IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

Fairly damming of the ground in this report

Those covers – on wheels with separate tarpaulins, rather than the more swiftly deployed hover-covers at most major English grounds – will surely need upgrading

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2023/sep/26/englands-summer-reaches-farcical-end-with-odi-against-ireland-washed-out-cricket

Also points out the next men’s ODI is even later in September 2024. So expect another failure

• Admin
8 hours ago, t_b said:

Fairly damming of the ground in this report

Those covers – on wheels with separate tarpaulins, rather than the more swiftly deployed hover-covers at most major English grounds – will surely need upgrading

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2023/sep/26/englands-summer-reaches-farcical-end-with-odi-against-ireland-washed-out-cricket

Also points out the next men’s ODI is even later in September 2024. So expect another failure

I didn't bother entering the ticket ballot for the game against Australia next year, crazy date to be playing

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Anyone here been to a test match in India?

I’m tempted to go over for one of the tests next Jan or Feb , I don’t want to do one of the overpriced official tours but I can’t find anywhere that sells tickets.

Yes, Mumbai and Chennai in 2016. I don't recall tickets being an issue at all. Very unlikely the matches will sell-out so just buy tickets when you're out there. I can't even remember what we did for tickets, but I definitely didn't have any before going out. 

@tin may recall. 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, Mumbai and Chennai in 2016. I don't recall tickets being an issue at all. Very unlikely the matches will sell-out so just buy tickets when you're out there. I can't even remember what we did for tickets, but I definitely didn't have any before going out. 

@tin may recall. 

Cheers.

Yes I must admit you don’t often see capacity crowds for tests but next years are nearly all on smaller lesser known grounds but I’m still confident of getting some.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

@tin may recall. 

@ralphindevon What Tests are you planning to go to? The grounds are so much bigger than over here that tickets are never a problem. We bought tickets for all five days of the Mumbai Test for around £15 in total a day before it started. The queue (below) took about 10 minutes. 

IMG_3839.thumb.jpeg.4c61b3c7f0b537630227b154205dd13c.jpeg

Assuming you can get to the venue, for example Dharamsala will be much trickier to get to than the other venues, you should have no issue getting tickets from the ground.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tin said:

@ralphindevon What Tests are you planning to go to? The grounds are so much bigger than over here that tickets are never a problem. We bought tickets for all five days of the Mumbai Test for around £15 in total a day before it started. The queue (below) took about 10 minutes. 

IMG_3839.thumb.jpeg.4c61b3c7f0b537630227b154205dd13c.jpeg

Assuming you can get to the venue, for example Dharamsala will be much trickier to get to than the other venues, you should have no issue getting tickets from the ground.

I’m still researching but they seem to be not bothering with any of the big grounds in this series.

I’m thinking of a few days at the Visakhapatnam test at it looks an interesting coast and maybe a couple days at the one before in Hyderabad as they’re close together.

It won’t be a long trip, I’m really using it to escape the English winter for a bit and taking in a bit of cricket will be a bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m still researching but they seem to be not bothering with any of the big grounds in this series.

I’m thinking of a few days at the Visakhapatnam test at it looks an interesting coast and maybe a couple days at the one before in Hyderabad as they’re close together.

It won’t be a long trip, I’m really using it to escape the English winter for a bit and taking in a bit of cricket will be a bonus. 

Lovely idea. Vizag holds about 40,000 and Hyderabad is around 55,000, so I expect there to be no issue for you getting tickets. Both are bigger than Mumbai (33,000) where I was in 2016.

I really fancied Dharamsala to mark my 40th, but the only ways to get there was via one flight a day on a tiny plane from Dehli or a long bus trip. The missus wouldn’t sanction me leaving her with the kids for a fortnight! 😅

Edited by tin

26 minutes ago, tin said:

Lovely idea. Vizag holds about 40,000 and Hyderabad is around 55,000, so I expect there to be no issue for you getting tickets. Both are bigger than Mumbai (33,000) where I was in 2016.

I really fancied Dharamsala to mark my 40th, but the only ways to get there was via one flight a day on a tiny plane from Dehli or a long bus trip. The missus wouldn’t sanction me leaving her with the kids for a fortnight! 😅

I didn’t realise they were that big. My mate wants to do Dharamsala but it looks a quite difficult trip and I won’t have too much time, I’m also in the - not sure my wife would allow me away for too long club-  plus I’m not sure about the weather there. I need warm sun.

Thanks for the information 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Super said:

England to Bat

England: 1 Jonny Bairstow, 2 Dawid Malan, 3 Joe Root, 4 Harry Brook, 5 Jos Buttler (capt/wk), 6 Liam Livingstone, 7 Moeen Ali, 8 Sam Curran, 9 Chris Woakes, 10 Adil Rashid, 11 Mark Wood

Just popped downstairs to make a coffee, 42-1 

I can see me drinking a lot of coffee today (too busy to 'work downstairs with the telly on for a bit of background noise...')

• Like 1