IGNORED

Your most detested City player

Major Isewater

4 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Everything points to Neil Kilkenny. 

Ha, the pointing bit made me laugh.

I personally feel he was one of the best passers of the ball we've had in a long time but in the wrong system. I genuinely believe under a different manager he could've been successful. His performances at Leeds before us and Preston after do not lie. Shame it didn't work out.

31 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Ha, the pointing bit made me laugh.

I personally feel he was one of the best passers of the ball we've had in a long time but in the wrong system. I genuinely believe under a different manager he could've been successful. His performances at Leeds before us and Preston after do not lie. Shame it didn't work out.

Kilkenny didn't work out under 3 different managers. Millen, McInnes, SOD. The last of which was in league one. He still looked shite, and still thought he was gods gift. 

Kilkenny & Foster for me. 

9 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Kilkenny didn't work out under 3 different managers. Millen, McInnes, SOD. The last of which was in league one. He still looked shite, and still thought he was gods gift. 

Kilkenny & Foster for me. 

Surprised Nicky Hunt hasn't got many votes.

Not hate - but a poor player - Clemens Zwinenberg - or something like that. I remember a particularly inept performance away to Oxford. Shocking really.

Surprised Keith Curle got a mention. A decent player and a decent bloke. I played Rugby against him at school level. I was a wing forward for SBL and he was scrum halve for Rodway , I think. Needless to say I couldn't get anywhere near him all game.

2 hours ago, OneWordCityNerd said:

I remember being so excited when we signed Moteab. It was when YouTube started becoming a thing, and his highlight reel was incredible. It looked like we'd signed a world-class striker, and I was expecting 20 goals from him, easily.

I suppose it worked out in the end when we went for Maynard next. We were the last club where he had any real on-pitch success.

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

REALLY?  Perfectly decent guy and a good player, put up with a lot of racism as well.

Me?  I don't "hate" anyone who pulls on our shirt (or the opposition's, for that matter).  Apart from Scott McGarvey, who IIRC bottled it when in a one-on-one vs the Gas and jumped over a challenge rather than try for goal and risk injury.  

In fairness, McGravy was protecting himself to save his perm.....

Hate or detest is too strong a word for me, can't think there's been anyone to make me think that about them. After a while all i can think is apathy & well, meh..!

I seem to remember Steve Torpey arriving in a blaze of glory from Swansea, 'i'd walk over broken glass to play for Bristol City....' and judging by the way he played, that's exactly how he got to the Gate. Garbage.

23 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Hate or detest is too strong a word for me, can't think there's been anyone to make me think that about them. After a while all i can think is apathy & well, meh..!

I seem to remember Steve Torpey arriving in a blaze of glory from Swansea, 'i'd walk over broken glass to play for Bristol City....' and judging by the way he played, that's exactly how he got to the Gate. Garbage.

That neck break on his debut though

23 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

' Hate or detest is too strong a word '  that's actually two words.

:innocent06:

40 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

His debut away at Grimsby when he suffered that injury didn't help at all.

I still maintain he was the best centre back we never had! He defensive work was far better than his attacking. Just a shame he was employed as a striker really.

• Admin

Kevin Mabbutt - the original Billy Big Bollocks......  I worked for a short while at AG and he used to get his pay packet ( yes, they used to get pay packets) and wave it around like Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney character ( obviously well before that character was created).  He had, IIRC, a 3.0 Capri and there were always a few school girls hanging round the players entrance, he'd wave his wage packet at them, jump in his Capri and drive off with an air of arrogance!!

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

His debut away at Grimsby when he suffered that injury didn't help at all.

I still maintain he was the best centre back we never had! He defensive work was far better than his attacking. Just a shame he was employed as a striker really.

I can't remember the injury on his debut, my brain is addled!

13 goals in 70 apps tells its own story. Hey ho.

I give you Welsh International "central defender" Dave Partridge.

I mean, how on earth did we sign him?

I remember him catching the ball in the penalty area at Dean Court. IIRC he must have also been some sort of agent on the side judging by the amount of bookings.

No Dave; head it, kick it or block it but don't pick it up, that's a different game.

We shipped him out on numerous loans before we got rid.

Archived