IGNORED

6-1 to go down

Cap flinger

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

You are a gas head in a wind up 

ether that or a **** wit

I can understand fans believing in their team/manager (even if they have in the past been let downs) but on the other hand, fans are also allowed to not believe in their current manager and his signings and plans. This is a forum where supporters of this club should not be abused by others merely for expressing their views.

If we all had the same views there would be no point in a forum to discuss the THE CURRENT SITUATION and then the club could just issue statements, knowing that we all agreed with everything it says.

7 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I can understand fans believing in their team/manager (even if they have in the past been let downs) but on the other hand, fans are also allowed to not believe in their current manager and his signings and plans. This is a forum where supporters of this club should not be abused by others merely for expressing their views.

If we all had the same views there would be no point in a forum to discuss the THE CURRENT SITUATION and then the club could just issue statements, knowing that we all agreed with everything it says.

What possible merit does quoting the odds on us going down in June, before any signings, and before a ball is kicked? OK the odds were quoted from a another outlet but to go on here and state the op would stop attending and put his ST money on us to be relegated is sort of well your territory really, and a few others on here that really should not only consider posting on here, attending matches, or even question that they are actually 'City'.

What we need is blind faith, and if you cannot sign up to that, then :sub: 

35 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I don't believe in the manager but this idiot is just on a wind up

20 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What possible merit does quoting the odds on us going down in June, before any signings, and before a ball is kicked? OK the odds were quoted from a another outlet but to go on here and state the op would stop attending and put his ST money on us to be relegated is sort of well your territory really, and a few others on here that really should not only consider posting on here, attending matches, or even question that they are actually 'City'.

I've had blind faith for the last 40 years and it gets you nowhere.

46 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Clappedout rather than Clapton then?

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

I signed up back in 67/68 when I used to go to all home and most away games for years and years back then, inc buying the programs/shirts etc; time, sky tv, foreign imports and manky new stadiums have limited my "signing up"/visits now to perhaps half a dozen times since the Eastend got chopped.

So yes its probably very close to bye bye time but I will always follow whats going on with my club if that's ok with you?

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Take out tammys goals and we would have finished bottom or near as damm it, he's gone and not been replaced, no amount of other signings will fix that, unless we get an outright goal scorer plus shore up in other areas we will struggle to stay up, people on the forum can say it's negative, it's only June but no goal scorer and were deep in it

50 minutes ago, B block said:

Take out tammys goals and we would have finished bottom or near as damm it, he's gone and not been replaced, no amount of other signings will fix that, unless we get an outright goal scorer plus shore up in other areas we will struggle to stay up, people on the forum can say it's negative, it's only June but no goal scorer and were deep in it

Last season it was take out Kodjia goals blah blah blah and before that it was take out Baldocks goals blah blah blah, we've managed to replace both of them and it sounds like we are getting another striker and it is only June. We're not deep in anything at the moment.

24 minutes ago, Big C said:

Last season it was take out Kodjia goals blah blah blah and before that it was take out Baldocks goals blah blah blah, we've managed to replace both of them and it sounds like we are getting another striker and it is only June. We're not deep in anything at the moment.

we may have replaced them but where are those replacements now and why aren't we now moving forward, with our nice new ground and the inputs that is supposed to bring.

Promises promises but the manager and owner have yet to back them up. We just stayed up by 3pts and a slightly better goal difference, will we improve on that this season?

Those players that you mentioned are still providing goals but just not for us......why is that? yes we know they wanted to go etc but why would they want to go if we are going places that some still believe.

39 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

we may have replaced them but where are those replacements now and why aren't we now moving forward, with our nice new ground and the inputs that is supposed to bring.

Promises promises but the manager and owner have yet to back them up. We just stayed up by 3pts and a slightly better goal difference, will we improve on that this season?

Those players that you mentioned are still providing goals but just not for us......why is that? yes we know they wanted to go etc but why would they want to go if we are going places that some still believe.

you were saying........

So we have our Abraham replacement, our new solid right back, and the transfer window hasn't even officially opened yet. We've obviously still got a fair amount more business to do, but it's pretty ludicrous to say that we're not backing up the promises.

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

you were saying........

bringing in a untested in this league striker may or may not help us to get to where most want us to be....the prem. If he is another Kod and we don't cash in on him this time....who knows.

As others have said however, proven strikers in this div can cost twice what we paid for this guy (for a reason) so we will see. We still seem unable to keep our most prized assets, quite often cashing in on them; this in my opinion is self defeating and is no way forward.

8 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Whilst you are fully entitled to follow the club from whatever distance you deem fit, you aren't in a position to criticise the owner or manager for their backing when you've all but jumped ship. 

10 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

You do rather like to abuse by using insults that really have no place on any forum. Because you might not agree with a sentiment to call the poster a half wit is uncalled for, 

Behave.  

I don't think he meant half!!

6 hours ago, glos old boy said:

bringing in a untested in this league striker may or may not help us to get to where most want us to be....the prem. If he is another Kod and we don't cash in on him this time....who knows.

