IGNORED

Tomlin

Super

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

He may well be the most talented footballer in years at the Gate but the guy is totally overweight and unfit st this level . Why was he allowed to be signed in the summer.....did no one see the timber?

Not sure if its fitness  - or fitness alone - @Davefevs has summed it up for me above -  thinks he's too good for us and the players around him

Pack MOTM for me. Was he also announced as MOTM too. 

Adams caused our two CBs no end of problems. 

Funny old performance. Wound like to put it down to us not at 100% as safe already. But in fairness we've seen performances like that at points all season. 

To my mind he strikes me as actually a bit insecure. I suspect he needs lots of love to get the best out of him and the moment he feels he's not the top man he can't produce. Not really sure what the answer is as we're probably a better team (emphasis on team) without him unless he's on top form. Whatever happens I wonder if there's anybody at this level who would pay him what we are at the moment, even if we wanted to sell?

10 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

To my mind he strikes me as actually a bit insecure. I suspect he needs lots of love to get the best out of him and the moment he feels he's not the top man he can't produce. Not really sure what the answer is as we're probably a better team (emphasis on team) without him unless he's on top form. Whatever happens I wonder if there's anybody at this level who would pay him what we are at the moment, even if we wanted to sell?

Agree. Think it is a man management problem, and at that we are poor

Thought he created more in his limited time on the pitch today then anybody else had done previously. Always looking for the ball and trying different and surprising options. Couple today were outstanding cross field balls that released our wide players.Sometime they come off , sometimes they don't.

Will be very sad to see him leave , a game changer and a valuable squad plyer for me. Needs firm management and encouragement that perhaps he 's not got from LJ this season.

Just now, Marlborough Red said:

Thought he created more in his limited time on the pitch today then anybody else had done previously. Always looking for the ball and trying different and surprising options. Couple today were outstanding cross field balls that released our wide players.Sometime they come off , sometimes they don't.

Will be very sad to see him leave , a game changer and a valuable squad plyer for me. Needs firm management and encouragement that perhaps he 's not got from LJ this season.

Agree with first para - though I'd say it's not his passing that's an issue it's his non-passing , classic example on one occasion when he beat his marker, to be confronted by two Birmingham defenders - play a give and go ? ....,.., pass ? ...... no .... let's try and beat both of them and lose the ball .....

37 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Agree. Think it is a man management problem, and at that we are poor

Is Eddie Howe a poor man manager as well then? Plus various others?

If it was just a one off I'd be inclined to agree with you, but LJ wouldn't be the first manager to struggle to accommodate Tomlin and I'd hazard a guess that he won't be the last either 

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Is Eddie Howe a poor man manager as well then? Plus various others?

If it was just a one off I'd be inclined to agree with you, but LJ wouldn't be the first manager to struggle to accommodate Tomlin and I'd hazard a guess that he won't be the last either 

In which case it was hubris to sign him, we knew his record.

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

In which case it was hubris to sign him, we knew his record.

Exactly.  LJ obviously thought he could handle him, much in the same way that he thought he could take City into Europe in five years, that he only needed three transfer windows, and Bryan is a Premiership left back, etc etc

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

Slagging off Tomlin for his 25 minute cameo while the hopeless Joe Bryan gets away scot free, the idiocy of City fans never fail to amaze me

2 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Its like bryan is uncrtiticisable if that is a word......has been shocking pretty much all season

There's a thread on JB

Not really relevant to the thread but I see a lot of comments about his weight. If you see him shirtless on other players social media he's actually in good shape. He mentioned in an interview a few months back about his body shape making him look "fat". 

22 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Sums up Bristol City some were singing his name when he come on. :facepalm: he's done nothing the entire year and is probably the worst transfer in the history of the club when you consider wages and the fee not to mention all the fuss to get him here. Selfish and got to be about him. Brilliant last season and I wanted him here but he's shown his true colours and if we can get rid it won't be soon enough. 

An excellent free-kick v Villa to ensure 3 points.

A text-book, inch perfect assist for Marlon v Leeds (looks simple, but how many times do pro players mess the simple up?)

