IGNORED

Bristol City Tattoos (Merged)

Rossi the Robin

I had one done many years ago which I designed with the artist together. It is the angry robin supposedly punching his way out of the skin on my leg with Bristol City around it. Anyway, it was supposed to be unique, although the artist did photograph it after. A few years later I was walking through the car park on a match day and a guy in shorts had exactly the same tattoo on his leg.  

19 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

I have our current badge on my calf which i soon hope to turn into a lower leg sleeve with all City related tatts

Just a thought. When you have your whole arm tattooed it`s called a sleeve. Surely if you have your whole leg done it should be called a trouser leg shouldn`t it?:robbored:

4 hours ago, Raging_Robin said:

This forum is for opinions and debate right? So, I've got to say, that in my opinion having a football club badge tattoo rates up there with the most chav thing someone can do. It just looks terrible. I don't mind tattoos, infact, I like decent ones. I think I've seen one really decent city tattoo which had john Atyeo the robin and the bridge.

The crest and especially, ESPECIALLY, that "Ernie" picture is horrific. 

Dont do it kids, unless you want that fresh council estate look. 

I don't think it's rates up there with chav

I have mine tattoo over my hart and very proud of it.

it was done many years ago and I have not regretted it 

Bristol City is the only team I support and it will stay with me for the rest of my live and when I move up stairs in my after life

I hate tattoos, but each to his own. Even if you like tattoos there are two big disadvantages of having them. First, they are there for life unless you have expensive laser treatment to get rid of them. Fashions change but you are stuck with the same old tattoo. This might not matter to a City fan as it is unlikely he / she will change allegiance. The second problem is worse. Tattoos start off as a nice sharp design with clear features, but over time the clarity fades away. Have a nice robin now and in 20 years time you will have a faded blob. 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I hate tattoos, but each to his own. Even if you like tattoos there are two big disadvantages of having them. First, they are there for life unless you have expensive laser treatment to get rid of them. Fashions change but you are stuck with the same old tattoo. This might not matter to a City fan as it is unlikely he / she will change allegiance. The second problem is worse. Tattoos start off as a nice sharp design with clear features, but over time the clarity fades away. Have a nice robin now and in 20 years time you will have a faded blob. 

Have to disagree there mate. That may well have been true of the older `navy` type tattoos but mine is 35+ years old and looks as crisp and fresh as the day it was done.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Have to disagree there mate. That may well have been true of the older `navy` type tattoos but mine is 35+ years old and looks as crisp and fresh as the day it was done.

You've obviously got beautiful skin. Do you moisturise? 

Just now, pongo88 said:

You've obviously got beautiful skin. Do you moisturise? 

Doesn`t everyone?

It is in an area that doesn`t get a lot of sun to be fair, my upper arm - when I had it done tattoos were frowned upon by employers so it needed to be somewhere it could easily be covered.

How times have changed eh?

I have the current one on my chest, so large that it even has detail of the flags on the castle and the green snake and the scales above the knights head.

I don't know if that makes me a chav. I reckon that's only if you have a tattoo on your leg and wear three-quarter length shorts and Lonsdale slip ons. :me?:

Archived