IGNORED

Well done Steve .. you called it right

ashton_fan

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

No wonder he's a Billionaire, I have it on good authority (despite a confidentiality clause and gagging order on Big Tone) that when the season started to look decidedly dodgy Steve played a masterstroke of commercial foresight.

Knowing the nerves that a few loses would cause he and LJ colluded to take us all on a real roller coaster of a few months and invested in buying out Big Tone's 'Squeaky Bum Oil' formula.. Tone did OK but Steve went on and made another small fortune, now THATS what I call business,  that's why he's rich and we've got greasy arses.  :) 

are you sure it wasn't the Major?

3 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

I understand your point, I misread your first post. I was saying that there is also the other end of the spectrum.

Scraping safety is a good call when he could've gone months ago? With our setup, squad etc I believe we'd be more similar to Cardiff etc than Blackburn etc

Well we're closer to Cardiff than we are Blackburn. :)

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ooh, umm, yeah well, erm ... The Major works for Big Tone ... not a lot of people know that!  :whistle2: 

must be a ménage à trois Dolly may or or may not be there 

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

Shusshh, there's no need to mention that... besides it only happens two or three times a year, usually in France, sometimes up by the Nothe Fort in Weymouth....:cool2:

I'm still waiting but sadly think I missed the boat, have too now hope there is an after life. Oh Bugger

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What we need to take inspiration / hope from is Huddersfield who finished a place below us last season 

Unforunately they have tended to buck the trend as it's more often a case of clubs like Forest etc who have struggled for a few seasons now

Not convinced by LJ at all yet but so difficult to tell what exactly has gone on this season and we do have some advantages and a potential about us that Forest etc just don't seem to have atm

Personally I'd be more than happy with some steady tangible progression and consistency next season with a comfortable mid table finish

Personally think the Championship is a far more enjoyable division to be in that the Prem Circus ever will be for clubs like ours

Agree with all of this Bob

the SBC is such a tough competitive division, mid table next season would be good progress imo.  Of course we'd all like to think that anything less than play offs should be viewed as failure but I personally don't think this is realistic.  Steady progress over the next two to three seasons will do for me

Archived