IGNORED

One Love Manchester Concert

RedM

I'm quite surprised how it seems so undiverse. Maybe it's the type music represented but if it's meant to bring people together as a community then a huge part of the population is hugely under represented which is a shame.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm quite surprised how it seems so undiverse. Maybe it's the type music represented but if it's meant to bring people together as a community then a huge part of the population is hugely under represented which is a shame.

Must admit when I saw the line up I thought similar. But as 20 odd thousand of the people there are the ones at the Ariana Grande concert on that night, probably no use rolling out The Stone Roses or The Charlatans!!

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Must admit when I saw the line up I thought similar. But as 20 odd thousand of the people there are the ones at the Ariana Grande concert on that night, probably no use rolling out The Stone Roses or The Charlatans!!

Or Rolling out the Stones

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

But it was arranged with very little notice, tickets were sold out in very little time, there's only so much that can be done. (I knew nothing of this concert until today)

As RumRed said, not necessarily my kind of music but it seems quite good & I'm watching.

Ariana Grande didn't have to do this, she didn't have to go to the hospital to visit the injured but she has, she has done what she considers best & it's pro-active, it's giving some of those that were at the original gig the chance to move forward (hopefully) & it's raising much needed funds for those affected the most & while it won't bring those 22 that died back or heal those that were maimed by shrapnel, the funds raised could help those affected to take all the time necessary to grieve without the worries of having to go back to work because they can't afford any more time off work.

I've got to ask though, WTF are Little Mix wearing?

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But it was arranged with very little notice, tickets were sold out in very little time, there's only so much that can be done. (I knew nothing of this concert until today)

As RumRed said, not necessarily my kind of music but it seems quite good & I'm watching.

Ariana Grande didn't have to do this, she didn't have to go to the hospital to visit the injured but she has, she has done what she considers best & it's pro-active, it's giving some of those that were at the original gig the chance to move forward (hopefully) & it's raising much needed funds for those affected the most & while it won't bring those 22 that died back or heal those that were maimed by shrapnel, the funds raised could help those affected to take all the time necessary to grieve without the worries of having to go back to work because they can't afford any more time off work.

I've got to ask though, WTF are Little Mix wearing?

Certainly sets the pulse racing!!

I think someone mentioned on another thread she's attending the funerals. Never heard of her prior to the attack, but fair play to her. 

I'm not knocking it, or her as does a braver girl than me,  just that I saw some of the people who were interviewed after the concert were represented by a wide range of ethnic groups which appear to be under representated in the crowd tonight. I hope they chose to stay away for other reasons than fear of reprisals as I can't believe they all were unlucky getting tickets.

1 minute ago, daored said:

I think someone mentioned on another thread she's attending the funerals. Never heard of her prior to the attack, but fair play to her. 

She's an absolutely stunning young lady, and it seems she's pretty damned beautiful on the inside. Top human being.

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Covering the cost of the funerals too. There are going to be people who have lost loved ones and might have suddenly had to work out where to find several thousand pounds to bury their loved ones who that will make a world of difference to.

14 minutes ago, daored said:

I'd never heard of her until that terrible night & I've not heard of some of the acts either & I'm not a fan of some of the other acts either but I'm watching.

I believe she's actually paying for the funerals, certainly something that she doesn't need to do.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm not knocking it, or her as does a braver girl than me,  just that I saw some of the people who were interviewed after the concert were represented by a wide range of ethnic groups which appear to be under representated in the crowd tonight. I hope they chose to stay away for other reasons than fear of reprisals as I can't believe they all were unlucky getting tickets.

I guess the problem is that some people don't live around the Manchester area, I believe some of the people who attended the original gig came from Scotland & Newcastle etc, so it's not that easy to travel so far again.

And again, tickets sold out very quickly, it wasn't about getting every race / religion / nationality to attend, it's a charity gig & if people were willing to pay for their tickets & they were quick enough to get tickets, they've donated to the cause, sometimes there just isn't enough time to allow everything to be organised.

Just now, Northern Red said:

Half the audience won't have heard that before.

To be fair, I've not heard of half the stuff that's been sung so far either, guess I'm just getting old!

Just said the exact same thing to the Mrs!

Just now, Northern Red said:

Just googled who that Mac Miller is. All I'll say is that if that scruffy git can pull Ariana Grande then there's hope for all of us yet.

Never heard of him but it's amazing how good looking a bloke can become to a woman once she finds out he's got a few zeros added to the back end of his bank balance!!

Me...... sceptical??? Nev....... ******* right I am!!

Just now, Tipps69 said:

Never heard of him but it's amazing how good looking a bloke can become to a woman once she finds out he's got a few zeros added to the back end of his bank balance!!

Me...... sceptical??? Nev....... ******* right I am!!

THAT'S what's holding me back

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Half the audience won't have heard that before.

To be fair, I've not heard of half the stuff that's been sung so far either, guess I'm just getting old!

I said to daughter I recognised the song but couldn't place it, quick google, was it really that long ago. 1986 wtf

Just now, Midred said:

Everyone seems to know the words of every random song performed, how do they do it?

It's something you pick up when you're into music, listen to the radio all day, go to gigs etc.

It's something I used to able to do but now I only listen to the radio when driving (twice max a week) & am no longer able to go to gigs & only buy music that I know, so mainly music from a few years back & back to the 70's I guess.

Archived