IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I should be both surprised and disappointed if Tongue is rested.

Guess it depends on the pitch. Hopefully it's better than the first two which have been shocking and not favouring us.

25 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Cricket fans love stats right?

This article is brilliant

It was indeed.

A propos statistics:

England have, however, conceded 60 more extras than Australia (118 to 58), leaving them 45 runs behind in total, accounting for the 43-run margin at Lord's and the two runs by which the Baggy Greensters overtook England at Edgbaston.

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Professional bowlers should be embarrassed to bowl a no ball. The line doesn’t move. Anderson doesn’t bowl any no balls. The number from Broad and Stokes especially is extremely ill disciplined and makes no sense to me.  The easiest thing to coach kids? How not to bowl a no ball. 

I agree. Particularly when that stat article shows the importance during, what have been, very close games. Just pull your mark back 6 inches surely?

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I agree. Particularly when that stat article shows the importance during, what have been, very close games. Just pull your mark back 6 inches surely?

A lot of it comes from bowling effort balls. If you know you are going to bowl an effort ball then, exactly, just start 6 inches back from where you do normally

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Not Lawrence apparently. Certainly a longer tail this time 

Crawley
Duckett
Brook 
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Moeen
Woakes
Wood
Broad
Robinson 

Tongue, Anderson rested
Pope injured

I don't have a problem with that team. Pitch depending.

Tongue is a surprise, one of the pluses so far. I would have kept him in ( unless he has a niggle) and dropped Robinson.
Stokes's hesitancy in bowling really makes a difference , and is Moheen capable of bowling all day without impact on his finger ? Not a massive surprise Jimmy being left out I suppose, not been at his best , but you always wonder .
The pitch report doesn't give you much, they expect bounce, but the weather is expected to be cloudy and thundery , I would have given Anderson another go. 

With how we Bat you can never rule a result out (either way), but the draw has to be better odds this time around.

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Not Lawrence apparently. Certainly a longer tail this time 

Crawley
Duckett
Brook 
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Moeen
Woakes
Wood
Broad
Robinson 

Tongue, Anderson rested
Pope injured

Tongue rested?

2 hours ago, Midred said:

Do the  captain and coach not have any say then?

Stokes has more say than any other captain has had. Key  admits it was Stokes who demanded the ECB got McCullum after being named captain. 

As for the XI, I have fitness doubts over the durability of Wood and Moeen, and Woakes hasn’t bowled a great deal for a while. It looks a more balanced team on paper, but I don’t think it’s good enough. 

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Selectors pick the squad don’t they? Coach and captain pick the team? Imagine they get a voice on squad.

however what is embarrassing

5B8C86B7-B066-4B04-8A80-A21A5391435B.jpeg

Saw this earlier. I knew Crawley was shit, but I had no idea his record was as dire as that. How his place isn’t under threat, I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Agree but he has been quite decent in this series so it wouldn't be warranted to drop him now oddly

61, 7, 48 and 3 at an average of 29 isn’t decent for a Test batsman in any era. It shows he can score runs in the first innings when the pressure’s off, and he seldom goes on. He didn’t deserve to start the series IMO and I doubt there’d be a public outcry if he was dropped.