IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’d like to see some more angles of that decision.  Did he ground the bat on floor at same time. 

No don’t think so. Almost certain there was clear daylight between bat and ball. 

I do think that batters don’t always know if they nick it or not. Quite a few reviews this season when the batter has nicked it that points to that 

Crawley’s batted more with confidence and authority in that first session. If he maintains that and nudges his average up to 40 or above beyond this series, he becomes a key player. Less of the loose shots and Vince-like wafts will be the key, please. 

An excellent morning session for us and I’m pleased to see Stokes in at three. It makes senses if Root refuses to do it and Stokes can’t bowl. He needs to affect the game somehow, although Mo hasn’t done bad in his last two knocks. 

Edited by tin

TMS are like the kiss of death for any in form batsman. Twice they've said how well Crawley and then Root were doing and they're out next ball!

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Will they declare in an hour ? Wouldn’t be surprising 

At 393? ?

I’ve loved this series so much. Annoying at times in the first two tests, frustrating in the last test but that’s sport, it’s been gripping and I’ve loved it.

Then it just struck me, tomorrow or the next day it’s all over. No more home tests this year and we’re not in August yet.

I’m not even going to mention the reason but it has to change, you can’t have a series this good, sold out months in advance and then never bother with it in the school holidays.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’ve loved this series so much. Annoying at times in the first two tests, frustrating in the last test but that’s sport, it’s been gripping and I’ve loved it.

Then it just struck me, tomorrow or the next day it’s all over. No more home tests this year and we’re not in August yet.

I’m not even going to mention the reason but it has to change, you can’t have a series this good, sold out months in advance and then never bother with it in the school holidays.

The irony is that the likes of Stokes, Root, Bairstow etc will almost certainly be pulling out of most, if not all, of the Hundred.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

As I said earlier, every Test has twisted and turned. No team has ever really got on top of the other, aside from us at OT.

If we go on to win this Test then we've definitely been the better team, but thwarted from a series win by the rain. 

• Like 2