IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

That’s a quality ball from Cummins, but this game was lost by the way we batted in our first innings. That’s the difference between us chasing 170 and 370. Mind you, even 170 looks unattainable now. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

Just now, tin said:

That’s a quality ball from Cummins, but this game was lost by the way we batted in our first innings. That’s the difference between us chasing 170 and 370. 

I spent £160 to watch this shower yesterday.   It was painful. But I’m glad I’m not there today! 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

I spent £160 to watch this shower yesterday.   It was painful. But I’m glad I’m not there today! 

I’ve got tickets for days one and two at Old Trafford. My second daughter is due 10 days after that jolly boys’ outing. Can’t believe I’ve fought so hard to go. It’ll be an easy decision not to with the series lost. 

Edited by tin
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tin said:

I’ve got tickets for days one and two at Old Trafford. My second daughter is due 10 days after that jolly boys’ outing. Can’t believe I’ve fought so hard to go. It’ll be an easy decision not to with the series lost. 

Yeah - the craic is still the craic and it’s a great day out. But it’s painful when we are getting out arsed handed to us on a plate and there’s lots of Aussies around you! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Haha **** off Starc you cheat.

Doesn’t stop Ponting’s propaganda, though, does it? And I don’t know why Starc’s chuntering, he’s grounded the ball! 

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

That was out. Ball was under control and then it’s irrelevant if he puts it on the ground. Strange umpiring 

How is it irrelevant if it goes along the ground?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Super said:

How is it irrelevant if it goes along the ground?

Because he was in control of it before that. It seems to have split opinion a bit so wondering if there will be a rule clarification but as far as I’m concerned it’s out. Some fielders throw the ball in the air 0.5 seconds after they catch it as well. 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Because he was in control of it before that. It seems to have split opinion a bit so wondering if there will be a rule clarification but as far as I’m concerned it’s out. Some fielders throw the ball in the air 0.5 seconds after they catch it as well. 

I agree. It was out for me and more so than the catch Smith took to dismiss Root in the 1st innings. 

You can’t ground the ball, at least that’s what I was taught as a boy. You must have something under the ball, simple as that. 

If I’d done that playing club cricket, I’d signal it as not out in the same way I would signal a six if I took a catch and stepped over the rope.

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

You can’t ground the ball, at least that’s what I was taught as a boy. You must have something under the ball, simple as that. 

If I’d done that playing club cricket, I’d signal it as not out in the same way I would signal a six if I took a catch and stepped over the rope.

You can ground the ball after you are deemed to have been in control of it. He had something under the ball when he caught it. I’m not gonna die on this hill though. It’s a bit subjective. 

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I agree. It was out for me and more so than the catch Smith took to dismiss Root in the 1st innings. 

I agree. I think that was out as well but this was more out! 

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You can ground the ball after you are deemed to have been in control of it. He had something under the ball when he caught it. I’m not gonna die on this hill though. It’s a bit subjective. 

I agree. I think that was out as well but this was more out! 

It’s only deemed a catch once you’re in complete control of your body which he clearly wasn’t so not out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

It’s only deemed a catch once you’re in complete control of your body which he clearly wasn’t so not out. 

I’m guessing there will be clarification. Perfectly happy to accept if I’m wrong. I’ve seen similar things given as out which is why I’m guessing the Aussies didn’t even consider it as not out.  Certainly splitting opinion on WhatsApp groups! 

• Like 1