IGNORED

New badge

ollywhyte

Saw this banded round on Facebook a few times other day... pretty sure we won't be changing it but I for one would love to see the Robin back! Fairly decent design in my opinion. I know this conversation pops up every now and again so apologise in advance, it's that time of the year!!

IMG_1696.PNG

Just now, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I don't care for the robin badge but I actually really like that. Looks both modern and classic.... 

Exactly what I thought when I saw that. Could say it fits the DNA...

3 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I don't care for the robin badge but I actually really like that. Looks both modern and classic.... 

I thought it looked old-fashioned and bland.

Horses for courses!

I love being the robins but the robin on the badge always looked a bit ......... how do I put this........ a bit like big fat phil from the Paddy Power coach advert. A little plump and not all that menacing.

I love this badge the robin looks like we are turning up to make a statement, its everything ive always wanted our pretty little feathered friend to be. Its a bit like your Mrs wearing a posh frock and then necking a pint ..... a bit of grrr behind the posh plumage 

My favourite home & away kit was the 1990-91 kit. The season after Bob Taylor got injured and cost us being champions. I think it was made by Buckta? I remember liking the away yellow and green on holiday with pride. I think Junior scored against Swindon in it. 

1 hour ago, MetzRed said:

Could do with a silhouette of the suspension bridge behind the robin.

But I also would rather we kept the current badge.

I was thinking would be nice to have it where it says the team name going across.

Don't need the team name on the badge - the bridge says it all !!

I saw an excellent design last year. I thought I had saved the image on my computer but I can't find it. been looking on google and everywhere to try find it again. It is very similar to the image below but it had more bold curved lines to make he image of the robin up. All it needed was an image of the suspension bridge behind and that would have been a perfect badge design. If anyone has seen it too put me out of my misery.

CMdx3s0WIAAoXm3.jpg

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Saw this banded round on Facebook a few times other day... pretty sure we won't be changing it but I for one would love to see the Robin back! Fairly decent design in my opinion. I know this conversation pops up every now and again so apologise in advance, it's that time of the year!!

IMG_1696.PNG

No 

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

IMG_1696.PNG

I quite like it. It's a grower

Just now, Rascal said:

Yeah it's pretty decent, a lot better than what we use, but as I say I'd love a Oakwell badge, plain and simple just a well with oak leaves and BFC underneath, I think the plain simple badges are the best, Swansea, Forest, Wolves, Liverpool, the old Arsenal one I think they look quality 

Yeah I completely agree. I may upset other city fans but I'm not a big fan of our badge it looks messy. 

You should be able to guess what team the badge belongs to just by looking at it. Like Wolves, Derby, Swans etc.

4 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Exactly.   Look great on a simple shirt like the mock ups of the 

I get the nostalgia for the old Robin but I think it looks too dated.  This looks timeless.

The reality is the current city badge is not marketable at all.

Its too detailed, look at every single premeir league crest, a child could draw every single one and thats the way they want it because they can stick it on every lunchbox, pencil case, drinks bottle, cuddly toy, poster, car sticker .....for minimal printing costs. 

We've already started printing it on shirts in a single colour, if city ever got a sniff of the prem the current badge is history, 100%.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I think if the current crest is ever replaced in favour of something simple it will be the Bristol Sport logo.

Is this taking the mick? One of most stupid and ignorant posts I've seen recently 

16 hours ago, Olé said:

Shameless repost

IMG_1457.thumb.PNG.f5f403ebf08a0cd9f7f22ff7b1d72987.PNG

Remove the 'football club' and '1897' not needed.    Sort the robin out (its wings are weird).  And you're getting there.

Not having a go, just my opinion.

On 6/2/2017 at 16:01, ollywhyte said:

IMG_1696.PNG

This is ace! Get it on the shirt

56 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Is this taking the mick? One of most stupid and ignorant posts I've seen recently 

Nope. I don't want it and I don't think it will happen but I think if it's changed the Bristol Sport logo is everything that people are asking for, it's clean and easily identifiable.

IMG_1696.PNG

Love it

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 16:01, ollywhyte said:

IMG_1696.PNG

If I had my way I'd bring back the old robin/bridge badge from the seventies/eighties... I don't care what anyone says, I think that it is the best football badge in the world and one of the most easily identifiable.

That said, this is easily the best alternative robin badge that I have seen. 

Of the two designs, I prefer the first one but would much rather stick with the Coat of Arms. The Robins is a nickname and should stay that way, the club is Bristol City so the City of Bristol coat of arms makes perfect sense and then having "the Robins" somehow added onto the shirt is all we need.

Love it. Saw it on twitter over the weekend and got my hopes up

I cannot stand the current badge. Nothing says 'Bristol City FC' than a generic coat of arms that could be Bury, or Burnley, or Huddersfield Town etc etc

Get 1894 on there, and you have to have the bridge, and put it in a roundel, not a shield and we're sorted

Make it happen

#makingwoodsyprowd

It's nice and maybe stick it on some club merchandise or something but not on the actual club kit IMO.

