IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

2 down when could have been 2 up.  Might be cheating ***** but that’s why they’re #1 

We should have won the 1st test but despite Stokes heroics it would have been daylight robbery if we'd won this one. While some got out to decent balls 2nd innings there are at least 7 players who have to take a long look at their performance in the 1st innings, and wonder how a man on one leg helps to gain another 15 runs for the Aussies. What are the odds on an Ozwash. 

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cummins doubling-down. What a *****.

It’s what they do.

They think the rules apply to the other sides not them but bleat like **** if you do the same thing.

Obnoxious team, always have been, always will be.

• Like 2

Headingley Squad ;

Ben Stokes (Durham) Captain
Moeen Ali (Warwickshire)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Harry Brook (Yorkshire)
Zak Crawley (Kent)
Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire)
Dan Lawrence (Essex)
Ollie Pope (Surrey)
Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
Joe Root (Yorkshire)
Josh Tongue (Worcestershire)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
Mark Wood (Durham)

I would drop Robinson and bring in Wood.
I would like Moheen in (if 100% finger fit) , but if Stokes isn't comfortable doing the full job I'm not sure how unless we drop a batter. 
Unless Pope is feeling his injury I don't see the batting being messed with.
Just needs an injection of common sense. Stokes was smashing 6's, but was happy to leave some and he was timing it reasonably well. Robinson was thrashing at everything with no idea or not ever getting his eye in. His dismissal was one of the most frustrating this Test, and there were a few choices.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Midred said:

Just hoping that Bairstow is up for it in his role as wicketkeeper in the next 3 tests,

Australia will be devastated if they are given out the same way!

I hope the gloves are taken off him and Foakes comes in, personally. He’s the best keeper in the country and probably the world. 

To announce an unchanged squad is an insult to be fair. If we’d have batted properly in our first innings and taken the dollies dropped in the first Test, we’d be two up IMO. Plus fitness doubts over Mo and Pope. 

Edited by tin

1 minute ago, tin said:

I hope the gloves are taken off him and Foakes comes in, personally.

If we have to go with 4 seamers it would weaken the batting more than they are willing to, and I know he is decent. I would always play a "real" Keeper, but I don't see them doing it now. 

Just now, 1960maaan said:

If we have to go with 4 seamers it would weaken the batting more than they are willing to, and I know he is decent. I would always play a "real" Keeper, but I don't see them doing it now. 

Keeper is the most important role in Test cricket, IMO. I’ve never seen Foakes even miss a half chance before, let alone make the errors Bairstow has. That would close those fine margins, and he’s a proper bat. 

My opinion counts for jack shit, but I genuinely think we’d fare better if we looked at the likes of Bohannon, Gubbins and Hain. 

Assuming Pope isn’t fit, my XI: Duckett, Bairstow/Gubbins, Bohannon, Root, Brook, Stokes, Foakes, Ahmed, Wood, Robinson, Broad.

I’d be happy to never see Crawley play Test cricket again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Headingley Squad ;

Ben Stokes (Durham) Captain
Moeen Ali (Warwickshire)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Harry Brook (Yorkshire)
Zak Crawley (Kent)
Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire)
Dan Lawrence (Essex)
Ollie Pope (Surrey)
Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
Joe Root (Yorkshire)
Josh Tongue (Worcestershire)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
Mark Wood (Durham)

I would drop Robinson and bring in Wood.
I would like Moheen in (if 100% finger fit) , but if Stokes isn't comfortable doing the full job I'm not sure how unless we drop a batter. 
Unless Pope is feeling his injury I don't see the batting being messed with.
Just needs an injection of common sense. Stokes was smashing 6's, but was happy to leave some and he was timing it reasonably well. Robinson was thrashing at everything with no idea or not ever getting his eye in. His dismissal was one of the most frustrating this Test, and there were a few choices.

Id be tempted to drop Jimmy as well. He has taken 3 wickets in the series so far. Depends on the pitch of course but id be tempted to rest him and bring in Moeen and agree re Robinson/Wood.

• Like 1

Just now, tin said:

Keeper is the most important role in Test cricket, IMO. I’ve never seen Foakes even miss a half chance before, let alone make the errors Bairstow has. That would close those fine margins, and he’s a proper bat. 

My opinion counts for jack shit, but I genuinely think we’d fare better if we looked at the likes of Bohannon, Gubbins and Hain. 

Assuming Pope isn’t fit, my XI: Duckett, Bairstow/Gubbins, Bohannon, Root, Brook, Stokes, Foakes, Ahmed, Wood, Robinson, Broad.

You are dropping Ollie Pope? Bizarre

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, tin said:

No way they make all those changes.
If Pope is struggling , then you could move Bairstow to 3. If he's that high perhaps then you give the gloves to Foakes.
Crawley is a Team fav, playing as they want him to so he's there for the foreseeable .

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

TBF he said assuming he isn't fit. Which has to be a consideration .

13 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He’s bust his shoulder, Tony. I wouldn’t be dropping him if he was 100% fit, but with back-to-back Tests I doubt he’ll be fit in time. 

It doesn’t matter either way as we’ve bizarrely named an unchanged squad. 

Edited by tin

8 minutes ago, tin said:

He’s bust his shoulder, Tony. I wouldn’t be dropping him if he was 100% fit, but with back-to-back Tests I doubt he’ll be fit in time. 

It doesn’t matter either way as we’ve bizarrely named an unchanged squad. 

Yeah sorry mate. I misread your post

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

No way they`re dropping Bairstow for his home test.

I don’t think they’ll drop him full stop. Even if he goes on an horrendous run.  Look at what they have done with Crawley. Foakes needs to be in this team imho - it’s a travesty he isn’t in, but it seems he’s out unless Bairstow gets injured again.  

• Like 2
  • Flames 1