IGNORED

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Thread

BobBobSuperBob

4 hours ago, harrys said:

Roy's in dreadful form, surely he will be dropped for the in-form Bairstow, Woakes will be missed

Strauss knows that Roy is struggling for form but that to drop him would show no loyalty to a player who, until this current run of poor scores had shown what's he's capable of with some impressive scores not that long ago.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Strauss knows that Roy is struggling for form but that to drop him would show no loyalty to a player who, until this current run of poor scores had shown what's he's capable of with some impressive scores not that long ago.

What is his is average? Not a lot. So when drop him, after we get knocked out in the group stages?

8 hours ago, harrys said:

What is his is average? Not a lot. So when drop him, after we get knocked out in the group stages?

Agree, must be hard on Bairstow, could walk into any other countries team tomorrow but has to carry the drinks for someone who is woefully out of form but has had a Lee Johnson style vote of confidence from the bosses...

10 hours ago, harrys said:

Not got a 50 in last 10 innings I think - Quite simply , anyone  in for Roy isn't much of a gamble as Roy is providing nothing atm

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not got a 50 in last 10 innings I think - Quite simply , anyone  in for Roy isn't much of a gamble as Roy is providing nothing atm

Difficult.

Roy's most recent scores - I use the word score rather than form intentionally - is abysmal.

Nevertheless, the opening pair of Roy and Hales is well established and I believe we should persevere at present. 

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:05, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought I'd start one for us Cricket lovers

Here we go then

Englandv Bangladesh @ Oval today

Definitely a big banana skin - Bangladesh can beat anyone on a given day

Anyones tips for the tournament  ?

Think we have as good a chance as anyone but have a hunch it will be a SA v Aus final with the SA's finally lifting silverware

Cmmmmmmmmmmmmon England :englandflag::englandflag::englandflag:

Well i had a punt on Joe Root to be the leading scoreer at 10/1

Seems he has an injury so not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Cant see Pakistan chasing this down.

Sounded pretty good for last 5 overs or so whilst driving, 4's and 6's being smashed everywhere.

India should shade it with the talent they have, don't know too much about Pakistan cricket at mo i'm afraid to say, certainly don't think they are like their teams of some years past.

But sounds like and undoubtedly is a great atmosphere at Egbaston.

Respect for the minutes silence, too.

Archived