IGNORED

Saudi Arabia National team

Super

I don't care if it's not in their culture it's about respect which is what the Australian players were paying to their dead. They should have stood in silence, or if they really couldn't manage to do this, stayed in the changing rooms until kick off. They weren't being asked to do anything offensive to their culture or religion. 

'When in Rome' as someone else mentions. It's not in many people's culture to have to cover themselves up, wear headscarves etc but people do when visiting their country and similar, it's about respect and intergration, you shouldn't  have it one way and not the other.

16 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Did we have one in August 2015 when an attacker bombed a mosque in Saudi killing 22?

will there be one for the Iranians killed yesterday?

how about one for all though the taliban recently killed?

Or when 2000 plus people died in the crush at Mecca the same year.

Or 111 people killed by the crane collapse also in Mecca in 2015

12 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

How rude! Especially after Theresa May sold them 4.1 billion pounds worth of weapons for their terrorist friends...

utterly disgraceful tbf and footballs world governing body should punish them for clear lack of disrespect

I don't think they lack "disrespect" at all!! 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep no minute silence for them shocking!

My point was that it game the Muslim Saudi team every reason to have just acknowledged to minutes silence, even if it's not in their culture (I fcuking hate that excuse!) to respect the innocent who died. 

37 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't care if it's not in their culture it's about respect which is what the Australian players were paying to their dead. They should have stood in silence, or if they really couldn't manage to do this, stayed in the changing rooms until kick off. They weren't being asked to do anything offensive to their culture or religion. 

'When in Rome' as someone else mentions. It's not in many people's culture to have to cover themselves up, wear headscarves etc but people do when visiting their country and similar, it's about respect and intergration, you shouldn't  have it one way and not the other.

In their defense they weren't in Rome.

Saudis should have just respectfully stood there quietly, even if they didn't agree with it. Why they feel the need to constantly make these big political statements.

Same as James McClean of WBA. You don't agree with the English national anthem, fine, but stand there silently an don't sing. Why he feels the need to turn his back etc.

Unfortunately this act by the Saudis has done nothing to improve the already poor public perception of Muslims right now.

16 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

How rude! Especially after Theresa May sold them 4.1 billion pounds worth of weapons for their terrorist friends...

utterly disgraceful tbf and footballs world governing body should punish them for clear lack of disrespect

Could've been an excellent deal for us and the rest of the World though ....

...IF we'd arranged RAF 'special deliveries' of  'em ! 

( :devil:)

It's completely out of order.

Indicating that they don't do things like that in their own country will, however, prove bloody useful when you want to wear shorts and take your wife out on the piss on a trip to Saudi.  

Imagine things the other way around. Floggings? 

Archived