IGNORED

Crystal Palace released list

Saunders87

2 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Ledley definitely. Good experience

Think he'll stay in The Prem, & can see him at somewhere like West Brom or Burnley next season.

Campbell is rumoured to be joining Huddersfield.

43 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Campbell has a shocking scoring record. 15 goals in 2007/8 and cock all since. God knows how he gets contracts

Tbf for as long as I can remember he's been a bench player - but all at Prem level - think he could do well in a championship side as his pace will exploit a lot of defences 

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

Campbell and Ledley, although to be fair most of them will probably be on a fair wedge.

Can't see Fryers and Benteke being on that big of a wage - and they failed to get in a struggling Crystal Palace team. Always liked the look ZF for spurs and England youth set up. Hasn't been given a chance in a starting role yet so championship could be his chance to prove himself 

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Campbell has a shocking scoring record. 15 goals in 2007/8 and cock all since. God knows how he gets contracts

I think he's a bit like Ian Dowie, who started off well, but then became decidedly average. Campbell would be an expensive signing, from a salary point of view, with little possibility of payback. Far better to go with SL's project of buy younger, cheaper, players who may improve over time. 

58 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They probably were yesterday.

Today they are unemployed.

Fair point. There always seen to be someone willing to give them stupid money though, mainly the relegated teams.

Someone like Campbell needs a spell playing regularly though at his age. Depends on his mentality really. We're the sort of team that could give him that, especially as Tammy heading back to Chelsea has left a big void. Could he still do a job at this level, I think he could, and if sold right (and for all their faults, MA and LJ are good at that),  he could be sold on being made the main man.

People have mentioned about his goalscoring record recently, but what you have to remember is that he has spent a fair amount of time in the Prem. His record whilst playing in this league, is actually pretty good.

I'd be very happy with him.

Archived