IGNORED

Matty Taylor - workrate - Brighton game.

brady bunch

Like it or not I feel Taylor is exactly the right team player we needed. I think Patterson is also a much better player with Taylor there.

For all the talk of Tomlin and who is and who isn't good enough for the Championship - I'd rather pay my money to watch Taylor put a full shift in than pay it to watch Tomlin running at 4 defenders and losing possession 4 out of 5 times, not tracking back and then being booked on a regular basis for petulance.  

Tomlin on his day has tremendous skill and can undoubtedly change a game - but there just haven't been enough Tomlin 'good' days and City just dont have the luxury of carrying a player in the hope he will show that spark. If Taylor can notch a few next season and we start to see more goals throughout the team then we wont need to recruit a 25 goal striker, a 15 goal striker and a successful attacking/scoring midfield could do the trick.

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

In rock/pop terms Matty is our Ringo Starr.

Unless you play the drums or are in a band, you might think he was the weak link in the band. However, he's actually a great drummer with solid timing and made interesting contributions both to the music and out of the studio. He was well liked by the other members who appreciated his input. So much so, the other 3 participated on his solo albums. Others might disagree saying there were far better drummers than him that could have made the Beatles even better. However, they didn't. Ringo was in every respect a fully fledged fab four.

Matty Ringo Taylor.....it has a ring to it. 

Does that make Engvall ........ Pete Best!

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

In rock/pop terms Matty is our Ringo Starr.

Unless you play the drums or are in a band, you might think he was the weak link in the band. However, he's actually a great drummer with solid timing and made interesting contributions both to the music and out of the studio. He was well liked by the other members who appreciated his input. So much so, the other 3 participated on his solo albums. Others might disagree saying there were far better drummers than him that could have made the Beatles even better. However, they didn't. Ringo was in every respect a fully fledged fab four.

Matty Ringo Taylor.....it has a ring to it. 

He's put the "Octopus Garden" behind him now then :facepalm:.

10 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks Ex-am. I'd heard that it was available on YouTube but had never seen his explanations. I'm a left handed drummer but play the kit set up for a left hander! 

I found the clip a couple of months ago. I thought it was really interesting, being left-handed (forced to be right), the back to front set-up of the kit etc. Explained a lot. Good old Ringo!

Archived