IGNORED

England Squad

Super

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Yup, right now. There's something about Rashford that i just don't get the press hysteria about him. No doubt he's got talent. Almost like he's trying too hard, flicks, kicks etc, keeping the ball and dribbling and losing it when he should be giving it, the simple 5yd pass etc...last England game when he came on, made an impact but lost the ball easily, took the wrong option....

Hey, what do i know?!

But you still acknowledge he made an impact, give him more exposure and allow him to develop.

We've got qualifying games and generally then friendlies against big sides i.e. France, neither are situations to put someone in who hasn't played more than a couple of games at premier league level.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Yup, right now. There's something about Rashford that i just don't get the press hysteria about him. No doubt he's got talent. Almost like he's trying too hard, flicks, kicks etc, keeping the ball and dribbling and losing it when he should be giving it, the simple 5yd pass etc...last England game when he came on, made an impact but lost the ball easily, took the wrong option....

Hey, what do i know?!

I think we'd need to see Abraham at the top level before we can say he's ready for England. The premier league is a huge step up in quality. Can't really compare him and Rashford directly until they're playing at the same standard.

Archived