IGNORED

Glastonbury

joe jordans teeth

15 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Take it back I can now see he has loop pedals. Quite impressive 

He always uses loop pedals, a very talented bloke to be able to get so much out of just his voice & a guitar in essence.

Like @Dollymarie I don't understand the hate for the bloke, I think he's quite some talent.

White boys and rapping is just wrong Dolls and you know it.

I have seen Louis Theroux try to gangsta rap and it is wrong on so many levels.

This guy makes Louis look cool.

(and yes I am aware he sells bazillions of records so ergo, must be awesome)

1 minute ago, eastonboy said:

RACIST! :P 

17 minutes ago, !james said:

The amount of vitriol against him on Twitter is amusing. Not everyone's cuppa but he is extremely talented. Foo Fighters have been playing the same set for about 5 years and get unanimous praise. 

Especially loving the folk who haven't heard of loop pedals slating him for not playing his guitar!  

Thank God we all have different tastes in music or the world would be a very dull place! 

In fairness, the Foo's have got such a back catalogue, they could've played any 20 songs last night and still had the same crowd reaction. 'Congregation' from 2014, 'Run' from 2017..

If nothing else, it shows the proliferation of pop at the event since late 90's (Robbie, 98..?) and that has been increasing ever since. 20yrs ago, it would have been unthinkable that acts such Beyonce, Kanye West, Ed Sheeran etc would be chosen as headliners.

But like you correctly point out, that's the beauty of the music form and there's a genre for everyone. Not me tho. Definitely a rock fan.

3 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Forgetting the greatest ever rapper......      vanilla ice!

1 minute ago, eastonboy said:

An olive branch dolls

IMG_5640.JPG

Ed's not even that good looking, but comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke, plus a gent when it comes to his girlfriend. Like at The Brits, his missus shoes broke, so he gave her his shoes, carried hers and went barefoot. Slushy romantic stuff like that just makes my heart melt, and is what makes him attractive I guess :wub: 

IMG_0904.JPG

• Admin
9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

In fairness, the Foo's have got such a back catalogue, they could've played any 20 songs last night and still had the same crowd reaction. 'Congregation' from 2014, 'Run' from 2017..

If nothing else, it shows the proliferation of pop at the event since late 90's (Robbie, 98..?) and that has been increasing ever since. 20yrs ago, it would have been unthinkable that acts such Beyonce, Kanye West, Ed Sheeran etc would be chosen as headliners.

But like you correctly point out, that's the beauty of the music form and there's a genre for everyone. Not me tho. Definitely a rock fan.

Thanks, I'd managed to wipe that shite headlining from my memory and you just resurrected it, egotistical nob is a mild expression of my opinion of him......

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

Thanks, I'd managed to wipe that shite headlining from my memory and you just resurrected it, egotistical nob is a mild expression of my opinion of him......

Sorry.....i'll get me coat......

14 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Ed's not even that good looking, but comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke, plus a gent when it comes to his girlfriend. Like at The Brits, his missus shoes broke, so he gave her his shoes, carried hers and went barefoot. Slushy romantic stuff like that just makes my heart melt, and is what makes him attractive I guess :wub: 

IMG_0904.JPG

I wonder what she sees in multimillionaire ed

35 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He's harmless and inoffensive. Not particularly my cup of tea although he has got the odd catchy tune. Although when you work in an office where the radio stations of choice all seem to play at least one of his songs every hour, it does get a bit much.

I have the opposite view. I haven't really heard any of his stuff before because I'm 51 and 6Music don't play it. But I think this evening he has played a FANTASTIC headline slot. I'm pretty punk rock and don't tolerate glib fame whores, but this lad looks and sounds like the real deal to me. Love it. 

As I walked away from the Pyramid the feeling I'm picking up is Ed was 'vastly over rated' /'he was good'. A real Marmite performance. I've not seen him before (except for a guest appearance with Rudimental here a couple of years ago). I wasn't that fussed he was a headliner, he seemed to be singing his songs as quick as he could, sounds much poorer live than on the radio which was a surprise as to me most people are much better live. I think he's ok but wouldn't see him again. compare him to the Kaiser Chiefs who I've now seen 4 times and they were much better, granted maybe not headliners but I don't think on that performance he is either. Anyway it's late and I'm still wandering around before back to reality tomorrow.

Edit; just read back through this the ad a little...yeah for the Ginger!  And I agree it's a hard gig to pull off by himself with a guitar which you need 2 hards to play compared to most acts 

On 2017-6-24 at 15:47, Dollymarie said:

Craig David :wub: 

You've already been told I was sat at one of the food places at the side of the pyramid and I could hear him, almost put me off my food!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

As I walked away from the Pyramid the feeling I'm picking up is Ed was 'vastly over rated' /'he was good'. A real Marmite performance. I've not seen him before (except for a guest appearance with Rudimental here a couple of years ago). I wasn't that fussed he was a headliner, he seemed to be singing his songs as quick as he could, sounds much poorer live than on the radio which was a surprise as to me most people are much better live. I think he's ok but wouldn't see him again. compare him to the Kaiser Chiefs who I've now seen 4 times and they were much better, granted maybe not headliners but I don't think on that performance he is either. Anyway it's late and I'm still wandering around before back to reality tomorrow.

Edit; just read back through this the ad a little...yeah for the Ginger!  And I agree it's a hard gig to pull off by himself with a guitar which you need 2 hards to play compared to most acts 

Perhaps this is why he was lacking in energy.

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I definitely don't wanna share him with you either. :P 

Well it's not like I'm gonna fight ya girl! He's in me backpack I'll drop him round later...wants to play xbox with Brian:P

9 hours ago, Super said:

Why is the one in 2018 cancelled?

They have a year off ever 5 to let the land recover/give the locals a break. However it's actually been 6 years this time.

They were talking of doing a seperate festival - maybe at longleet - next year

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They have a year off ever 5 to let the land recover/give the locals a break. However it's actually been 6 years this time.

They were talking of doing a seperate festival - maybe at longleet - next year

The discussions with Lord Bath came to nothing,  it won't be moving to Longleat.

Archived