IGNORED

Similar to 2008

bristoldan19

Long time reader, fist time poster here :) with the season almost finished and a half decent mood around the place, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the current system and how similar it is to the way we played towards the end of our playoff season under GJ 

in 2008 we played a 442 with the Noble on the right of midfield drifting in allowing Orr to push on from full back and a natural winger in McIndoe on the left. With Carle being the playmaker and Elliott being bloody everywhere else! 

Move forward 9 years and it's Brownhill on the right and JP on the left, pack as the playmaker with KS covering! It worked back then and it's nice to see it working now.

Random first post, I know, but I didn't want it to be a boring Johnson in/out post! 

Welcome! And good to see the post is about City: when I saw the title I thought it was going to be about the level of household debt, a world economy sustained by borrowing and the risk of a financial crash!

All that, of course, pales into insignificance compared to Bristol City finding the successful formation, and hadn't thought of that before, but you're right! 

Wow it seems so long ago that season under GJ yet the government is still blaming our economic problems on the crash back then. Feels like yesterday in terms of the economy as things haven't changed that much. Hopefully City can get back in the playoffs quicker than the govt eliminates the budget deficit.

Archived