IGNORED

100 grand a week!!!

pillred

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, with his record I'd love him here - you obviously believe in the 'Harry has left loads of clubs bankrupt' myth....oh dear....

I think you and I have had the debate over Harry before BS4.

I respect your difference of opinion, but let's not pretend he hasn't been short of reckless with clubs finances in the past.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A few bold claims from yourself and @JustinCider  and @man in the middle and @hodge.....

So, which clubs has Harry 'bankrupt' as manager?

Bournemouth - he won the third division title for them with 97 points and knocked Man U out of the FA Cup as Bournemouth boss - didn't leave them bankrupt

West Ham - took them to a fifth placed finish in the Premier League - developed and gave debuts to Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, Jermain Defoe, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand etc....bought Paolo Di Canio - didn't leave them bankrupt

Portsmouth - won the division one title with them to take them into the Premier League, kept them up the next season...resigned when a director of football was appointed above him - didnt leave them bankrupt

Southampton - unsuccessful spell, he resigned when Sir Clive Woodward was appointed to the club's coaching staff as he didn't think he could work with him - didn't leave them bankrupt

Portsmouth (again) - took them to a 9th placed finish in the Premier League, won the FA Cup for Pompey, was awarded 'The Freedom of Portsmouth' - didn't leave them bankrupt 

Spurs - managed them to two fourth placed finishes in the Premier League, took them into the Champions League. Won 'Premier League Manager of the Year' - didn't leave them bankrupt

QPR - they were relegated from the Premier League under him in 2013 but he got them promoted straight back to the Premier League the next season. Left when he claimed his health meant he couldn't give 100% to the job - didn't leave them bankrupt

So, where is this trail of bankrupt clubs left in Harry's wake?! 

If your replace "didn't leave them bankrupt" with "left them with a massive wage bill, huge debts, and in each case it took them years to offload the vastly overpaid signings with which he had filled their squads" then you have a great analysis there.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If your replace "didn't leave them bankrupt" with "left them with a massive wage bill, huge debts, and in each case it took them years to offload the vastly overpaid signings with which he had filled their squads" then you have a great analysis there.

Surely his various clubs' owners and chairmen would have approved signings and expenditure? Do you really think Harry had a free hand to spend as he wished with no internal processes, regarding signing players, being in place?

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely his various clubs' owners and chairmen would have approved signings and expenditure? Do you really think Harry had a free hand to spend as he wished with no internal processes, regarding signing players, being in place?

I have heard it directly from West Ham and QPR fans.

Harry was trusted by the money men to buy well, but he brought in over the hill vastly overpaid players on long contracts.  He damaged those clubs.

His worst signing, though there wrre many, was probably Shaun Wright Phillips at QPR on £3m a year.  He was finally released from his contract in 2015 along with Joey Barton and Rio Ferdinand.

He also signed Steven Caulker on some huge wage after he had gone useless.

Harry Redknapp is a dream for agents and over the hill players.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Harry was trusted by the money men to buy well, but he brought in over the hill vastly overpaid players on long contracts.  He damaged those clubs.

His worst signing, though there wrre many, was probably Shaun Wright Phillips at QPR on £3m a year.  He was finally released from his contract in 2015 along with Joey Barton and Rio Ferdinand.

Fair enough, I'm sure we can agree to disagree.....not sure fans are the greatest source of reliable information regarding behind the scenes decisions though.....there's enough evidence of that on here! And if 'money men' at his clubs had seen him 'bankrupt' a whole string of previous clubs, as claimed by several people in this thread, then surely they wouldn't give H a free rein with the coffers?!

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday...

6 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

To be fair, he's still better than Flint!

Ok, here's a very serious question...for probably 10 times the wages of Flint does he have more championship experience? Is he a better header of the ball? Horses for courses, based on cost vs value I would take Flint 100% of the time for the 2017/18 season. He played 9 league games last year. He will get ripped a new one without adequate cover in the Championship..aged well but no Paulo Maldini..

On 17/06/2017 at 11:33, pillred said:

I see that Birmingham city have reputedly offered john terry nearly a hundred grand a week, and we worry about financial fair play, how the hell can they get away with that! 

Will £100K a week keep him in Caravans and lucky heather??

:tomato:

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 01:28, BS4 on Tour... said:

A few bold claims from yourself and @JustinCider  and @man in the middle and @hodge.....

So, which clubs has Harry 'bankrupt' as manager?

Bournemouth - he won the third division title for them with 97 points and knocked Man U out of the FA Cup as Bournemouth boss - didn't leave them bankrupt

West Ham - took them to a fifth placed finish in the Premier League - developed and gave debuts to Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, Jermain Defoe, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand etc....bought Paolo Di Canio - didn't leave them bankrupt

Portsmouth - won the division one title with them to take them into the Premier League, kept them up the next season...resigned when a director of football was appointed above him - didnt leave them bankrupt

Southampton - unsuccessful spell, he resigned when Sir Clive Woodward was appointed to the club's coaching staff as he didn't think he could work with him - didn't leave them bankrupt

Portsmouth (again) - took them to a 9th placed finish in the Premier League, won the FA Cup for Pompey, was awarded 'The Freedom of Portsmouth' - didn't leave them bankrupt 

Spurs - managed them to two fourth placed finishes in the Premier League, took them into the Champions League. Won 'Premier League Manager of the Year' - didn't leave them bankrupt

QPR - they were relegated from the Premier League under him in 2013 but he got them promoted straight back to the Premier League the next season. Left when he claimed his health meant he couldn't give 100% to the job - didn't leave them bankrupt

So, where is this trail of bankrupt clubs left in Harry's wake?! 

no that's because he fecks off before the shit hits the fan knowing that the club have no money left in the bank for the next manager,

39 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

no that's because he fecks off before the shit hits the fan knowing that the club have no money left in the bank for the next manager,

Ok, so in your world the owners/chairmen of all his clubs have let him spend whatever he wants with no approval processes whatsoever, they've seen him leave previous clubs penniless and they just don't care and let him do whatever he wants....yeh, right....

