IGNORED

17th, 18th 19th 20th

cityred exile

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They've all got one thing common apart from us. A decent manager :laugh:

:nono: ....BOO!  cheap shot after a season of extremes and understandably high emotions ....

BUT .. We go with what we have again next season and we need to start with optimism, to start off on a downer will do no one any good except for helping rival clubs playing against us... Lets not start off doing half of their jobs for them.

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

Last season final  table finish !       Reading 17th , Bristol City18th , Huddersfield19th , Fulham 20th ,    WHO IS THE ODD ONE OUT ?           Maybe our turn next season :fingerscrossed::shifty:

Will it be the one who might not be the Championship next season..?

Then again, all 4 could be. 

26 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

He is learning

Once you lose the changing room 

It is VERY VERY difficult to regain it

He did regain it, and hopefully he has learnt from it

COYR 

Fair play, I've doubted LJ and been really p1ssed off with him

He deserves a fresh start - if it's an awful start he should go 

49 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

He is learning

Once you lose the changing room 

It is VERY VERY difficult to regain it

He did regain it, and hopefully he has learnt from it

COYR 

One thing I get fed up of hearing is this 'fake news' he lost the dressing room. What does this mean?

A player or two had the hump he's not selected ?  He's 'lost the dressing room' 

it's hollow words.  

LJ and the club have made mistakes for sure, and I look forward to hearing about what will take place to ensure we are bouncing around the bottom of the table next season, but 'losing dressing rooms' where does this come from ?

53 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Was there ever any evidence he lost it? 

A few of the performances I'd say, not least the Preston game in which Johnson himself admitted the players weren't putting in 100% effort. Quite a startling admission when you think about it seeing as though he'd been in charge for over a year by that point.

He also stated there were cliques within the squad and obviously was critical of various players throughout the season.

I don't know about the term 'losing the dressing room' but I think you'd have to be very naive to think it's been a happy one this season. The fault of that ultimately lies with the head coach whose principle job is to create a winning environment in which players are happy and give their all.

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A few of the performances I'd say, not least the Preston game in which Johnson himself admitted the players weren't putting in 100% effort. Quite a startling admission when you think about it seeing as though he'd been in charge for over a year by that point.

He also stated there were cliques within the squad and obviously was critical of various players throughout the season.

I don't know about the term 'losing the dressing room' but I think you'd have to be very naive to think it's been a happy one this season. The fault of that ultimately lies with the head coach whose principle job is to create a winning environment in which players are happy and give their all.

Seemed to do ok over the last 15 games. 

And the first 15 games. 

46 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Whether or not my manager is capable, if I want to be a **** at work, I could be. 

I wasn't at the PNE game but I've been to 23 at AG and I haven't seen much to suggest a team not playing for the manager.

Fulham is the only time that I can recall coming away thinking he might have lost the support of the squad. 

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

:nono: ....BOO!  cheap shot after a season of extremes and understandably high emotions ....

BUT .. We go with what we have again next season and we need to start with optimism, to start off on a downer will do no one any good except for helping rival clubs playing against us... Lets not start off doing half of their jobs for them.

It was a joke mate :disapointed2se:

9 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Last season final  table finish !       Reading 17th , Bristol City18th , Huddersfield19th , Fulham 20th ,    WHO IS THE ODD ONE OUT ?           Maybe our turn next season :fingerscrossed::shifty:

I've got everything crossed as well but without Tammy's goals where are we? I know where we would have been last season and it concerns the hell out of me for the next. We got lucky with him last season and it's unlikely a loan signing will be as successful again. Goals will need to come from elsewhere, so an important transfer window indeed. I hope Taylor can score a few early in the season to get his confidence up.

9 hours ago, Tiree said:

When will this Kid ever stop? Last season was Lj's first full one with us, having kept us up the previous year by bonding the dressing room.

Don't be absurd.

If there's one thing SC can never be criticised for it's the wonderful spirit he engendered in his squad. City were rightly famed for a unified and contented squad under him and it was clear for all to see.

Those friendships and a determination to give 100% for their respected manager and mentor remained intact even when the team was struggling badly for results. Many players were devastated when Cotts. left according to the father of one of the squad.

Lots of rumours of discontent, fallouts, and cliques under LJ, but whatever the truth of those, it's been obvious on a number of occasions that he has a very long way to go before even starting to compare his ability to bond his squad compared to that of SC.

Side thought; two of the three have the same manager as back then, while the other (Stam) was linked with Reading as early as late May due to them not having a full time manager.

I'm accepting rather than 'happy' that LJ is still our head coach, but I do acknowledge that he's done what is essentially the bare, bare minimum of keeping us in this league, and the owner backs him completely, so there is no choice but to hope he's learnt and we can actually progress next season, as this year we tred water in terms of what we achieved in my eyes (similar league position/points).

4 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I've got everything crossed as well but without Tammy's goals where are we? I know where we would have been last season and it concerns the hell out of me for the next. We got lucky with him last season and it's unlikely a loan signing will be as successful again. Goals will need to come from elsewhere, so an important transfer window indeed. I hope Taylor can score a few early in the season to get his confidence up.

We said the same a year ago when we thought Kodjia might leave.

As far as I am concerned LJ is in credit and has a clean slate in my view.

Make no mistake he is going nowhere especially after pulling it around with that end of season run and deserves our full support.

I am very much looking forward to this transfer window with much anticipation and recruitment and improvements are paramount given that this league has been made even more competitive with the likes of Sunderland, Middlesbrough & Sheff Utd.

I for one am really optimistic for next season.

Exciting times ahead.

37 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't be absurd.

If there's one thing SC can never be criticised for it's the wonderful spirit he engendered in his squad. City were rightly famed for a unified and contented squad under him and it was clear for all to see.

Those friendships and a determination to give 100% for their respected manager and mentor remained intact even when the team was struggling badly for results. Many players were devastated when Cotts. left according to the father of one of the squad.

Lots of rumours of discontent, fallouts, and cliques under LJ, but whatever the truth of those, it's been obvious on a number of occasions that he has a very long way to go before even starting to compare his ability to bond his squad compared to that of SC.

Beat me too it - One thing SCs squad had overflowing was a unique team spirit and bond , of the like that I've only ever seen once before (In 76 promotion side , tho with TCs side not far behind)

The usual nonsense from @Tiree 'kept us up. ......by bonding the dressing room'

Laughable & deluded

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Beat me too it - One thing SCs squad had overflowing was a unique team spirit and bond , of the like that I've only ever seen once before (In 76 promotion side , tho with TCs side not far behind)

The usual nonsense from @Tiree 'kept us up. ......by bonding the dressing room'

Laughable & deluded

The GJ promotion team had it in spades. How often did we nick a win through sheer determination and teamwork ? 

Archived