IGNORED

Engvall scores in Stockholm derby

bristolcitysweden

25 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Could work out really well for us with his loan spell ending mid July and being sharp and as fit as a fiddle come season start. 

He's a busy man this summer between the Allsvenskan and the U21 Euros.

41 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

He's a busy man this summer between the Allsvenskan and the U21 Euros.

He hasn't been that busy the rest of the season mind! The summer workload should be easy enough for him to handle, have a couple of weeks off then back into the squad for the start of the season, really hope this works out for everyone involved 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

When I see that one of his Swedish contemporaries is being mooted for a £35m move to the Premiership, I have to wonder whether this might turn out to be a good signing after all.

It just confirms to me that those writing the transfer off as a bad one already are incredibly foolish.

They may ultimately prove correct, but as of right now they have nothing to back it up.

I really hope we don't mess this one up and flog him. LJ did previously state that hes one of three or four that given the game time will flourish in the future. 

Engvall, O'Dowda, Brownhill and Taylor - Moore I believe are the players he is referring to and I can honestly see all of them being very good championship players in the next couple of seasons.

8 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Could work out really well for us with his loan spell ending mid July and being sharp and as fit as a fiddle come season start. 

Yes what a shrewd move by LJ to loan him out. Can't believe some on here we're bemoaning this decision. 

11 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Yes what a shrewd move by LJ to loan him out. Can't believe some on here we're bemoaning this decision. 

Like the shrewd move to have him on the bench gaining splinters @Engvall's Splinter  

Nowhere near the first team last season in chances to play just in geography. Keeping Odowda Magnusson Patterson and Brownhill off the bench at times. 

Fingers crossed he comes back a forward!

7 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Wasn't his idea - Engvall wanted to go back to Sweden on loan

Don't let the truth get in your way - Just make it up as you go along to suit your agenda .... eh

Embarrassing

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just make it up as you go along to suit your agenda .... eh

Which brings me back to a question I asked earlier. How does he view us in his development ? Will he want to come back. ?

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't let the truth get in your way - Just make it up as you go along to suit your agenda .... eh

Embarrassing

LJ still had to approve it, he did so after discussions with Gustav, he could have blocked it .. so not embarrasing

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Like the shrewd move to have him on the bench gaining splinters @Engvall's Splinter  

Nowhere near the first team last season in chances to play just in geography. Keeping Odowda Magnusson Patterson and Brownhill off the bench at times. 

Fingers crossed he comes back a forward!

Gosh, I think you must be the only person who would have played Engval instead of Tammy. Not very shrewd of you :laugh:! 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Embarrassing

No it was LJ:'s idea, but hey don't let your agenda cloud your judgement :laugh:! 

Just now, john from high littleton said:

No it was LJ:'s idea, but hey don't let your agenda cloud your judgement :laugh:! 

As far as I was aware it wasn't. There was a couple of enquiries from league one teams but Engvall turned them down. He wanted to be considered for Swedish U21 tourny and so opted to move back to his home country.

Archived