I think the classic coat of arms badge should be kept but what annoys me is that it continually changes colour depending on the colour of the kit.

Keep the old classic design and colours, don't make it all red or purple etc. In my humble opinion.

On 6/3/2017 at 00:34, Olé said:

Shameless repost

IMG_1457.thumb.PNG.f5f403ebf08a0cd9f7f22ff7b1d72987.PNG

Personally feel the Robin looks a little...flountsy(?) And what's with the 1897 nonsense?!?  Like the helmet in the middle of the bridge...unsure if it actually needs our name on it - robin and Suspension Bridge instantly screams BCFC. But if the writing's not there I guess it would look as though the robin was wearing an ill fitting hat!

Although the critique may make it seem otherwise, I don't dislike the potential or concept of this badge though Olé..! :)

Don't like either of the Robin designs if I'm honest, the beak should be shut on the first one and the second one looks like he is losing his balance on the ball.

IMG_1696.PNG

I'm not a big fan of this.

In addition, it looks like he has a stump for the other leg!

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Personally feel the Robin looks a little...flountsy(?) And what's with the 1897 nonsense?!?  Like the helmet in the middle of the bridge...unsure if it actually needs our name on it - robin and Suspension Bridge instantly screams BCFC. But if the writing's not there I guess it would look as though the robin was wearing an ill fitting hat!

Although the critique may make it seem otherwise, I don't dislike the potential or concept of this badge though Olé..! :)

Where's its tail feathers?

On 2017-6-2 at 16:01, ollywhyte said:

IMG_1696.PNG

The robin and the ball does remind me of the old charlton athletic badge. Nice to see the old fashioned leather ball. A few simple changes and it will be a really good badge

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Of the two designs, I prefer the first one but would much rather stick with the Coat of Arms. The Robins is a nickname and should stay that way, the club is Bristol City so the City of Bristol coat of arms makes perfect sense and then having "the Robins" somehow added onto the shirt is all we need.

Yeh, but both Roverzzzz and Glos CCC have used the same badge as our current one....I want something unique to us, not one shared by other clubs.....

Robin, football, Suspension Bridge....unique, class, City.....

4 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

The robin and the ball does remind me of the old charlton athletic badge. Nice to see the old fashioned leather ball. A few simple changes and it will be a really good badge

You Sir, or Siress, have an incredible memory! Charlton Athletic only had the Robin as a badge for one season, in 1946/47 and even then only for league matches and not cup matches...

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You Sir, or Siress, have an incredible memory! Charlton Athletic only had the Robin as a badge for one season, in 1946/47 and even then only for league matches and not cup matches...

Actually I've got a terrible memory..... I can't remember what i had for tea yestereday!   I just looked it up on google!

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, but both Roverzzzz and Glos CCC have used the same badge as our current one....I want something unique to us, not one shared by other clubs.....

Robin, football, Suspension Bridge....unique, class, City.....

It would hardly make us unique, Charlton, Swindon, Cheltenham, Altrincham, Ilkeston, Evesham and Bracknell are all called the Robins. Swindon have a Robin on their badge, Cheltenham's badge is a Robin, Altrincham use Robins on their merch too, Ilkeston currently use the Robin as their badge, Evesham also have a Robin on their badge and Bracknell currently use the Robin as their badge....

I know a group of fans prefer the Robin but it's not in any way shape or form unique and by having it we'd still share a badge that's similar/ pretty much the same as other teams. At least the City of Bristol coat of arms makes sense.

4g619AY.png

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It would hardly make us unique, Charlton, Swindon, Cheltenham, Altrincham, Ilkeston, Evesham and Bracknell are all called the Robins. Swindon have a Robin on their badge, Cheltenham's badge is a Robin, Altrincham use Robins on their merch too, Ilkeston currently use the Robin as their badge, Evesham also have a Robin on their badge and Bracknell currently use the Robin as their badge....

I know a group of fans prefer the Robin but it's not in any way shape or form unique and by having it we'd still share a badge that's similar/ pretty much the same as other teams. At least the City of Bristol coat of arms makes sense.

4g619AY.png

don't like the Robin designs but saying a team that is nicknamed the Robins plays in red and plays below the Citys iconic bridge would'nt make sense doesn't!!!! 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

4g619AY.png

Oh my, Ilkeston have absolutely nailed it there

Maybe we should buy it off them, seeing as they went bankrupt (again) yesterday. God, I love that

I quite like the Cheltenham one as well

11 hours ago, Spike said:

4g619AY.png

Charlton's nickname is the Addicks or the Valiants...they are NOT known as the Robins...

And you've also listed some non-league teams, why do you think they will get confused with an established league club of well over a hundred years?

Yes Cheltenham and Swindon have been known as The Robins, but so what?! Why can't we have a classy Robin badge? Still more original than a coat of arms which zillions of others clubs have - generic crap...

20 hours ago, Spike said:

4g619AY.png

Those first four badges are much better than ours!  I think this new design is great personally, but you will never ever please everyone in regards to the badge.  I think our old robin one is as much naff as it is unique, others love it

Archived