A clever, self-less assist for Tammy at Barnsley

A brilliant individual run and unselfish put-it-on-a-plate for Luke Freeman (even he couldn't miss) at Fulham.

Hit the bar v Derby with a brilliant volley/technique. Plus a (pointless) rabona! v Derby.

An outrageous, and high-risk, quickly taken free-kick just outside our box in the 89th minute after 89 minutes of fruitless toil v Blackburn, catching their defence off-balance as they retreated quickly, setting Wilbs away to score late winner with a deflected shot. 19 times out of 20 that would not have come off but this was a 1/20 moment....

A brilliant dribble and (deflected, I think, but anyway) shot to score v Hull. Gave a bored 16k half an hour of something-worth-watching, along with Tammy, when brought on, and a goal to cheer.

The penalty at home v Ipswich was important.

Won a pen and converted it home v Weds.

First goal at home v Huddersfield.

So, not quite "done nothing" but certainly, nowhere near enough for a record signing and the wages, etc. Massive disappointment and we can do without anymore disruption (if that's what has gone on) or "preciousness" next season. First and foremost, we need a team.

On 7 May 2017 at 16:16, Simon79 said:

Personally thought it was the correct substitution. We were crying out for someone who can make something happen, Tomlin is the obvious answer. Thought he tried to get on the ball as much as he could. It just didn't happen for him. Players like Tomlin do frustrate at times, but you have to accept their inadequacy's as well as their sheer brilliance at times. COYR

Agree with this. To be fair to Tomlin, if Brownhill had scored from Tomlin's pass as he should have done, we'd be talking about his assist having relegated Birmingham. 

Tomlin played some razor sharp, perfectly weighted passes one minute, then the next gave the ball away easily. Same as all the team, bar Flinty and Korey, just consistently, inconsistent. Going absolutely nowhere with this team/squad unless something major changes with players or management/coaches - or both. 

Taylor. Struth. Lightweight or what? 

On 2017-5-8 at 00:29, BITW said:

Not really relevant to the thread but I see a lot of comments about his weight. If you see him shirtless on other players social media he's actually in good shape. He mentioned in an interview a few months back about his body shape making him look "fat". 

Exactly.  He's stocky and barrel-chested rather than flabby. 

Despite Johnson's famous assertion, he can actually sprint when he wants to. Beat a defender to a 50/50 on Sunday.

Like Jet he chooses not to for much of the time. His game is based on watching where the gaps are and trying to exploit them.

17 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

An excellent free-kick v Villa to ensure 3 points.

A text-book, inch perfect assist for Marlon v Leeds (looks simple, but how many times do pro players mess the simple up?)

A clever, self-less assist for Tammy at Barnsley

A brilliant individual run and unselfish put-it-on-a-plate for Luke Freeman (even he couldn't miss) at Fulham.

Hit the bar v Derby with a brilliant volley/technique. Plus a (pointless) rabona! v Derby.

An outrageous, and high-risk, quickly taken free-kick just outside our box in the 89th minute after 89 minutes of fruitless toil v Blackburn, catching their defence off-balance as they retreated quickly, setting Wilbs away to score late winner with a deflected shot. 19 times out of 20 that would not have come off but this was a 1/20 moment....

A brilliant dribble and (deflected, I think, but anyway) shot to score v Hull. Gave a bored 16k half an hour of something-worth-watching, along with Tammy, when brought on, and a goal to cheer.

The penalty at home v Ipswich was important.

Won a pen and converted it home v Weds.

First goal at home v Huddersfield.

So, not quite "done nothing" but certainly, nowhere near enough for a record signing and the wages, etc. Massive disappointment and we can do without anymore disruption (if that's what has gone on) or "preciousness" next season. First and foremost, we need a team.

His pass for Tammys goal away at Wolves was amazing.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

His pass for Tammys goal away at Wolves was amazing.

Another to the list. Really, he and Tammy together, could/should've been amongst our best and most watchable forward pairings we have ever had. What a waste. Whoever is to blame.

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

Another to the list. Really, he and Tammy together, could/should've been amongst our best and most watchable forward pairings we have ever had. What a waste. Whoever is to blame.

Obviously Tomlin? He has under performed big time.

Archived