IGNORED

Taylor Moore

internetjef

Is there a thread on him and how he has been getting on out on loan? I had a quick search but couldn't find one. If so mods please merge

Would be interested to know whether he will be back and genuinely able to compete for either centreback, or perhaps more usefully rightback?

Although i think he said he was a centreback when he arrived, i think i read he has featured mainly at right back on loan??

Could save ourselves a signing if he can come back and excel there.

Anyone got any idea?

I think he'll be used a squad player since he is very versatile and can fill in for many different positions. Judging by what I have seen of him in a City shirt, I think he'd a be good right back. I think his strongest position is centre-half through.

He's mainly been playing as a right wing-back at Bury, and their fans seem to think that that's not his strongest position. I would like him to have had more of a chance to prove himself at CB but he's gotten a full season's experience of English football under his belt now which is a plus. 

8 minutes ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

He's mainly been playing as a right wing-back at Bury, and their fans seem to think that that's not his strongest position. I would like him to have had more of a chance to prove himself at CB but he's gotten a full season's experience of English football under his belt now which is a plus. 

And playing men's football.

I don't rate TM at right back myself. Having seen him play it a few times for us, it seemed that he wasn't quick enough and wingers saw through this immediately. He would get caught up the pitch quite easily too. I hope he can be developed as a CB, since playing him in too many positions during his development may just make him a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

I don't rate TM at right back myself. Having seen him play it a few times for us, it seemed that he wasn't quick enough and wingers saw through this immediately. He would get caught up the pitch quite easily too. I hope he can be developed as a CB, since playing him in too many positions during his development may just make him a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

That's down to youth and inexperience and yet you don't rate him...............:facepalm:

He'll be much better having been out on loan and playing proper football.

Just now, Robbored said:

That's down to youth and inexperience and yet you don't rate him...............:facepalm:

He'll be much better having been out on loan and playing proper football.

I'm not denying that he still has a lot of developing to do, it's just this seems to happen a lot in the development of younger English players. Look at players such as Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil Jones. We play them in multiple roles throughout their youth and think 'oh wow, this is great, look how many he can do! This kid is going to be great!' when after a few years even his manager doesn't know where to play him. Taylor's favoured position is centre back, this has been said numerous times. He needs a loan to a team that will actually play him at CB and develop him there. It's nice to know that his time playing RWB has developed him at Bury but something has gone seriously wrong if we end up playing him there.

Problem is that we don't seem to have space for another CB in our squad. I think Magnusson is more than ready at this level but can't get a game. He is wasting away on the bench. We don't want to do the same to TM.

I realise we need cover and it is a really difficult situation. Having quality young players as cover that never play so don't develop. If we loan them out it has to be for at least half a season so you risk having no cover if you get injuries. Very tricky and I'm not sure what the answer is now the one-month loan system has been scrapped.

27 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I'm not denying that he still has a lot of developing to do, it's just this seems to happen a lot in the development of younger English players. Look at players such as Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil Jones. We play them in multiple roles throughout their youth and think 'oh wow, this is great, look how many he can do! This kid is going to be great!' when after a few years even his manager doesn't know where to play him. Taylor's favoured position is centre back, this has been said numerous times. He needs a loan to a team that will actually play him at CB and develop him there. It's nice to know that his time playing RWB has developed him at Bury but something has gone seriously wrong if we end up playing him there.

on the other hand look at Dele Alli. Karl Robinson purposefully played him all over the pitch, even a right back a few time, to give him experience and develop different areas of his play. Has worked perfectly and now he appears to understand the importance of helping out defending. 

Just now, JasonM88 said:

on the other hand look at Dele Alli. Karl Robinson purposefully played him all over the pitch, even a right back a few time, to give him experience and develop different areas of his play. Has worked perfectly and now he appears to understand the importance of helping out defending. 

That's fair enough, and works if it is purely a youth development exercise. My main concern is if Taylor gets into his early twenties and all we see is him still being played in all of these different positions not out of necessity for development, but rather to squeeze him into the side. The ambiguity that it creates can be felt by management and the fans- we only need to look at how Joe Bryan was during our bad spell to see the effect this can have. A player with no confidence who was getting put all over the pitch as even he didn't even know his best position is not conducive to a side who wants to be above a relegation fight.

The way I see it is if he's a CB he needs to be a CB, we've seen so many times what happens when you play a player in the wrong position and he doesn't take to it, wasted talent. If Taylor Moore is a CB we should be looking to loan him out as one with a condition that he plays a certain amount of games and they must be as CB, if the club wanting him cannot offer that then it's not the right move for Taylor or the club in question. We may not have space for another CB right now but the summer is coming, talks of Flint going are rife and we don't know who we'll have come next August. 

I think we should be looking to get him games as a CB, if he's struggling to play at RB in League One then he's hardly going to be a first team starter in the Championship there and ultimately we need Championship players. If Moore has the potential to be a Championship player as a CB then he needs to play there, if he doesn't have the potential to be a Championship player then we're already wasting our time. The club needs to start being a little more ruthless, players need to be developed to Championship standard or be sold on or released. If we keep League One players around then we'll not progress, it sounds cold but now is the time to start getting rid of dead weight.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

The way I see it is if he's a CB he needs to be a CB, we've seen so many times what happens when you play a player in the wrong position and he doesn't take to it, wasted talent. If Taylor Moore is a CB we should be looking to loan him out as one with a condition that he plays a certain amount of games and they must be as CB, if the club wanting him cannot offer that then it's not the right move for Taylor or the club in question. We may not have space for another CB right now but the summer is coming, talks of Flint going are rife and we don't know who we'll have come next August. 

I think we should be looking to get him games as a CB, if he's struggling to play at RB in League One then he's hardly going to be a first team starter in the Championship there and ultimately we need Championship players. If Moore has the potential to be a Championship player as a CB then he needs to play there, if he doesn't have the potential to be a Championship player then we're already wasting our time. The club needs to start being a little more ruthless, players need to be developed to Championship standard or be sold on or released. If we keep League One players around then we'll not progress, it sounds cold but now is the time to start getting rid of dead weight.

pretty sure hes started every game he's been fit for at bury.

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think he will be with us next season as a right back, maybe as back up to whoever we bring in with little moving on. He doesn't look big enough to be a centre half.

He's much bigger than Bailey Wright. He's probably a good 6'2 or 6'3. He's definitely a centre half and a very fast one at that. At right back he doesn't seem to be able to turn and move as quick. Not agile enough if you like, at least what I saw of him there. At CB he looked class against Hull. It was important to get him any game time in England and he got that. He needs to play at CB from now on though. Can do a job at RB but we've also got Vyner for that back up spot. 

39 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

pretty sure hes started every game he's been fit for at bury.

Yet the general opinion is that he's not up to scratch. The point is if he's not a good RB then we shouldn't be looking to develop him as one, especially when he's not up to scratch in that position and it's a league below the standard we're after.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yet the general opinion is that he's not up to scratch. The point is if he's not a good RB then we shouldn't be looking to develop him as one, especially when he's not up to scratch in that position and it's a league below the standard we're after.

Where've you got that from. Bury fans certainly seem to rate him

His opportunities next season will depend on who else we have here, eg would we sell Flint if a big bid came in knowing that we have Magnusson and Moore who can cover that position as well as Wright? In that scenario there would be opportunities for him. Looks like we may be after Jordan Spence which might indicate we'd let Little go depending on whether LJ thinks Vyner is good enough as a squad player in that position.

Archived