IGNORED

Marina Dolman

Tangle Foot

• Admin

Completely agree, always look at Marina as being club royalty.

Every time I have met her she is always so polite and has time for everyone, always seems to remember everyone she meets too.

Remember years ago going to a club event and got talking about life away from football. My partner at the time (now wife) was telling Marina how I had put off buying a property as I wanted to ensure I could afford our season tickets for the following season. Many times after that Marina would ask about house hunting and she was genuinely delighted when I advised her we'd bought a place 

A real credit to our club 

She just oozes with charm and grace, as been mentioned what I'd imagine Royalty should be. I've met her loads of times, usually after away games where she greats me like an old friend 'How are you my dear' she says, a quick chat and she wishes us a safe journey home and thanks us for being there, which is lovely.

At the last open top bus tour I was amongst the crowd walking alongside the bus on East Street.

The occupants were looking over the side, waving and smiling, and I had the chance to shout up at them individually.

"Well done Cotts!"

"Well done Korey!"

Then Marina Dolman looked down.

"WELL DONE MARINA!" :blink:

Not for that promotion necessarily, but thoroughly deserved for everything she's done for the club over the decades and being such a charming and stylish ambassador for BCFC.

And what a lovely beaming smile I got in return. :yes:

Over the years I have had a few meals in the corporate tables on match day.

Before or after the game she would go round to every table and have a little chat , really nice touch.

A week or so having won the JPT in 2015 I brought a table for my daughters birthday and after the match DaveL very kindly brought out the trophy and put it on our table so we could have of pictures taken with it. 

I have a couple of lovely pictures of my kids and Marina holding the JPT, really great day and lovely memories my kids will never forget.

An absolute diamond, everything that I hope this club embodies. There aren't too many genuinely kind people on this planet any more, yet she fits the bill. I'll always remember being shown her car when I went to my first game. Utmost respect for her, she deserves no less.

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great lady, has supported City since the 1960's.  And we would never have had our glory days without Harry (or his lovely stand which was state of the art at the time).

But why did she sell that lovely house in Chew Magna?

HD11 I think. Years ago, a friend of my was on the way to the Gate and, for a laugh, tried to thumb a lift from a Roller. Yes, it was, and he got his lift :o 

10 minutes ago, Northville Red said:

We've scaffolded her house a couple of times . Lovely curtious family . Tea biscuits and laughs a  plenty . 

It's not big and it's not clever to be randomly putting scaffolding up on elderly ladies houses. Bloody cowboys! ;) 

14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, I remember HD11 or Harry Dolman's 11 as we called it. I can remember also the pride in his face the night we were promoted to the top flight.

Remember it well. Marina has followed Harry's example at AG. We are lucky to have such a fine lady at our club

Archived