IGNORED

Leyton Orient

Spike

There have been a good few times this season I've been furious with Steve Lansdown and whilst I STILL think the man needs a footballing brain to help him makes the decisions having watched this video about Leyton Orient and what has happened to them this season it just goes to show our owner is a saint compared to many!

I'm still not convinced Lee Johnson is the man to take us forward, I'm still very much in the position where I feel Steve Lansdown needs some help with the running of the club when it comes to the footballing aspect as his business decisions speak for themselves and I still think we've got a long way to go but this one video made me realise how I should be thankful for the things we do have at this club.

I really feel for Leyton Orient and I honestly don't understand why Francesco Becchetti hasn't sold up and left?

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

There have been a good few times this season I've been furious with Steve Lansdown and whilst I STILL think the man needs a footballing brain to help him makes the decisions having watched this video about Leyton Orient and what has happened to them this season it just goes to show our owner is a saint compared to many!

I'm still not convinced Lee Johnson is the man to take us forward, I'm still very much in the position where I feel Steve Lansdown needs some help with the running of the club when it comes to the footballing aspect as his business decisions speak for themselves and I still think we've got a long way to go but this one video made me realise how I should be thankful for the things we do have at this club.

I really feel for Leyton Orient and I honestly don't understand why Francesco Becchetti hasn't sold up and left?

Reading between the lines and making 2 + 2 = 5 probably but if they go into admin which seems a distinct possibility they will be barred from the conference and I doubt they could survive any lower than that.

Walthamstow is the next part of London due for gentrification so Brisbane Road would be worth a lot more if it didn`t have a football club playing on it.

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Reading between the lines and making 2 + 2 = 5 probably but if they go into admin which seems a distinct possibility they will be barred from the conference and I doubt they could survive any lower than that.

Walthamstow is the next part of London due for gentrification so Brisbane Road would be worth a lot more if it didn`t have a football club playing on it.

FFS, it's just not right, is it?!  :grr::ranting:

20 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Agree, apart from Brisbane Road not really being in Walthamstow and the fact that Walthamstow started to be gentrified ago, the process being ongoing.

Just makes me grateful that Steve Lansdown is our owner.

Hes taken some cruel criticism this season and if he decided enough is enough and walked away then who could blame him? Those critics should be careful what they wish for.........if he did then we could end up being taken over by some clueless foreigner who'd ruin our club like so many already have.

11 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Agree, apart from Brisbane Road not really being in Walthamstow and the fact that Walthamstow started to be gentrified ago, the process being ongoing.

Not been up that way for a few years now but it was always going to spread that way from Stratford after the Olympics. The dog track went a few years ago didn`t it?

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hes taken some cruel criticism this season and if he decided enough is enough and walked away then who could blame him? Those critics should be careful what they wish for.........if he did then we could end up being taken over by some clueless foreigner who'd ruin our club like so many already have.

It's OK RR, his critics know best and have a short list drawn up of suitable owners who are lined up, ready and waiting to buy the club from SL if he decides it's no longer worth the hassle.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

As I said in my opening post, I'm thankful for having him BUT I do think he needs to accept the criticism too. We're all thankful that he loves the club, we're all thankful for the money he invests but he still hasn't proven himself to be a great owner of a football club, just a financially sound one. His business is second to none, I couldn't argue with that but his footballing decisions are very hit and miss and he appeared to be making a very big mistake backing LJ who was setting records, but not the right ones. LJ may have turned things around but I think the majority want to see us improve our standing, not struggle to match it each season and that's where the criticism comes from and as a football fan SL must understand that.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:22, Reigate Red said:

A colleague of mine is an Orient supporter - the EFL should hang their heads in shame.

The EFL doesn't give a damn about the small clubs or about the fans :grr:

Archived