IGNORED

McInnes to Sunderland?

Jacki

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Perhaps the Sunderland board explained their minimum expectations and their budget.

Also Aberdeen wanted £1,000,000 compensation for losing their manager.

I don`t think that was the reason - Sunderland and Aberdeen had agreed the `package` before he was allowed to talk to them.

I think he`s got down there, taken one look and said no ******* chance.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think that was the reason - Sunderland and Aberdeen had agreed the `package` before he was allowed to talk to them.

I think he`s got down there, taken one look and said no ******* chance.

I would think he probably did think that along with the fact that Ellis Short wants to sell and if that happens there would be a decent chance the new owner would want to bring in their own man.

The bizarre thing that I don't get about Sunderland is that apparently they are £250m in debt, which is odd given all the years they have had the TV money and they are not a club that go big on transfer fees along with the fact that they get decent attendances even though they have been in the bottom 3/4 for most of the last few seasons.

34 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I would think he probably did think that along with the fact that Ellis Short wants to sell and if that happens there would be a decent chance the new owner would want to bring in their own man.

The bizarre thing that I don't get about Sunderland is that apparently they are £250m in debt, which is odd given all the years they have had the TV money and they are not a club that go big on transfer fees along with the fact that they get decent attendances even though they have been in the bottom 3/4 for most of the last few seasons.

Got to be wages then I guess. I wonder how much Defoe for instance was on.

So Sunderland MAY get new owners and until then it's difficult to appoint a manager.

OK, the players should start their training in two week's time and they are experienced professionals. let 'em manage themselves for a few weeks. They'll see what's going wrong on the pitch, who's best in each position and who's off their game etc.

I can only assume that McInnes had been told that the £30m for Pickford isn't going into the transfer kitty, and he'll have to get promotion with no budget and a squad of mercenaries. If he needs players, they've clearly got a good academy judging from that one player.

Sound a bit familiar?

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Got to be wages then I guess. I wonder how much Defoe for instance was on.

Could be fella but you would have thought wages etc would be covered by the revenue streams.

The only thought I have is that the owner borrowed to buy the club and saddled them with the debt a la the Glazers.

8 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Could be fella but you would have thought wages etc would be covered by the revenue streams.

The only thought I have is that the owner borrowed to buy the club and saddled them with the debt a la the Glazers.

It could be the old `bought it for a quid` thing with a promise to pay off the debts which never happened. Don`t suppose we`ll ever find out but I can see them being the next Bolton personally.

23 hours ago, Northern Red said:

This is correct, certainly the Moyes stuff anyway. Not sure about Pearson but it wouldn't surprise me, because apparently Del was told exactly the same thing, i.e. that he'd have a minimal amount to spend and would have to save a fortune on wages. Promotion next season was considered unrealistic and they're just looking to tighten up the finances.

Déjà vu!

Archived