IGNORED

Next season's first fixture

mrevans

14 minutes ago, JulieH said:

We have learnt from that as well and asked them to avoid home fixtures on the day of the 2018 10k!!!

You (not you personally) didn't think that the Portway being closed on a City home match day would be a problem, prior to it happening..?! 

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well, we`ll find out a week on Wednesday. I wonder if Sky will do a countdown to Fixture Day for us like they are for the Premier League ones that are out this week?

Why do you need a countdown to fixture day, if you know it's a week on Wednesday..?!

• Admin
17 minutes ago, JulieH said:

We have learnt from that as well and asked them to avoid home fixtures on the day of the 2018 10k!!!

Out of interest were there many problems that day @JulieH?

For all the horror stories before the day, I never heard that there were that many problems - and the people I know that were affected by closures got to the ground fairly easily too

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Out of interest were there many problems that day @JulieH?

For all the horror stories before the day, I never heard that there were that many problems - and the people I know that were affected by closures got to the ground fairly easily too

Surprisingly not many.

Thankfully fans took notice of all the signs and prematch travel advice from club, police and council and got to the game early on the advised routes.

there were some hold ups and getting from one side of the centre area to the other was difficult from a policing point of view, it took almost an hour! 

Fortunately we got lucky with the result and all was good. 

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Most of us know that Julie but.......that wasn't the case on the last game of season midday k.o clashing with the Bristol 10k run.

Someone messed up big time on that arrangement.

I thought the police tried to get the 10k moved but were overruled by the council? 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I thought the police tried to get the 10k moved but were overruled by the council? 

The police call the shots on anything that might have a safety issue and surely two large crowds in the same area is potentially a safety issue.

Archived