IGNORED

should never have been down there in the first place

where's the joy

so we all breath a sigh of relief but what a waste of a season. with the squad we had before the latest window we should have had enough to be mid table

with tammy's goals defence was always a problem by comparison; and yet we kept picking players who were consistently underperforming.

then we sign some new players and only one of them, wright, can secure a place 

some bonkers management.

i suppose the only positive is that no matter how many mistakes LJ makes he will be given enough time to put them right

so fair play to mr lansdown

but when you sell flint and don't replace his spirit and bulk i can't see magnusson or taylor moore replacing him. 

lets hope that lessons have been learnt about these mistakes and that a sustained winning mentality will pervade next year

I agree that this squad should've been challenging for the play offs, but I do think that Maggers and Moore are both up to it, but Bailey Wright will have to marahall the defence as our senior defender.

Will alao need someone to replace Tammy next season and that is a big ask.

I would also like to see a coyple of full backs, but the squad is already to big, so perhaps one or two may need to leave or go out on loan (with a recall clause of course).

8 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

so we all breath a sigh of relief but what a waste of a season. with the squad we had before the latest window we should have had enough to be mid table

with tammy's goals defence was always a problem by comparison; and yet we kept picking players who were consistently underperforming.

then we sign some new players and only one of them, wright, can secure a place 

some bonkers management.

i suppose the only positive is that no matter how many mistakes LJ makes he will be given enough time to put them right

so fair play to mr lansdown

but when you sell flint and don't replace his spirit and bulk i can't see magnusson or taylor moore replacing him. 

lets hope that lessons have been learnt about these mistakes and that a sustained winning mentality will pervade next year

You do realise that there are 23 other teams in the division, all trying to beat each other, most investing heavily and we aren't just going to get everything go our own way, yeah..?

Maggs has already played half a season in the league and played well so can easily slot in to cb role alongside wright. Wright would then need to take the role of Flint as the no nonsense, first to every ball defender. Moore would take more acclimatising but I'm sure is capable in the championship as a back up.

i think it is the best time to move Flint on due to his age and whilst his stock is high. That money could be put to very good use.

flint, rightly is a legend, and we can't get caught up in one player when we need to progress as a club on the whole.

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I agree that this squad should've been challenging for the play offs, but I do think that Maggers and Moore are both up to it, but Bailey Wright will have to marahall the defence as our senior defender.

Will alao need someone to replace Tammy next season and that is a big ask.

I would also like to see a coyple of full backs, but the squad is already to big, so perhaps one or two may need to leave or go out on loan (with a recall clause of course).

Disagree, the squad is nowhere near competing for the playoffs but also should never have been in a relegation scrap either

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do realise that there are 23 other teams in the division, all trying to beat each other, most investing heavily and we aren't just going to get everything go our own way, yeah..?

And you realise that at the current time 16 have done so better than us, yeah?

Archived