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought the Harry Kane one was a penalty, but the other two were just awful examples of players cheating. Rashford's was appalling for a youngster and his rolling around pretending to be injured after was just embarrassing....a panel of experts giving retrospective decisions may stop it....I think a five game ban and a £100k fine for cheating may have a chance of working. 

And after Sanchez's laughable acting when the throw in hit his shoulder against Leicester in midweek, he obviously deliberately handled a cross in the box vs Spurs and then makes a big play of indicating to the ref, the Spurs players and the crowd that it 'hit him in the chest' - it's just embarrassing, don't they realise that with the number of cameras in the ground they will get shown up for being the over-paid, over-hyped show ponies that a lot of them are....

His was a penalty but he left a trailing leg for a more dramatic fall. He didn't need to do that , as he already won the penalty.

Just now, kiwicolin said:

His was a penalty but he left a trailing leg for a more dramatic fall. He didn't need to do that , as he already won the penalty.

You're right, the players must practice how to instigate contact that wouldn't have otherwise happened....it's becoming a fine art, and then there's the 'trick' of tripping yourself up to win a pen, like the clown from Reading did to us this season...

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Retrospective 4 match bans and £50k fines will sort the likes of Rashford and Sane out. Out of pocket, no win bonus for a month. Money talks.

I think this is the way forward.

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

I've got no doubt that as technology improves, video assistance to the ref will take place - dare I say it, linesmen will disappear.

There will always be a ref though because there has to be someone that the players can have a whinge at and break things up - mind you, if there was a tooled up Robo-ref, maybe there would be less arguments and bit less cheating.

I don't mind if the decisions are instant like goal line. But I also know there is an element of reluctance in the FA to expand further. Hawk -eye could actually do offside decisions already (with tags on players shorts) but there is no desire from powers that be to look at this at the moment.

10 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Retrospective 4 match bans and £50k fines will sort the likes of Rashford and Sane out. Out of pocket, no win bonus for a month. Money talks.

It's frustrating as it's this easy to sort.,give  the divers a long ban and the problem would be sorted almost overnight 

It's really pathetic at the moment, and what's even more worrying is the way a few feckless pundits have got today's fans believing it's ok to throw yourself on the floor every time someone even gets near to clipping you.  Contact does not automatically mean foul.

The way players are carrying on now is making the game less and less watchable.  The only way to stop it is large retrospective bans - 5-10 matches but sadly it won't happen because the FA are bollockless.

Ideally Rashford and Sane would both be banned for five games minimum - and the bans should apply in Europe and to internationals too.  Let's see how often players cheat in the closing stages of a season when they potentially miss a cup final or international tournament.

Yes it was a foul on Kane but he should also have been booked for simulation after he exaggerated the contact with the second flick of his leg and if we were banning divers properly he'd have tried to beat the player instead of hoofing it off the pitch and "buying" (what a ridiculous notion) a foul.  I know what I'd rather watch.

10 hours ago, Nibor said:

It's really pathetic at the moment, and what's even more worrying is the way a few feckless pundits have got today's fans believing it's ok to throw yourself on the floor every time someone even gets near to clipping you.  Contact does not automatically mean foul.

The way players are carrying on now is making the game less and less watchable.  The only way to stop it is large retrospective bans - 5-10 matches but sadly it won't happen because the FA are bollockless.

Ideally Rashford and Sane would both be banned for five games minimum - and the bans should apply in Europe and to internationals too.  Let's see how often players cheat in the closing stages of a season when they potentially miss a cup final or international tournament.

Yes it was a foul on Kane but he should also have been booked for simulation after he exaggerated the contact with the second flick of his leg and if we were banning divers properly he'd have tried to beat the player instead of hoofing it off the pitch and "buying" (what a ridiculous notion) a foul.  I know what I'd rather watch.

Totally agree with this

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:19, CotswoldRed said:

Would be helpful if clubs, or even managers, were also punished for it. That extra incentive to kick it out. 

Maybe a couple of dives and the manager sits in the stands for a game. 

There's no doubt that clubs are happy for their players to dive. 

Sometimes its like they practice it in training!

Archived