On 18/06/2017 at 11:10, Eddie Hitler said:

"His worst signing, though there wrre many, was probably Shaun Wright Phillips at QPR on £3m a year." - signed 31 August 2011 by Warnock over a year before Harry was appointed.

23 minutes ago, johnwilkinson said:

"His worst signing, though there wrre many, was probably Shaun Wright Phillips at QPR on £3m a year." - signed 31 August 2011 by Warnock over a year before Harry was appointed.

Wow, thanks for posting this .....I guess that's rather taken the wind out of the sails of @Eddie Hitler as he hastily posted his ill-informed post to prove me wrong about Harry....oh dear....it seems he wasn't as irresponsible as you thought.....

7 hours ago, johnwilkinson said:

Is that you 'Arry?

I accept the correction; though that doesn't suddenly mean that you are a financial genius.  As I remember rightly your defence in that tax case was that your dog did your tax returns.

American sports have been global in terms of exporting their product for massive money for 20 years and that's why their big stars there have been earning mega money for 20 years, football has now caught onto this and the premier league has excelled in marketing itself around the globe.  Yeh the money the players get is crazy, but the money generated by the premier league is crazy and as long as people keep subscribing to sky and the other networks globally it will continue.

I can't see the bubble bursting for the Premier League and certainly the top clubs, but the lower leagues will undoubtedly suffer longer term, especially if they try and chase the dream of Premier League football by paying what they can't afford, or the competition is non existent due to parachute payments that fans don't bother.

I would prefer City to say stuff it, we only play home grown players, we don't buy players in, and we will never operate above our means, yeh there would be down years at times, but we get more than enough of those already but they cost us millions and the money goes out of the club, so what's the point really? To earn more money for the players?  Why should fans really care about that?

Id rather never City play in the Premier League than sell out, but we and many other clubs are so obsessed with the money, and nothing else, that the purpose of the club has gone.  We will never be Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc whether we like it or not, so for me we should play our own game and have a club we can all relate to and be proud of.  It won't happen though!

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

American sports have been global in terms of exporting their product for massive money for 20 years and that's why their big stars there have been earning mega money for 20 years, football has now caught onto this and the premier league has excelled in marketing itself around the globe.  Yeh the money the players get is crazy, but the money generated by the premier league is crazy and as long as people keep subscribing to sky and the other networks globally it will continue.

I can't see the bubble bursting for the Premier League and certainly the top clubs, but the lower leagues will undoubtedly suffer longer term, especially if they try and chase the dream of Premier League football by paying what they can't afford, or the competition is non existent due to parachute payments that fans don't bother.

I would prefer City to say stuff it, we only play home grown players, we don't buy players in, and we will never operate above our means, yeh there would be down years at times, but we get more than enough of those already but they cost us millions and the money goes out of the club, so what's the point really? To earn more money for the players?  Why should fans really care about that?

Id rather never City play in the Premier League than sell out, but we and many other clubs are so obsessed with the money, and nothing else, that the purpose of the club has gone.  We will never be Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc whether we like it or not, so for me we should play our own game and have a club we can all relate to and be proud of.  It won't happen though!

I think you have to have the dream that we can one day at least get there, or what is the point. teams that are in the premier league know their pecking order. still surprises happen, look at Leicester, we cant afford to not at least show some ambition, though I know the way things are going it's getting harder and harder.

4 hours ago, pillred said:

I think you have to have the dream that we can one day at least get there, or what is the point. teams that are in the premier league know their pecking order. still surprises happen, look at Leicester, we cant afford to not at least show some ambition, though I know the way things are going it's getting harder and harder.

For me it's about how you get there, not just getting there at all costs, and the short termism which has crept into football now means that everyone thinks you can/should just chuck money at getting to the premier league, and if you have a bad run then get rid of the manager, and start the whole process again (which we and almost every other team have done).  I'd love to see us in the premier league, but not in the way that some clubs have done it

On 19/06/2017 at 22:30, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, so in your world the owners/chairmen of all his clubs have let him spend whatever he wants with no approval processes whatsoever, they've seen him leave previous clubs penniless and they just don't care and let him do whatever he wants....yeh, right....

No, because he convinces them that he is right in both player choice and wage level and they believe him and back him.

For Harry Redknapp, multiple clubs and hundreds of millions down the lav we have Gary Johnson, Bristol City, £50m blown, and Steve Lansdown (in his own words) "feeling silly".

'Arry is very convincing; he'd probably convince me.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, because he convinces them that he is right in both player choice and wage level and they believe him and back him.

For Harry Redknapp, multiple clubs and hundreds of millions down the lav we have Gary Johnson, Bristol City, £50m blown, and Steve Lansdown (in his own words) "feeling silly".

'Arry is very convincing; he'd probably convince me.

Gary Johnson 'blew £50m' - eh?! Can you explain this a bit more? 

Archived