As others have said however, proven strikers in this div can cost twice what we paid for this guy (for a reason) so we will see. We still seem unable to keep our most prized assets, quite often cashing in on them; this in my opinion is self defeating and is no way forward.

It's don't think it's not a question of cashing in on a player.

Firstly Kodjia had made it clear that he wanted to leave. Had that not been the case then it is doubtful that we would have sold him. The reason he wanted to leave was almost certainly because he knew that a club like Villa could offer wages that we could not get near. I'm pretty certain that if SL did not need an £11m fee, but his hands are tied by financial rules as to the amount of losses he is allowed to cover. As the biggest outgoing we have is players wages,  there will be a total wage budget that we can't exceed.

You only have to look at the financial breakdown of championship clubs posted elsewhere on OTIB to see that we are in the bottom third of the championship for wages . With parachute payments Villa would have knocked anything we could offer Kodjia into a cocked hat.

A player who wanted out and a club prepared to pay a mind boggling fee was a no brainer for the club.

For 2 seasons in a row we have brought in strikers untested in this division and both have scored 20+ goals, so why should our latest signing not be capable of the same?  Kodjia costs £3m  and outperformed those  "proven strikers at this level" who cost substantially more.  

On 27/06/2017 at 21:52, Cap flinger said:

So I called Tammy and Jonathon shit did I?

ive spoken to my Italian friend who follows a team in Seria b and he has informed me that he is average and slow so that is what I am going on

My Italian friend who follows a team on Serie B completely disagrees with your friend and says Pisano is absolute class. I admit that I have just invented said Italian friend but I rather suspect that you have too.

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

It's don't think it's not a question of cashing in on a player.

Firstly Kodjia had made it clear that he wanted to leave. Had that not been the case then it is doubtful that we would have sold him. The reason he wanted to leave was almost certainly because he knew that a club like Villa could offer wages that we could not get near. I'm pretty certain that if SL did not need an £11m fee, but his hands are tied by financial rules as to the amount of losses he is allowed to cover. As the biggest outgoing we have is players wages,  there will be a total wage budget that we can't exceed.

You only have to look at the financial breakdown of championship clubs posted elsewhere on OTIB to see that we are in the bottom third of the championship for wages . With parachute payments Villa would have knocked anything we could offer Kodjia into a cocked hat.

A player who wanted out and a club prepared to pay a mind boggling fee was a no brainer for the club.

For 2 seasons in a row we have brought in strikers untested in this division and both have scored 20+ goals, so why should our latest signing not be capable of the same?  Kodjia costs £3m  and outperformed those  "proven strikers at this level" who cost substantially more.  

Look I really hope the new guys nail it for us, what I`m saying is that all these "finds" need to be kept and more added to them to build a team; we need to stick if they are performing instead of twisting, with players anyway.

Just now, glos old boy said:

Look I really hope the new guys nail it for us, what I`m saying is that all these "finds" need to be kept and more added to them to build a team; we need to stick if they are performing instead of twisting, with players anyway.

we've mostly got right the players we have brought in to be fair, and a better manager would get a hell of alot more out of this team, but thats by the by we've got johnson new season new slate but if we are no where near the top 8 after 10 games then, well the crowd reaction will be enough

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whilst you are fully entitled to follow the club from whatever distance you deem fit, you aren't in a position to criticise the owner or manager for their backing when you've all but jumped ship. 

So I cant say what I think then, dispite following every game played various reports from fans there and seeing live games streamed on various sites, for 50 yrs now..........shame I`m going to. :shifty:

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we've mostly got right the players we have brought in to be fair, and a better manager would get a hell of alot more out of this team, but thats by the by we've got johnson new season new slate but if we are no where near the top 8 after 10 games then, well the crowd reaction will be enough

Mostly, others have struggled to make the bench even and players let go are still managing to perform elsewhere......still we will see.

I hope fans who have yet to see us in the top div see it soon, but I prob wont live to see it again :sad26:

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

My Italian friend who follows a team on Serie B completely disagrees with your friend and says Pisano is absolute class. I admit that I have just invented said Italian friend but I rather suspect that you have too.

You **** wit!

On 26/06/2017 at 12:35, Cap flinger said:

I think we will be one of the lowest goal scorers in the division and that obviously never works out well. 

Again, I'm not fishing for bites here just sharing my views on the squad as it stands. 

I would say that with the recent additions and perhaps a few more to come in, I fancy us to have a decent goal scoring threat and a tighter defence which will improve our GD considerably compared to last year

6 hours ago, INCRED said:

I would say that with the recent additions and perhaps a few more to come in, I fancy us to have a decent goal scoring threat and a tighter defence which will improve our GD considerably compared to last year

Yes we all hope that (even me) reality is however they are both unproven in this country/league and as such are risks.

I hope they are improvements on at least recent "striker" imports who have represented their countries but yet still have to prove their worth with us.........that's if they are actually given a run in the team of course.

So we go with 3 international strikers, all as yet unproven in the championship and an ex gas "hero"  who also lacks exp in this league; but I hope you are right and we do have a decent goalscoring threat in what will be a tough div again.

Will be interesting and time will tell.

Archived