IGNORED

100 grand a week!!!

pillred

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gary Johnson 'blew £50m' - eh?! Can you explain this a bit more? 

31 minutes ago, pillred said:

yes this should be interesting.

Eh?  This isn't my analysis.  Steve said on the radio that he felt a bit silly having gambled £50m on getting to the premiership under GJ and it failing.

£50m was his accumulated losses whilst GJ was in charge rather than the transfer payments.  He wasn't having a go at GJ; more himself for his lack of fiancial discipline.

15 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Eh?  This isn't my analysis.  Steve said on the radio that he felt a bit silly having gambled £50m on getting to the premiership under GJ and it failing.

£50m was his accumulated losses whilst GJ was in charge rather than the transfer payments.  He wasn't having a go at GJ; more himself for his lack of fiancial discipline.

ah! I see, I was wondering it couldn't have been just on players.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

ah! I see, I was wondering it couldn't have been just on players.

Yes, it wasn't my figure.  I did google for it but couldn't find the quote.  He definitely said it as part of explaining why he was going down the sustainable route with Academy players and also buying younger players; it was probably a Geoff Twentyman interview on RB.

13 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, it wasn't my figure.  I did google for it but couldn't find the quote.  He definitely said it as part of explaining why he was going down the sustainable route with Academy players and also buying younger players; it was probably a Geoff Twentyman interview on RB.

I thought it was more along the lines of £50m the amount wasted chasing promotion before we went down.

Ok, so 3 months ago I said on this forum, with regards to Terry  that it was a "shocking signing" and "He will get ripped a new one without adequate cover in the Championship..aged well but no Paulo Maldini"

2 months into the season and having just watched the highlights, the Villa fans must be thinking the guy is a bloody liability. 

Ponderous, clueless with regards Championship pace and tactics and frankly I can't see him finishing the season anywhere else but the bench. 

On 18 June 2017 at 08:58, AshtonGreat said:

To be fair, he's still better than Flint!

Really?

Wonder if Villa would rather have Flint or a 36 year old on absolute fortunes who cannot run, actually they could have just kept hold of Nathan Baker, he is much better than him now (and at least he can still run fast enough to bring opponents down :clapping:).

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

Wonder if Villa would rather have Flint or a 36 year old on absolute fortunes who cannot run, actually they could have just kept hold of Nathan Baker, he is much better than him now (and at least he can still run fast enough to bring opponents down :clapping:).

"What a massive mistake selling Baker was. 

The moment in the second half he played their attacker onside by being about ten yards behind Chester; it was so far beyond shit."

"I thought he played like he was pissed up, an absolute embarrassment. Apart from another woeful personal display, it's obvious that he isn't bringing any organisation or cohesion to the defence. 

Selling Baker to play Terry was a disgrace"

Just a couple of snippets from Villa fans.

• Admin

It's just sad that a player who was so good, who has earned enough to be comfortable for the rest of his life, can't see that the sensible and proper thing to do is retire at the top.  If he he had hung up him boots at the end of the season just gone, he would have remained a Chelsea legend, a decent England player and he could have moved into the next part of his life leaving his footballing reputation reasonably intact.  

Archived