IGNORED

FA cup final

SecretSam

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The best final I've seen in a long time. Don't have any affection for either side but the best team on the day was Arsenal who pressed very well and some of the first time passing was excellent. If only we could see City playing like that. 

A very enjoyable game. Unlike you I really wanted Arsenal to win. They've been my second team since the days of Jim Furnell and John Radford.

To see City playing like Arsenal SL would have to spend megabucks to sign the quality players required to be able to do it.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

A very enjoyable game. Unlike you I really wanted Arsenal to win. They've been my second team since the days of Jim Furnell and John Radford.

To see City playing like Arsenal SL would have to spend megabucks to sign the quality players required to be able to do it.

no shit Sherlock.............

13 hours ago, RedSA said:

Don't think I've enjoyed a cup final this much in years. Bloody brilliant game reminiscent of the premier league heyday. 

Up there with Arsenal 3 Man Utd 2 when Alan Sunderland blitzed down the wing to slice home a 90th minute winner after the Gooners had been 2 up with about 10 to play. .. Its the first time an FA Cup final has been thought of in the same breath as that one for me. Tremendous.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

A very enjoyable game. Unlike you I really wanted Arsenal to win. They've been my second team since the days of Jim Furnell and John Radford

Same..and some.. Had been the number 1 team going back down the years when our grandys lived and worked on the Gillespie Road and were connected with the club in business.

1 minute ago, shepton red said:

What, you mean not giving the handball for the first goal??? 

The highlights are BBC now and even with camera angles and slow mo it's still not a blatant handball so no big surprise that the ref didn't give it.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good for you Eddie.

You're missing a good game so far.

EH is right. As an occasion its now shit. As uniform and plastic as one can imagine. Not a single bed sheet made up with slogans by a spotty kid or anything that I could see. No tears at full time. No sense of history. 

As a football match it was very good, FA Cup or any other. Minus the dozens of counts of cheating, of course. 

And I have no idea why they wear shin pads. To watch the game they appear to have no effect in protecting the shins. You don't even have to make contact to cause severe pain through them. Ban them I say. They're useless. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

EH is right. As an occasion its now shit. As uniform and plastic as one can imagine. Not a single bed sheet made up with slogans by a spotty kid or anything that I could see. No tears at full time. No sense of history. 

As a football match it was very good, FA Cup or any other. Minus the dozens of counts of cheating, of course. 

No sense of history?  

Aresenal have now won it more than any other club and Wenger more wins as manager than any other.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The highlights are BBC now and even with camera angles and slow mo it's still not a blatant handball so no big surprise that the ref didn't give it.

Nonsense, it was handball, Sanchez was amazed that the goal stood.

Brilliant game and really chuffed Arsenal did it.

I don't buy into the Wenger out business. It's disrespectful and classless. He's done so much for them.

If he leaves I hope they nose dive and if he stays i hope he goes big in the transfer market. He's a great manager and I don't think we'll see his level of commitment to a club for a long long time. Well, not until we're playing the the conference south anyway!

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No sense of history?  

Aresenal have now won it more than any other club and Wenger more wins as manager than any other.

Yes they have. What bearing that had on the day I'm not sure. Maybe if it had been their first win it would have improved it. 

The pundits couldn't stop talking about their disappointing season, missing the top four.... Minutes after winning the sodding FA Cup ffs. 

Like it was some consolation prize. 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Brilliant game and really chuffed Arsenal did it.

I don't buy into the Wenger out business. It's disrespectful and classless. He's done so much for them.

If he leaves I hope they nose dive and if he stays i hope he goes big in the transfer market. He's a great manager and I don't think we'll see his level of commitment to a club for a long long time. Well, not until we're playing the the conference south anyway!

His BT SPORT interview was very enlightening about the years 06-14. Said he wouldn't do those again. Huge financial restrictions and didn't seem to enjoy it much. 

Came across as "the public have no idea what I've had to put up with behind the scenes." 

44 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Yes they have. What bearing that had on the day I'm not sure. Maybe if it had been their first win it would have improved it. 

The pundits couldn't stop talking about their disappointing season, missing the top four.... Minutes after winning the sodding FA Cup ffs. 

Like it was some consolation prize. 

One of the mindless pundits seemed to think that Arlene had lost his mojo and wasn't as ruthless as Josè - who finished 6 points behind him!

1 hour ago, shepton red said:

Nonsense, it was handball, Sanchez was amazed that the goal stood.

It hit his hand after ricocheting off his knee, so clearly not deliberate. Ergo, not handball. Whatever the "experts" say.

Archived