IGNORED

Interview with owner

Ivorguy

Lansdown said on Radio Bristol that they wouldn't overanalyse this season. 

Says it all about our amateur approach in my opinion.

i have been saying for a long time now we need an independent report on this season with recommendations for change.

Feeling let down - again

Just now, Ivorguy said:

i have been saying for a long time now we need an independent report on this season with recommendations for change.

Feeling let down - again

Well, we all know the only thing that would cheer you up Ivor don`t we, after all you`ve been banging on about it for long enough.

Sadly for you, it`s not going to happen and nor should it.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Feeling let down - again

Not over analysing is not the same as not analysing. However it does give the wrong message perhaps. More a case of the 'meh' culture that has often prevailed at AG imo. Let's face it that was very much the response when we were relegated so why would it be any different now?

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Feeling let down - again

No use dwelling on the past, move forward!

What worried me more was the interview with Ashton after. 

Lee Johnson says he wants a 'smaller, More tight knit squad'. This is after spunking millions upon millions on players who has said weren't ready to play championship football. 

So, essentially, we've just wasted a shit load of money, on players who LJ now suddenly wants to me move. After a really shit season. 

#progress

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

What worried me more was the interview with Ashton after. 

Lee Johnson says he wants a 'smaller, More tight knit squad'. This is after spunking millions upon millions on players who has said weren't ready to play championship football. 

So, essentially, we've just wasted a shit load of money, on players who LJ now suddenly wants to me move. After a really shit season. 

#progress

I read this as this season we stockpiled players ,fearing that with the change to the loan rules we might be caught short. We now feel that that policy wasn't the right one and prefer to have happier players who will get more game time than this season.

I think the club may opt for two or three new quality signings and use the U23's more in the event of injury or loss of form.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Get a grip lad, overanalysing is by definition analysing something TOO MUCH

True, but I don't believe that is what SL meant.  It will be a case of sweeping difficulties and failures under the carpet and just hoping things will improve without doing anything to achieve that outcome.

SL has shown very clearly this season that he doesn't like criticism either from fans or The Board.

We must prepare ourselves for another rough ride next season I fear.  How unnecessary all this seems.

Archived