IGNORED

LJ on Subs Bench

Just now, Robbored said:

Any manager has to have the players capable of playing in a back three and I'm not convinced it's that successful as a formation either.

I'm a 4-4-2 man.

There is no one formation that rules them all.

Many exploit the weaknesses of others. 4-4-2 was dominant here, then we saw the rise of 4-2-3-1. Now it is 3-4-3 that counters (to an extent) that formation.

The far more important part is the players, the formations are an extremely convaluted game of rock paper scissors.

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Many exploit the weaknesses of others. 4-4-2 was dominant here, then we saw the rise of 4-2-3-1. Now it is 3-4-3 that counters (to an extent) that formation.

The far more important part is the players, the formations are an extremely convaluted game of rock paper scissors.

:clap::clap::clap:

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Tbh James, to me 4-4-2 is the basic frame from which other formations can evolve, even during the same game.

But as you say formation are a game of Rock Paper Scissors and btw that's an excellent way to describe them. :clap:

Archived