IGNORED

Music pre-kick off

JakeOTIB

12 hours ago, sephjnr said:

This thread comes up at least three times a year, and the correct answer is always this, but nobody wants to listen!

and there's something that could make you envy the deaf :no:

How about turning the music off earlier and let the fans do what they used to do ,sing songs in support of City and songs taunting the opposing fans ,does build up the atmosphere better than piped music . Hearing both sets of fans going for it has to be better surely ?

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

The Wurzels, end of argument. They should play more of their catalogue though, not just one for the Bristol City and Drink up thy zider.

Agree with this, but what about the Fisherman's Friends and 'Donkey Riding' for a change. Plenty more in their list of shanties.

19 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

How about turning the music off earlier and let the fans do what they used to do ,sing songs in support of City and songs taunting the opposing fans ,does build up the atmosphere better than piped music . Hearing both sets of fans going for it has to be better surely ?

In theory yes and in the past the club have actually tried it.. it didn't really work though and was a bit of an odd silent atmosphere. I think it would only work in a game of high importance or vs Rovers.

22 hours ago, The_Don said:

I think it's more a case of what can be done to build the atmosphere leading up to kick off as people are taking their seats.

I went to Burnley in the Fa Cup last season and even though it was only a small crowd I was impressed with the way they used their screens to show memorable goals to a background of music to whip up the crowd. With slogans such as "WE ARE BURNLEY" and "COME ON YOU CLARETS".

My description really doesn't do it justice but can imagine something similar down the gate with some memorable goals (Tinnion at Anfield, JET vs the gas, Tomlins special against Huddersfield) set to some dramatic music to get the juices flowing.

Ah, but the point would be what (dramatic) music? There will clearly never be any music to suit everyone so a change every so often would be good. But not Pantera.

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't like our music at games. It's an entirely subjective thing so probably plenty think the opposite to me. I find it all a bit uninspiring and personally I find songs like that Elbow track we used to play and the 'flying home' one after half time rather pretentious for football.

In my opinion it's pretty easy to create a mixed playlist of some popular older rock music from the 60s-80s, then some 90s bands like Oasis and Blur.. some more modern bands like Muse and Kasabian.. some dance tracks to build the tempo like Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Pendulum and of course some Wurzels.

Would be something for everyone and build the right mood. There's no need to have random pop songs at half time like Little Mix and Olly Murs - always found that a bit odd considering the demographic.

Foggy, you know too many current pop bands for my liking (two).

21 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Ah, but the point would be what (dramatic) music? There will clearly never be any music to suit everyone so a change every so often would be good. But not Pantera.

Would probably end up being the blackbird song...

Archived