IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

19 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Can’t believe Anderson isn’t following suit

He adores playing. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That wouldn't surprise me, let Broad have his moment today and then announce his own.

He said only yesterday he has no intention of retiring. And why would he? His stats over the last 12 months are still excellent 

25 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He adores playing

He said only yesterday he has no intention of retiring. And why would he? His stats over the last 12 months are still excellent 

He certainly does, I guess it’s that fine line, some insist on going out on their terms so they get all the attention Broad will be getting now. Some just never want to stop.

I’m guessing Broad will go straight into media but Jimmy hasn’t the same persona to do that so I guess he’ll go on, risking never having a proper send off.

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

He certainly does, I guess it’s that fine line, some insist on going out on their terms so they get all the attention Broad will be getting now. Some just never want to stop.

I’m guessing Broad will go straight into media but Jimmy hasn’t the same persona to do that so I guess he’ll go on, risking never having a proper send off.

Jimmy is a dead cert for TMS if he wants to do it, he already does ODI/T20s for them plus his podcast.

Broad will be on Sky full time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Jimmy is a dead cert for TMS if he wants to do it, he already does ODI/T20s for them plus his podcast.

Broad will be on Sky full time.

Oh I’ve not heard him on that, he’s done a couple things with Sky and has been very dull and flat and offered little, just not a natural but he does have interesting things to say.

Maybe he’s better on radio and of course they all improve as they go on, so we’ll see.

Edited by ralphindevon

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I don’t think Jimmy would want a big send off. Apparently he isn’t that type of person. I can see him just playing until he stops getting picked and then playing for Lancs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

The irony is that the likes of Stokes, Root, Bairstow etc will almost certainly be pulling out of most, if not all, of the Hundred.

I genuinely don’t know, nor have I met, a single person who has a good word to say about The Hundred. Test cricket is the ECB’s cash cow. It’s such a shame they’ve overlooked that.

39 minutes ago, tin said:

I genuinely don’t know, nor have I met, a single person who has a good word to say about The Hundred. Test cricket is the ECB’s cash cow. It’s such a shame they’ve overlooked that.

It'll be one to keep an eye on because Richard Gould isn't a fan either and I think he'd happily get rid of it if money wasn't an issue. The issue is that their deal with Sky is based on it continuing, so there would need to be an alternative that they're happy to pay the money for.

• Like 1

With an unsettled forecast I really hope England don’t waste time batting this morning. I know Broad suggested they would but hopefully that was just mind games.

I’ll be glad when Broad retires as every time I write his name it autocorrects to B-road for some reason.